2008-2009 Drexel Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i think a lot of us are in this boat, it's a silent rejection school, i'm not hoping for an interview anymore

Members don't see this ad.

I've had the "A decision has been reached..." status for 10 days now & still no letter :confused:

Hey guys. I just got the interview invite and my interview is scheduled for 4/14. I am super pumped about the interview, but it feels like I'm interviewing really late in the game. Am I interviewing for a spot on the wait list?

And for those wondering, I was put on hold a while back.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've had the "A decision has been reached..." status for 10 days now & still no letter :confused:

Lol I just got my acceptance letter today, Yay!! Good luck to everyone else still waiting :luck: Btw I interviewed on 12/9 if that helps anyone

My status page now says

Thank you for your application. Your file has been reviewed and will be re-evaluated later in the season for a final decision.

Guess I'm not gonna end up here.

Why can't schools just stop this **** and send the rejection?

My status page now says

I have been looking at that message since the beginning of November :(

Thanks :) I'm so excited! Now I'm not sure whether I would rather do IFM or PIL... leaning towards PIL though

Somebody should do a study on this. It seems like everyone wants to do PIL when they get into Drexel. Somewhere along the way though, most of these people change their mind for some reason or another. My question is: what happens??

Hey guys congratulations on those acceptances!

My status page now says

Thank you for your application. Your file has been reviewed and will be re-evaluated later in the season for a final decision.

My status says this too!!! And I submitted my secondary in September and have yet to hear about a rejection or interview. Now it's just a waiting game... which is awful. Why do they put us through this!?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the "A final decision has been reached and a letter sent" status change. How long does the letter usually take?

I just got the "A final decision has been reached and a letter sent" status change. How long does the letter usually take?

It took my letter 12 days. Friday Jan 30 - Wed Feb 11

I can't believe it! I'm in! Just got the letter.

Congratulations!! :)

Mine took 10 days, and I only live about an hour from the school... I think it takes them a few days before they actually send the letter out.

Somebody should do a study on this. It seems like everyone wants to do PIL when they get into Drexel. Somewhere along the way though, most of these people change their mind for some reason or another. My question is: what happens??

I really like the idea of a problem-based curriculum because I feel like it would make things easier to remember by associating new information w/a specific case. The only thing I don't really like is the small group thing, only because I study more efficiently on my own, and other people are usually a distraction for me. But then again, I might only feel that way because all my experience working in groups was in highschool/college, usually w/a bunch of idiots, and I would end up taking over and doing all the work myself... which I'm sure wouldn't even be an issue in med school, lol ;)

Hey guys, my status directly went from "ur interview has been scheduled...plz wait 6-8weeks" to "under review by admissions committee"...it never changed to "Being reviewed by an admissions committee member"...did that happen to anyone else??:confused:

Hey guys, my status directly went from "ur interview has been scheduled...plz wait 6-8weeks" to "under review by admissions committee"...it never changed to "Being reviewed by an admissions committee member"...did that happen to anyone else??:confused:

did you check your status EVERY day? cuz i think mine switched from "please allow 6-8 weeks..." to "being reviewed by adcom member" to "under review" within a matter of a few days. hope that helps!

how long did it take to change, from the interview date ?.

I interviewed last week, and my status was "being reviewed by an adcom member to present to admissions committee" this morning, but now says "under review by admissions committee". I thought they said that the committee meets on thursdays? Or maybe it was tuesdays. Anyway, its been a quick turnaround.

I interviewed last week, and my status was "being reviewed by an adcom member to present to admissions committee" this morning, but now says "under review by admissions committee". I thought they said that the committee meets on thursdays? Or maybe it was tuesdays. Anyway, its been a quick turnaround.
Wow...thats quick. I interviewed late Jan and still the interview message. I hope it will change soon. Good luck.

did you check your status EVERY day? cuz i think mine switched from "please allow 6-8 weeks..." to "being reviewed by adcom member" to "under review" within a matter of a few days. hope that helps!

hmmm i though i checked it almost every day, i know for a fact on Monday it said "ur interview has been scheduled..." but i cant remember if i checked yesterday....anyways at least its going to committee, all be it much quicker than i expected...btw, someone asked me when i interviewed, i intervieweid in early november and got II in late septermber...so its been a long wait

Maybe they forgot to update it until last minute? I remember my status said "interview has been scheduled" for a while after my interview.

Maybe they forgot to update it until last minute? I remember my status said "interview has been scheduled" for a while after my interview.
Do you remember for how long it said interview message after interview ?.

I applied here and submitted secondaries in september, but still haven't heard from them yet, not even for interview.. Anyone else like this?
I was complete August 14th and still no word at all. When I called to inquire the person who answered was extremely rude.

Do you remember for how long it said interview message after interview ?.

I think it was around 7 weeks before it said "under review by a committee member." Try not to worry too much though... the time went by really quickly for me cause I made an effort not to look at the status page often. :oops:

My file was complete in September, and I called recently to inquire about my status which says

The guy was soo rude! He basically acted like I was a complete idiot for asking a question about my status, and dismissed me very quickly. So just a warning to all of you who have the same status - don't call and ask about it!

i'm sorry lovemed. i thinking chances are looking bleak

Let's stay positive! I see where you are coming from, and part of me feels the same way, but if there is one thing this process has taugth me it is that you never know what is going to happen. There is no point thinking about it too much or worrying that chances are bleak...we may get interviews tomorrow, and negativity just saps your energy.

I just got invited to an interview in Philadelphia, so I'm planning on sending Drexel an in the area e-mail. Has that worked for anyone? Are they still offering interviews, and are they only for waitlist spots (especially if I go in mid to late March)? I actually only became complete in December, so I don't have any kind of application status

Accepted, Interview 10/08

Any Jan interviewees, what does your status page say ?. I interviewed in late Jan and still it says interview scheduled.

I just got invited to an interview in Philadelphia, so I'm planning on sending Drexel an in the area e-mail. Has that worked for anyone? Are they still offering interviews, and are they only for waitlist spots (especially if I go in mid to late March)? I actually only became complete in December, so I don't have any kind of application status

It didn't work for me. They never replied to my email at all.

They said (on the phone) that they were mailing my decision letter two weeks ago. It still has not arrived. I've the "decision reached" status for three weeks.

Any Jan interviewees, what does your status page say ?. I interviewed in late Jan and still it says interview scheduled.

I also interviewed in late January. My status page says that my file will be going to committee shortly, and that no decision has been made yet.

I just got invited for an interview in late April. I've already been accepted to Jefferson. Am I just going to be interviewing for a waitlist spot that late in the season? I'm trying to decide if I want to go on my interview.

You might as well go, you live in Pennsylvania. Both schools are great but I think i'm personally leaning towards Jefferson.

haha i just got put on hold and told they would re-review me later on in the season...really? how much more of the season is there??

My status says this too!!! And I submitted my secondary in September and have yet to hear about a rejection or interview. Now it's just a waiting game... which is awful. Why do they put us through this!?

i don't know if our stats are comparable, but my secondary was sent in early oct and complete in nov (had to wait on an LOR) and im still waiting (although less and less and less hopefully). at this point i'm almost ready to concede the loss because it doesnt sound as if there are many interview spots left. waiting is driving me nuts - im convinced there's something i've forgotten to do. not a fan of silent rejections, either.

jcrewtriathlete, if you don't mind sharing what are your stats? I'm curious.:oops:

I just got an interview at Drexel on 4/26. They just emailed last week so don't lose hope.

I just got my acceptance letter on Saturday

I just got my acceptance letter on Saturday
Hey congrats, When did you interview and after how many days did the status change to "letter sent" ?.

Congrats.
I also got an acceptance letter on saturday

What part of the country are you guys in?

Letter was sent to Jersey. In Philly now, so thats probably why it was quick.

JSZ3, when did u interview?

1/7, so it only took about 6 weeks or so. Seems shorter than most but i think it depends on how quickly your personal interviewer gets it to committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.