You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Creighton Secondary Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I got pictures on my facebook now from the hayride!!! HA!
I was complete back in July and got my invite a couple of weeks ago... So keep on hoping.
Creighton and Omaha are worth the wait 😍😍
I was complete back in July and got my invite a couple of weeks ago... So keep on hoping.
Creighton and Omaha are worth the wait 😍😍
im sad i didnt interview on the 17th now...
i have never been on a hayride 🙁
i have never been on a hayride 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
im sad i didnt interview on the 17th now...
i have never been on a hayride 🙁
Matt, you can be my drinking buddy on the hayrack ride next year if we are both there.
haha awesome 👍Matt, you can be my drinking buddy on the hayrack ride next year if we are both there.
in other news, for those who interviewed on October 10th--they did not finish reviewing all of the files because things got really busy and they missed some committee meetings. So if you haven't heard back yet, have no fear because it doesn't imply you've been waitlisted or rejected! I was told that the decision will probably be about one week postponed.
haha awesome 👍
in other news, for those who interviewed on October 10th--they did not finish reviewing all of the files because things got really busy and they missed some committee meetings. So if you haven't heard back yet, have no fear because it doesn't imply you've been waitlisted or rejected! I was told that the decision will probably be about one week postponed.
A week? That sucks. Did you call them today or something??
yeah just got off the phone with them about 35 minutes ago.A week? That sucks. Did you call them today or something??
you might try calling them too though. Their number is: 402-280-2799
...they did get some decisions made--just didn't reach my file is all.
I'm hoping 10/17 too!!! 🙂
2
202781
I thought they said that they were going to vote on the 10/17 applicants this Tuesday (today). So unless they are still all backed up we should hear the decision soon.
Gud LOOK 2 Al off Yeahu
Gud LOOK 2 Al off Yeahu
Voting today?!?
I'm curious. I might call.
I'm curious. I might call.
im gonna give em a call around 2pm Pacific time. which is about 4pm their time. and im guessing that all committee meetings should be done by that hour.
good luck to everyone!!!
good luck to everyone!!!

im gonna give em a call around 2pm Pacific time. which is about 4pm their time. and im guessing that all committee meetings should be done by that hour.
good luck to everyone!!!![]()
Could you let us know what you find out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed Creighton 10/3/08
Accepted Creighton 10/28/08!!!!!!!!
First acceptance and I am so stoked! Creighton is an awesome school. See you guys class of 2013 at Creighton next year.
congrats!!
do you know why it took longer than expected from 10/3 to get a decision?? (were you waitlisted first?)
so i just called up and they said that no decision has been made on my file. They have been really busy with all kinds of other meetings so I might not expect to hear anything new within the next 3 days. Dee suspects next week I should hear something.
(i interviewed on 10/10)
(i interviewed on 10/10)
so i just called up and they said that no decision has been made on my file. They have been really busy with all kinds of other meetings so I might not expect to hear anything new within the next 3 days. Dee suspects next week I should hear something.
(i interviewed on 10/10)
Good luck, I hope you hear the good news soon!

so i just called up and they said that no decision has been made on my file. They have been really busy with all kinds of other meetings so I might not expect to hear anything new within the next 3 days. Dee suspects next week I should hear something.
(i interviewed on 10/10)
thanks for the info man....this just keeps getting more and more unbearable
It has been ages since my last post on SDN, I got a little tired studying for cardio and saw a Creighton thread. I am a 2nd year there now and it has been a great school. Just wanted to wish all of you luck in your interviews and hopefully some more acceptances/interviews will come out soon.
Interviewed Creighton 10/3/08
Accepted Creighton 10/28/08!!!!!!!!
First acceptance and I am so stoked! Creighton is an awesome school. See you guys class of 2013 at Creighton next year.
Did they call you with their decision or did you receive a letter?
Did they call you with their decision or did you receive a letter?
During interview day they said they call..... I haven't experienced that yet though!!! 🙂
Friday is the 2 week point.During interview day they said they call..... I haven't experienced that yet though!!! 🙂
Friday is the 2 week point.
True. But I wouldnt expect to hear anything on Fri. Because according to their admissions office they are behind in committee meetings for various reasons and still havent decided on the 10/10 crowd. Our two week point was last week. Hopefully we hear this Fri. or early next week.
Ahhh thanks for the heads up.True. But I wouldnt expect to hear anything on Fri. Because according to their admissions office they are behind in committee meetings for various reasons and still havent decided on the 10/10 crowd. Our two week point was last week. Hopefully we hear this Fri. or early next week.
Did they call you with their decision or did you receive a letter?
I got a call when I was accepted
I called the admissions office...For Oct 17 interviewees, decisions will be sent out in "another week or so." They won't have them by tomorrow.
I called the admissions office...For Oct 17 interviewees, decisions will be sent out in "another week or so." They won't have them by tomorrow.
GRRRRRRR. Thanks for the info.
No problem! I wanted to make sure no one was all excited/worried tomorrow. 😛GRRRRRRR. Thanks for the info.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called to find out my status...Alternate List. 

Awww sorry matto 🙁I called to find out my status...Alternate List.![]()
Sorry man. It's ok, we'll both get in and drink in celebration at next year's hayrack ride!!!
I called to find out my status...Alternate List.![]()
Hey Matt, sorry to hear about that. Im sure you will still get in either at Creighton or somewhere else amazing.
thanks RD..I am gonna find out what I can do to get off the waitlist and put all my efforts into those activities!Hey Matt, sorry to hear about that. Im sure you will still get in either at Creighton or somewhere else amazing.
i dont know if you called em up on Friday...but if not, try em again tomorrow! you might get some good news! good luck

congrats!!
do you know why it took longer than expected from 10/3 to get a decision?? (were you waitlisted first?)
When I called them and talked to the admissions office, they said that NO decisions had been made at that time (appx 10/25/2008). I was not on the waitlist, but they did request that I send them additional information on my medical experience through email. Then they replied to my email with an unofficial acceptance. I believe they just took awhile to make decisions and get back with students.
Does anyone know if Creighton sends you any kind of indication that they have received your request for a student host? I'm not talking about who my host is, only that they have gotten my request.
No. The student host send you an email a couple days before your interview day...that's about it.Does anyone know if Creighton sends you any kind of indication that they have received your request for a student host? I'm not talking about who my host is, only that they have gotten my request.
Does anyone know if Creighton sends you any kind of indication that they have received your request for a student host? I'm not talking about who my host is, only that they have gotten my request.
No, they rely on the paypal receipt. I heard back the Tuesday before. You could probably contact them to find out for sure though....
Well I did get a Paypal receipt, but I think I'll call to make sure. I don't want to wait 2 days before just to find out, "whoops, we never got a request, but uh... thanks for the money."
Well I did get a Paypal receipt, but I think I'll call to make sure. I don't want to wait 2 days before just to find out, "whoops, we never got a request, but uh... thanks for the money."
You should be fine... From the email re: hosting:
Please note that once you have submitted the form and completed PayPal payment, you will not be contacted by your host until the Tuesday or Wednesday morning before your interview!
I called this morning and was told that I have been ACCEPTED!!!! 😀
She told me that the letters for 10/10 havent been sent out yet, but they will be shortly (and obviously they have the decision if you want to call).
I am so very thankful, I dont think it has quite settled in my mind yet.
She told me that the letters for 10/10 havent been sent out yet, but they will be shortly (and obviously they have the decision if you want to call).
I am so very thankful, I dont think it has quite settled in my mind yet.
Congrats!!! 😀I called this morning and was told that I have been ACCEPTED!!!! 😀
She told me that the letters for 10/10 havent been sent out yet, but they will be shortly (and obviously they have the decision if you want to call).
I am so very thankful, I dont think it has quite settled in my mind yet.
I called a couple mins ago...no decision for 10/17 yet. We either hear back later this week or early next week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called this morning and was told that I have been ACCEPTED!!!! 😀
She told me that the letters for 10/10 havent been sent out yet, but they will be shortly (and obviously they have the decision if you want to call).
I am so very thankful, I dont think it has quite settled in my mind yet.
Hey, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I will be seeing you there in the Fall. Good work my friend.
Some 10/17 have decisions (like me... Waitlist....)
Ohh sorry!!! 🙁 Yeah, I thought she said some had decisions. But I wasn't sure.Some 10/17 have decisions (like me... Waitlist....)
I hope you get off the waitlist!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K