2020-2021 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My information comes from friends who are current/past Creighton students, so you can count this as an anecdote.
As babygreenbeans mentioned, Barrow institute at St Joseph's Hospital is one of the best neuroscience research institutions in the US. Apart from Barrow, some Creighton students also do basic science/clinical research at Mayo Clinic. ASU offers more opportunities through the education alliance. U of A is another option although I'm not too familiar with it. Comparatively, your research options at Omaha are limited to Creighton and UNMC only. I'm pretty sure you will be able to find quality research opportunities on whichever campus you pick; Phoenix just seems to have more options right now.

Other than research, at Phoenix you also have a chance to serve a bigger and more diverse group of patients both locally and in Mexico.
Wow thanks a lot for all the info.

Members don't see this ad.

Did they give any reason why?

They said it had to do with clinical experience (mine is condensed into like 2-3 months). I was able to talk with someone on admissions (not a committee member) who said my app wasn't bad, but also that it was a super competitive year, and recommended reapplying even if my ECs stayed the same

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You’re not guaranteed to be looked at again (it depends on the characteristics of the person who withdrew) but you have to have updates in the areas they deemed weak or they won’t look at your app again. That’s what the counselor said when I met with her and she gave me concrete things to do to fix my app. I’d highly recommend going to their office hours! She said even if I didn’t go to Creighton they wanted to help me get in somewhere.
The admission director at Phoenix also told me that they use a randomizer to see who they will look at, even with updates. So like badger008 said, they do not guarantee whether or not they look at anyone's application again, even with updates to my understanding.

Bro what? Their class is full? So if I interviewed on 2/15 and have been told that I can expect to hear back on 3/8 or 3/15 I should just be expecting a WL or an R? We were literally told at the info session that they still have seats open

Bro what? Their class is full? So if I interviewed on 2/15 and have been told that I can expect to hear back on 3/8 or 3/15 I should just be expecting a WL or an R? We were literally told at the info session that they still have seats open
Yeah, I interviewed that day too and definitely remember them saying that there would be acceptances from our cohort. That would be so upsetting if they already filled their class.

Reactions: 1 users
You’re not guaranteed to be looked at again (it depends on the characteristics of the person who withdrew) but you have to have updates in the areas they deemed weak or they won’t look at your app again. That’s what the counselor said when I met with her and she gave me concrete things to do to fix my app. I’d highly recommend going to their office hours! She said even if I didn’t go to Creighton they wanted to help me get in somewhere.
How did you get a chance to meet with a counselor?

I haven't heard anywhere that the class is full, I think it's the opposite, I'm pretty sure there are still spots. We were just speaking about the alternate applicants' odds. I was made an alternate in January. They told us that our applications, as alternates, will not be reviewed again until May.

I saw someone had said that research opportunities are better at the Phoenix campus, can someone please explain if that is true/why. I am thinking I want to choose the Phoenix campus but the only thing holding me back is that it is not as established so I might miss out on opportunities for research/established faculty.

I saw someone had said that research opportunities are better at the Phoenix campus, can someone please explain if that is true/why. I am thinking I want to choose the Phoenix campus but the only thing holding me back is that it is not as established so I might miss out on opportunities for research/established faculty.
Someone explained that a little up in the thread! It's because of the relationships with Barrow, Mayo and ASU. Also at this point, you might not be able to choose a campus. The admin explained that if they are accepting someone, they will look at the preference, but if the spots are all filled for Phoenix, they might accept you to Omaha and vice versa.

Reactions: 1 users
Someone explained that a little up in the thread! It's because of the relationships with Barrow, Mayo and ASU. Also at this point, you might not be able to choose a campus. The admin explained that if they are accepting someone, they will look at the preference, but if the spots are all filled for Phoenix, they might accept you to Omaha and vice versa.
Yeah I just saw that and I’m already placed in the Phoenix campus.

Any idea of when financial aid decisions are made? And how generous they typically are?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I interviewed that day too and definitely remember them saying that there would be acceptances from our cohort. That would be so upsetting if they already filled their class.
Yeah you’re definitely right. I explicitly remember somebody asking if we’re interviewing for WL positions in the info session and they straight up said they had a good amount of seats left. Perhaps they meant they had no more because they are including acceptances from our interview group? Fingers crossed...

Anyway. Good luck with your decision. I hope we both get in this coming Monday or next Monday!

Got an email about second look days!
Omaha (in-person): April 10th
Phoenix (virtual): April 23rd

I was really hoping for an in-person Phoenix one because information about the campus is SO limited online + no current M1/2s to talk to...

Reactions: 3 users

I was really hoping for an in-person Phoenix one because information about the campus is SO limited online + no current M1/2s to talk to... J think

I was really hoping for an in-person Phoenix one because information about the campus is SO limited online + no current M1/2s to talk to...
I don’t think the building is finished yet which is why it’s virtual

how long it takes to get a decision after the thank you message for the interview on the portal disappears? mine disappeared today..

how long it takes to get a decision after the thank you message for the interview on the portal disappears? mine disappeared today..
You will get a decision on Monday

So virtual second look day for Phoenix but in person at Omaha? Kinda weird

So virtual second look day for Phoenix but in person at Omaha? Kinda weird
If you guys google creighton Arizona and go on the main page they added a new YouTube video where they mention the campus will not be ready till this fall, but they include a graphic of what it will look like.

If you guys google creighton Arizona and go on the main page they added a new YouTube video where they mention the campus will not be ready till this fall, but they include a graphic of what it will look like.
Can you share the link?

When did you all interviewed?? I still haven’t gotten anything. Mine was on the week of the 02/19.

Accepted!! Interviewed 2/17 - I had preferenced the Phoenix campus but was assigned to Omaha on my portal

Reactions: 2 users
Yes I believe I interviewed the same week as well. I guess my decision will be next Monday.

Accepted!! Interviewed 2/17 - I had preferenced the Phoenix campus but was assigned to Omaha on my portal
FYI: the same thing happened to me (accepted back in November), and after inquiring into it there was just a small glitch in my portal, and I was actually assigned to the Phoenix campus. Unsure if that's what happened with you, but it's good to check!!

FYI: the same thing happened to me (accepted back in November), and after inquiring into it there was just a small glitch in my portal, and I was actually assigned to the Phoenix campus. Unsure if that's what happened with you, but it's good to check!!
I actually emailed to check this and they told me the Phoenix campus was full but they would put me on the waiting list for Phoenix should a spot open up.

Last edited:
Congrats! The flagship campus. Your LM is very high, I presume a mid 520's MCAT, maybe a 525 which certainly captures attention and confirmed from your footnoted 8 ii's. It is very classy that you only hold 3 acceptances withdrawing from the others, giving some of the no ii team a chance. I presume your footnoted 2 WL are Ivey's are waiting until April 30th when they have visibility to your other acceptances and if they are not Harvard, will give you a second look to protect their yield. You ROCK, congratulations on a great cycle I'm certain it did not come easy and without tears all those years to get here. Maybe you will cure cancer, or similar great contributions to those so desperately need of quality care.

Congrats! The flagship campus. Your LM is very high, I presume a mid 520's MCAT, maybe a 525 which certainly captures attention and confirmed from your footnoted 8 ii's. It is very classy that you only hold 3 acceptances withdrawing from the others, giving some of the no ii team a chance. I presume your footnoted 2 WL are Ivey's are waiting until April 30th when they have visibility to your other acceptances and if they are not Harvard, will give you a second look to protect their yield. You ROCK, congratulations on a great cycle I'm certain it did not come easy and without tears all those years to get here. Maybe you will cure cancer, or similar great contributions to those so desperately need of quality care.
More complimentary than I deserve, but I very much appreciate the kind words :)

same. that rejection email has got to be the worst ive gotten all cycle. Congrats if you got in! If not read on and prepare for the end
Huh, I thought the opposite. I think it’s really great that they’re offering free reapplication advice to people.

Reactions: 5 users
Huh, I thought the opposite. I think it’s really great that they’re offering free reapplication advice to people.

Same. I thought it was a gracious email and nice of them