-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Creighton Secondary Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Wow...Sorry bout that!interviewed the 17th, got a letter today - waitlist. bummer...pretty confident about this one too! oh well
I guess I'm one of the few 17th interviewers who hasn't gotten a decision?
omg reading this thread has me worried now
. i'm in the same boat with you jgberken... anxiously waiting for a decision. i have no idea that they are waitlisting so much.
congrats to you all who got accepted, and
to those still waiting and those on waitlist.
. i'm in the same boat with you jgberken... anxiously waiting for a decision. i have no idea that they are waitlisting so much.congrats to you all who got accepted, and
to those still waiting and those on waitlist. Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2
202781
So are you saying if I have not heard from creighton via phone by now then I am waitlisted (via snail mail)?
Call them and ask. For some of us, a decision has not been made.So are you saying if I have not heard from creighton via phone by now then I am waitlisted (via snail mail)?
2
202781
They don't get mad if you bug them by calling and asking about your status?
They don't get mad if you bug them by calling and asking about your status?
No. They are very nice!!!
No, they're very nice about it. I just asked when decisions would be made and she immediately opened my file to tell me the decision. They're nice!They don't get mad if you bug them by calling and asking about your status?
So are you saying if I have not heard from creighton via phone by now then I am waitlisted (via snail mail)?
Definitely call them. I am not aware of anyone recently who heard via phone from them about an acceptance. I had to call to find out. When I did, she said they hadnt mailed out a lot of the letters yet (even for 10/10) b/c of that AAMC conference thing.
2
202781
Well did you get accepted JgBerken
Some people for 10/17 don't have decisions and will not for another week. I'm one of those 👎Well did you get accepted JgBerken
2
202781
Boo...Well I guess I will just wait until after I come back from my other interviews... I wanted to find out before because I would prolly not go to one of them if I got accepted...Oh well
Congrats to all of you who received acceptances and hang in there those of you who are waiting for a decision or waitlisted. I'm sure the suspense is agonizing.
I interviewed on Oct 24th and Dr. Nipper suggested that decisions would be available in about two weeks after that date (ie this friday!). I'm clearly anxious and hope decisions do come out because I want the band-aid ripped off and don't want to have to wait another week.
Do you think it's insane to call on Friday and see if a decision's been made? I know earlier posters said admissions was incredibly nice but I don't want to be too annoying and call them on the day they said they'd most likely be available.
Suggestions?
I interviewed on Oct 24th and Dr. Nipper suggested that decisions would be available in about two weeks after that date (ie this friday!). I'm clearly anxious and hope decisions do come out because I want the band-aid ripped off and don't want to have to wait another week.
Do you think it's insane to call on Friday and see if a decision's been made? I know earlier posters said admissions was incredibly nice but I don't want to be too annoying and call them on the day they said they'd most likely be available.
Suggestions?
2
202781
Same thing I am thinking. I just don't want to be annoying because there are probably a lot of very OC M0's that will call every day after the 2 week mark.
My advice would be to wait another week. They have really behind on a bunch of their decisions because of a conference or something (I forget).
I am with you though Addison, I interviewed on 10/17 and waiting has been torture...especially because I liked the school so much.
I have a feeling I will get waitlisted (people with much better stats and EC's than me are getting waitlisted left and right.)
Peace
My advice would be to wait another week. They have really behind on a bunch of their decisions because of a conference or something (I forget).
I am with you though Addison, I interviewed on 10/17 and waiting has been torture...especially because I liked the school so much.
I have a feeling I will get waitlisted (people with much better stats and EC's than me are getting waitlisted left and right.)
Peace
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Call the following Monday if you don't hear by Friday.Congrats to all of you who received acceptances and hang in there those of you who are waiting for a decision or waitlisted. I'm sure the suspense is agonizing.
I interviewed on Oct 24th and Dr. Nipper suggested that decisions would be available in about two weeks after that date (ie this friday!). I'm clearly anxious and hope decisions do come out because I want the band-aid ripped off and don't want to have to wait another week.
Do you think it's insane to call on Friday and see if a decision's been made? I know earlier posters said admissions was incredibly nice but I don't want to be too annoying and call them on the day they said they'd most likely be available.
Suggestions?
Congrats to all of you who received acceptances and hang in there those of you who are waiting for a decision or waitlisted. I'm sure the suspense is agonizing.
I interviewed on Oct 24th and Dr. Nipper suggested that decisions would be available in about two weeks after that date (ie this friday!). I'm clearly anxious and hope decisions do come out because I want the band-aid ripped off and don't want to have to wait another week.
Do you think it's insane to call on Friday and see if a decision's been made? I know earlier posters said admissions was incredibly nice but I don't want to be too annoying and call them on the day they said they'd most likely be available.
Suggestions?
I'm in the same boat as you. I interviewed 10/24 and would really like to know if I got in or not. Let me know if you find anything out about when the decisions will be made for our group.
this is for all the students who are still awaiting an interview... i just called because I have been complete since late august, and the lady said they have NOT sent interview invites since the middle of Sept. So they HOPE they can send another batch for dec/jan interviews in the next 2 weeks.. just a lil update for all you fellow pre interview applicants!
this is for all the students who are still awaiting an interview... i just called because I have been complete since late august, and the lady said they have NOT sent interview invites since the middle of Sept. So they HOPE they can send another batch for dec/jan interviews in the next 2 weeks.. just a lil update for all you fellow pre interview applicants!
thanks for that!! that is good to know
Yeah...there have been some! I haven't, though.Has anyone else from the October 17 interview heard back yet?
this is for all the students who are still awaiting an interview... i just called because I have been complete since late august, and the lady said they have NOT sent interview invites since the middle of Sept. So they HOPE they can send another batch for dec/jan interviews in the next 2 weeks.. just a lil update for all you fellow pre interview applicants!
thank you!!! I would do terrible things for an interview at Creighton 😀
this is kind of a random question, but i know earlier on the thread a lot of people mentioned how creighton likes "non-medical volunteering". so would volunteering at an animal shelter and socializing with the animals be a good volunteer thing to do ? I have been wanting to do this for a while but i was debating between this and a soup kitchen
this is kind of a random question, but i know earlier on the thread a lot of people mentioned how creighton likes "non-medical volunteering". so would volunteering at an animal shelter and socializing with the animals be a good volunteer thing to do ? I have been wanting to do this for a while but i was debating between this and a soup kitchen
Socializing with the animals?? I'm not sure that would be looked favorably upon by anyone. At least when you word it that way.
Accepted! 🙂 I called and she said the decision was made today.
jgberken, did you interview on the 17th or the 24th. Ugh. I'm so nervous. I interviewed on the 24th and am anxiously awaiting a decision!
17th. And I'd call, Nobuo! Otherwise, you have to wait all weekend for a decision 😛jgberken, did you interview on the 17th or the 24th. Ugh. I'm so nervous. I interviewed on the 24th and am anxiously awaiting a decision!
Ohh wow! Maybe that's why she put me on hold...to go find out if a decision has been made by the adcom who's meeting right now.i just called and the person said the adcoms are in a meeting right now and they transferred me to a voicemail. ahhhhhh
stop playing games with my heart, creighton :'(
Good luck nobuo!!! I hope you get the acceptance

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted yesterday (Interviewed 10/10). I sent them an email and they replied within 2 hrs. My letter was sent on 11/4.
Ohh wow! Maybe that's why she put me on hold...to go find out if a decision has been made by the adcom who's meeting right now.
Good luck nobuo!!! I hope you get the acceptance![]()
Thanks Tweety and CONGRATS on the acceptance! 👍
I'll call again later today. Hopefully it's done by then.
Thanks! You still have an hour and a half till the admissions office closes.Thanks Tweety and CONGRATS on the acceptance! 👍
I'll call again later today. Hopefully it's done by then.
So like 30 minutes after my last post, I got a call from "unknown" and I was like OMG, and I went to answer it, and whoever it was hung up 😕
seriously... stop playing with me creighton
this is like worse than dating. there's "plenty of fish in the sea", but only one creighton.
seriously... stop playing with me creighton

this is like worse than dating. there's "plenty of fish in the sea", but only one creighton.
I guess you have to wait till Monday 🙁So like 30 minutes after my last post, I got a call from "unknown" and I was like OMG, and I went to answer it, and whoever it was hung up 😕
seriously... stop playing with me creighton
this is like worse than dating. there's "plenty of fish in the sea", but only one creighton.
I called yesterday afternoon was redirected to a voicemail since they were in a meeting and left a message! I couldn't believe I did that but am so glad that I did because I got a call around 515 EST with the best news ever! I got accepted to Creighton!! Woohoo! Interviewed on 10/24.
So hang in there kiddos. Admissions is really nice so I'd definitely give them a call on Monday.
So hang in there kiddos. Admissions is really nice so I'd definitely give them a call on Monday.
Nice, congrats!I called yesterday afternoon was redirected to a voicemail since they were in a meeting and left a message! I couldn't believe I did that but am so glad that I did because I got a call around 515 EST with the best news ever! I got accepted to Creighton!! Woohoo! Interviewed on 10/24.
So hang in there kiddos. Admissions is really nice so I'd definitely give them a call on Monday.
Accepted yesterday (Interviewed 10/10). I sent them an email and they replied within 2 hrs. My letter was sent on 11/4.
Hey, did any of you get your letters in the mail yet? I was told I was accepted on the third and still havent seen any letters. And congrats to all you guys!
Weird...the admissions office told me my letter (from 10/17 interview) was just mailed out on Friday. So, you should probably call if you haven't gotten yours yet.Hey, did any of you get your letters in the mail yet? I was told I was accepted on the third and still havent seen any letters. And congrats to all you guys!
Thanks everyone! I'm super excited!! EEEKK
How was interview day for everyone? I've read the interview schedule online, but I wanted to know how the day actually went for everyone. Is there really a 10 minute breakfast or is it a thing where you're eating breakfast while they go over things? Such a lengthy schedule seems kind of troublesome. I guess I prefer the approach of the other schools I've been to more.
How was interview day for everyone? I've read the interview schedule online, but I wanted to know how the day actually went for everyone. Is there really a 10 minute breakfast or is it a thing where you're eating breakfast while they go over things? Such a lengthy schedule seems kind of troublesome. I guess I prefer the approach of the other schools I've been to more.
The interview day was good. It's not anything really agonizing. For breakfast, they have pastries/coffee/drinks laid out on a few tables and you just grab a bunch of stuff and eat while they go over things. They give you a 5 minute break in between some of the talks if you want to use the bathroom or get more food. The rest of the day is just the interview, touring the med center and the med campus. Most of the interviewees left once the reception at the end started, but I stayed to chat and have a few cookies before leaving 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that's a good sign 😉I just called again, and they said that the Assistant Dean is supposed to call me, but he's out for lunch...
gosh this wait is like torture.
breathe... don't panic...
I think that's a good sign 😉
WOOT! I got in!!
The wait was all worth it in the end haha.
WOOT! I got in!!
The wait was all worth it in the end haha.
Congrats!! This is so exciting!
Bye the way, I called about my letter. It was sent last week (4th or 5th) so for whatever reason I my mail is just slow or something. Dont worry though about getting back to them asap about holding your spot or anything. When I called they were very laid back and reassuring that they dont keep a strict deadline on any of that stuff. So in case any of you were wondering, just sit back and relax.....We're accepted!!!
2
202781
So i still have not heard anything BOOOOO!!!
This must mean I am either rejected or a waitlist
This must mean I am either rejected or a waitlist
WOOT! I got in!!
The wait was all worth it in the end haha.
Congrats!I hope not...did you call?So i still have not heard anything BOOOOO!!!
This must mean I am either rejected or a waitlist
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K