2019-2020 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone interviewing this weekend heard anything in regards to an interview schedule? Does anyone who has interviewed have any insight? I haven't heard anything past the invitation and scheduling confirmation.
I'm interviewing on Friday and I received an email today with a schedule. If you haven't received it you should very soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm interviewing on Friday and I received an email today with a schedule. If you haven't received it you should very soon.
Anyone know where the M0 dinner is gonna be at? I know it says more information will be given Friday but just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance from this program. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
If I haven't heard back since I submitted in August, do you think I should take it as a soft R?

If I haven't heard back since I submitted in August, do you think I should take it as a soft R?
I'm in the same boat. Someone earlier mentioned they interview until March and it looks like they invite a week or 2 before.

Interviewed 1/10, accepted 2/3 (conditional on completing more nonmedical service) wahoo

Reactions: 2 users
Did they specify how many hours you had to complete?
Honestly no idea. They said all the details were going to be in my admissions packet which hasn't arrived yet! It's working out well because I had some volunteering stuff lined up to do this last semester anyway!

I'm in the same boat. Someone earlier mentioned they interview until March and it looks like they invite a week or 2 before.
I submitted my secondary at the end of July, and didn't hear back until mid-January

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many acceptances they give out? Based off their infographics, they interviewed around 660 people last year.

In terms of scholarship there really isn't much money to go around. If you want to have school paid for then you best look for a spot in the military.

It says in their email that there are 2 open-file interviews with a current staff member (or alum) and with a current student. Am I right to assume then that Creighton interviews are traditional in format? Further, interviews are on the schedule from 10am-noon -- will each interview be an hour-long? Or, is some of this a waiting period while others are interviewing?

It says in their email that there are 2 open-file interviews with a current staff member (or alum) and with a current student. Am I right to assume then that Creighton interviews are traditional in format? Further, interviews are on the schedule from 10am-noon -- will each interview be an hour-long? Or, is some of this a waiting period while others are interviewing?
Yes, Creighton has traditional style interviews. One is with a faculty member, and one is with a current student. The interviews are about a half-hour long, so you have two interviews and two waiting periods in that two-hour block where the interviews are scheduled.

What is the example or recommended types and hours of non-medical volunteering work? Student was placed on alternate list and was advised to do more work. Thanks

What is the example or recommended types and hours of non-medical volunteering work? Student was placed on alternate list and was advised to do more work. Thanks

If you are placed on the alternate list you can call Ryan (admissions director) and he will tell you exactly what they are looking for.

They said in the email that they are unable to hold luggage. For those who flew in for the interview, what did you guys do with your luggage?

How many non-clinical service hours do you all think would be enough at Creighton? I interviewed at the end of January and want to update them with some more hours. I think I'll reach 400 total by June, mostly tutoring but also some food bank work. They mentioned on interview day it's possible to be accepted with the condition you need more hours

I don't check this forum too often but I am a current M2 on the ADCOM. Feel free to message me with any questions you might have and I can try to answer them when I can. Best of luck to all of you future docs!

I don't check this forum too often but I am a current M2 on the ADCOM. Feel free to message me with any questions you might have and I can try to answer them when I can. Best of luck to all of you future docs!
Hey!! Do you know if Creighton is sending out more interviews/when the last interview date is? Thank you!!

Hey!! Do you know if Creighton is sending out more interviews/when the last interview date is? Thank you!!
Spoke to someone in admissions yesterday at that virtual fair and they said they have sent out their last IIs last week. Unfortunately we are out of luck here. Good luck guys. I am sure you all will get in somewhere that's a better fit.

With Step 1 going to P/F, what is the school going to do to ensure the class of 2024 still has a chance to pursue the specialties they want?

Do you know how many people are typically on the waitlist and get accepted?

In order of what people asked on this forum

1. I can confirm that the final Interview slots have been handed out!
2. I would advise you to do your own research about STEP1 going to pass fail since there are numerous opinions on the matter which at this point are mostly speculation. However, after speaking with one of ur program directors here at Creighton it seems that essentially STEP 2 will simply become what STEP 1 used to be. The major difference will be that now they are also going to be looking slightly more at volunteering, research, leadership and rec letters.
3. As far as I know there have been years where not a single person got off of the waitlist. Other years there have been about 30 people who moved from it. I believe my year it was about 15 people. I was one of them in fact.

In order of what people asked on this forum

1. I can confirm that the final Interview slots have been handed out!
2. I would advise you to do your own research about STEP1 going to pass fail since there are numerous opinions on the matter which at this point are mostly speculation. However, after speaking with one of ur program directors here at Creighton it seems that essentially STEP 2 will simply become what STEP 1 used to be. The major difference will be that now they are also going to be looking slightly more at volunteering, research, leadership and rec letters.
3. As far as I know there have been years where not a single person got off of the waitlist. Other years there have been about 30 people who moved from it. I believe my year it was about 15 people. I was one of them in fact.
Thank you for the answers! Do you know how many acceptances they give out each year?

alternative status; decisions are on the portal. Interviewed 1/31

Thank you for the answers! Do you know how many acceptances they give out each year?

In a given year we probably give out somewhere around 250-300 acceptances since. I know for our class it was about 240 acceptances to fill 170 seats.

At the interview they said that they interview about 700 and accept about 400 each year

At the interview they said that they interview about 700 and accept about 400 each year

And I have heard that close to half of that 400 comes off the waitlist but of course it can vary from year to year

And I have heard that close to half of that 400 comes off the waitlist but of course it can vary from year to year
Ya I don’t think 200 people come off the waitlist... more like between 0-40 is what admissions has told me.

Ya I don’t think 200 people come off the waitlist... more like between 0-40 is what admissions has told me.

I agree 200 off the waitlist seems very high but I find it hard to believe that they offer more than 250 straight acceptances for a class of 170.

I agree 200 off the waitlist seems very high but I find it hard to believe that they offer more than 250 straight acceptances for a class of 170.

Ryan (admissions director) said they accept 400 every year when I asked this question at my interview in September

Ryan (admissions director) said they accept 400 every year when I asked this question at my interview in September
I definitely got rejected here, but this is normal. From what I’ve experienced this cycle, most schools accept at least 50% more than their class size.

Most schools accept 2-3x per seat. 400 is very believable for a lower tier school like Creighton. Just hope they haven’t given them all out already!

Anyone know of a good way to fulfill the physiology requirement quickly? Will they substitute it with another class? If not, whats the best way to get it done before matriculation?

Is there anyone else from the 2/6 interview group wishing it were Monday already? lol

First name basis with the admission director. You must have that A. Lol.

haha no... I just feel weird calling him Mr. Wessel. Definitely don't have that A, probably got the alternate list for asking bold questions

Anyone know of a good way to fulfill the physiology requirement quickly? Will they substitute it with another class? If not, whats the best way to get it done before matriculation?
You can take a self paced, online, “extension” course throughUC Berkeley! I think you have between 90 and 180 days to complete it too.

You can take a self paced, online, “extension” course throughUC Berkeley! I think you have between 90 and 180 days to complete it too.

Unfortunately, it looks like you can not complete the course in less than 90 days. According to Creighton's website, pre-req courses must be completed by June 1st, which is 95 days away. I wonder if additional time would be needed for the grades to be submitted, a transcript to be made, etc. and if this would push us past the deadline.

I will tell you all coming from an ADCOM member that some of us put more emphasis on the interview than others. I personally use it as a way to make sure people can hold a good conversation. I am not saying anyone is on the waitlist because they did NOT do this. I am simply saying that I wouldn't think you do or don't get accepted simply based off of the interview alone.

Are interview invites no longer being sent? I was complete 7/23 and silence. Still haven’t been rejected...

I heard that at this point they're waitlisting people with <514 MCAT and accepting people over that. Not sure how true that is or why they would do that just something I heard. :thinking: