-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Creighton Secondary Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Hahah Congrats!!! 😀Edit...
I just got accepted!!!
I just called and got accepted...
OMG
WTF
Crazy
Congrats Guys!!!! 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Edit...
I just got accepted!!!
I just called and got accepted...
OMG
WTF
Crazy
congrats!!!
and thanks everyone

2
202781
Why didn't I get a call from the admin director.
I thought that the admin director was going to call us to give us the good news that we have been accepted.
Is it because I called the admissions office?
Not that I really care pshhhtt... but whatev. ( I am very articulate)
Did anyone else who interviewed on 10/17 get a call?
I thought that the admin director was going to call us to give us the good news that we have been accepted.
Is it because I called the admissions office?
Not that I really care pshhhtt... but whatev. ( I am very articulate)
Did anyone else who interviewed on 10/17 get a call?
I received an acceptance letter today which was dated November 11. However, I never received a phone call. When I read on this forum that people who interviewed on the same day as I did were getting acceptance calls, then I just figured that I was either rejected or wait-listed. I just thought that I would wait for the inevitable wait list letter in the mail. To my surprise I found a BIG letter packet in my mail today and when I opened the letter I didn't see a letter notifying me that I was on the wait list. Rather, it said that I was accepted. Wow. This acceptance is surprising to say the least. Congratulations to all those who have been accepted and good luck to those who are getting ready to interview at Creighton. It's a great school and I could see myself attending there. Especially because this is my first and only acceptance at the moment.🙂
2
202781
I received an acceptance letter today which was dated November 11. However, I never received a phone call. When I read on this forum that people who interviewed on the same day as I did were getting acceptance calls, then I just figured that I was either rejected or wait-listed. I just thought that I would wait for the inevitable wait list letter in the mail. To my surprise I found a BIG letter packet in my mail today and when I opened the letter I didn't see a letter notifying me that I was on the wait list. Rather, it said that I was accepted. Wow. This acceptance is surprising to say the least. Congratulations to all those who have been accepted and good luck to those who are getting ready to interview at Creighton. It's a great school and I could see myself attending there. Especially because this is my first and only acceptance at the moment.🙂
CONGRATS!
I may be seeing you next year!
I just read the "real feel" temperatures for my stay: 29 and 10, 27 and 11, and last day 38 high. I will have to put on a ton of layers. I don't have any clothes for these temperatures...
any1 get an interview at creighton lately?
still waiting on the interview invite.. complete around 9/20, OOS, high 3.7s gpa, over 30 MCAT, plenty of recent and diverse medical & nonmedical ECs, many recent science courses w/3.9+ gpa, per Garland Jarmon I'm a competitive applicant.
Hopefully they're simply backed up a bit and will offer more interview invites soon. Or maybe Sept is too late to complete a secondary with my stats.
Hopefully they're simply backed up a bit and will offer more interview invites soon. Or maybe Sept is too late to complete a secondary with my stats.
2
213965
I never thought I'd be posting on this thread, yet here I am. Maybe it isn't all about the numbers.
Anyone else interviewing on 12/5?
And congrats to all the acceptances; I really like everything I've read about this school so far.
Anyone else interviewing on 12/5?
And congrats to all the acceptances; I really like everything I've read about this school so far.
No way! CONGRATULATIONS Renny!!!!!!!! Best of luck!!! (I hope you get in so I can take your spot at Tucson 😉)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone please tell me how the creighton interview is and what kind of things they may ask? Thanks in advance
Definitely check the interview feedback, but my interview (and everyone else in my group, it seemed) was really laid back. They want to get to know you. No difficult questions.
2
213965
Renny, if you don't mind me asking, when were you complete at Creighton and when did you receive an interview invite? Thanks!
I was complete on 7/25, and received the invite yesterday on 11/19, so it took them almost 4 months to come around to it, haha.
hi cast...congratulations!!! when were you complete?Just got an interview invite! Going to be interviewing on 12/12! So Excited
hi cast...congratulations!!! when were you complete?
Thanks....I was complete 8/21
Very nice place. I can see why so many of you spoke highly of Creighton. It definitely deserves the praise. It's a long interview day, but in the end I think I would be very happy there.
I just sent my post WL update to convince them to <3 me.
I don't think so.Is it possible that they strongly prefer Jesuits?
Is it possible that they strongly prefer Jesuits?
Like actual Jesuit Priests (not just Catholics)? If you were a Jesuit priest applying to Creighton, I think they would strongly prefer you because you have demonstrated interest in the school's mission.
Is it possible that they strongly prefer Jesuits?
i don't think so.. i think they just like people who embody the jesuit values..
Is it possible that they strongly prefer Jesuits?
It's like nellia said, they want people that embody their value system regardless of religious affiliation.
Just double checking... but everyone understands that you can't just decide to "be" a Jesuit, right? You have to actually join the order as a Priest, Brother, etc. I don't know of any Jesuit medical students at Creighton, but maybe there is one. I think there may be a few in the faculty (SJ/MDs).
Jesuit is not the same thing as Catholic.
Jesuit is not the same thing as Catholic.
2
202781
Yeah I agree.
I am an atheist, and my student host was agnostic.
But I think that we both embodied the value system at creighton. I was actually worried that they would try to infuse religion into every aspect of their program...but they did not...It was as though they were a secular school (with the exception of a church on campus and a couple crosses that I noticed in their hospital)
I am an atheist, and my student host was agnostic.
But I think that we both embodied the value system at creighton. I was actually worried that they would try to infuse religion into every aspect of their program...but they did not...It was as though they were a secular school (with the exception of a church on campus and a couple crosses that I noticed in their hospital)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea I'm wondering the same thing. No word from Creighton for me...
I got an interview invite today! I was complete on 10/10.Does anyone know if anything is going on at Creighton or where the admissions committee is at? Are they done interviewing? It doesn't seem like anything has been going on since November?
Does anyone know if anything is going on at Creighton or where the admissions committee is at? Are they done interviewing? It doesn't seem like anything has been going on since November?
Just got an interview invite today, actually it's pretty late, so I guess yesterday. I was complete 11/6. I'm very excited!
Just got an interview invite today, actually it's pretty late, so I guess yesterday. I was complete 11/6. I'm very excited!
Bad news for me, I was complete 8/20. 🙁
35Q, 3.99 BCMP and overall.For those of you who just got invites, if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?
For those of you who just got invites, if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?
Jedi hand trick. You do not want the stats on here. You want the MSAR stats on accepted applicants which are:
Overall GPA: 3.8
Science GPA: 3.8
MCAT
VR: 10
PS: 10
BS: 10
WS: P
Jedi hand trick. You do not want the stats on here. You want the MSAR stats on accepted applicants which are:
Overall GPA: 3.8
Science GPA: 3.8
MCAT
VR: 10
PS: 10
BS: 10
WS: P
Recently interviewed and just wanted to update those stats......dean talked about how this year their MCAT is looking like it will jump 2 points to a 32 (VR-10, PS-11, BS:11)
Did any other accepted students get an email to apply for scholarships?
Recently interviewed and just wanted to update those stats......dean talked about how this year their MCAT is looking like it will jump 2 points to a 32 (VR-10, PS-11, BS:11)
Awesome! That's great news for Creighton.
Did any other accepted students get an email to apply for scholarships?
Yes, and I got a snail mail Christmas card😀 Very classy
Yeah...but the scholarship app is due Jan 26...so we have work to do during christmas break 😛Awesome! That's great news for Creighton.
Yes, and I got a snail mail Christmas card😀 Very classy
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah...but the scholarship app is due Jan 26...so we have work to do during christmas break 😛
Is this a deadline for everyone or for you? Maybe once you got your acceptance they then gave you a deadline for the scholarship app?
Ugh. I'm supposed to be notified before Christmas and I don't think the interview went that well. I hope it's not another wait-list, but whatever happens, happens.
I don't exactly know. This was what they said:Is this a deadline for everyone or for you? Maybe once you got your acceptance they then gave you a deadline for the scholarship app?
Ugh. I'm supposed to be notified before Christmas and I don't think the interview went that well. I hope it's not another wait-list, but whatever happens, happens.
If you are interested in receiving the Medical Dean's Diversity Scholarship please complete and submit an application no later than January 26, 2009.
Hey all...glad to see that a lot of you guys are getting acceptances. Just wanted to say, if anyone who's recently been accepted has any questions about the school, feel free to PM me. Anyway, best of luck with the rest of the interviewing process and have a great Christmas.
Yes, and I got a snail mail Christmas card😀 Very classy
Me too!! It made me feel all warm inside. Those people are just so freakin friendly.
has anyone from the dec 5th interview group heard back yet?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K