-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread
Started by bozz
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
If we've been invited to preview weekend and aren't going, are we supposed to tell them? I can email them and hopefully open up a spot for one of you guys.
If we've been invited to preview weekend and aren't going, are we supposed to tell them? I can email them and hopefully open up a spot for one of you guys.
Absolutely! The admissions office has been taking names down for people to fill the spots of others who can't attend.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I won't be able to go either 🙁 - it's Foxfield Weekend up here at UVA!
Absolutely! The admissions office has been taking names down for people to fill the spots of others who can't attend.
Alright, I just sent an email to the "preview weekend" email letting them know that I'll be unable to attend.
I really hope that frees up a spot for one of you guys!
I never got the message to schedule the phone interview with Dr. S. I am instate in top 1/3 of the WL. I was assuming every instate waitlister got it but maybe that is not true. I think I will call and see how things are shaping up waitlist wise. By the way no preview invite here either.
I am in the same situation; IS, top 1/3, no Dr. S interview message, no preview invite. Please let us know what you hear about the waitlist after your call. Thanks!
I am in the same situation; IS, top 1/3, no Dr. S interview message, no preview invite. Please let us know what you hear about the waitlist after your call. Thanks!
Yes, please do! I'm also top 1/3 of IS wait list and no invite or phone interview.
I just got a response to my email saying I won't be able to attend preview weekend, and they said that they'll be able to extend another invite to someone to fill my spot.
I hope one of you guys gets to go in my place! Have fun everyone!
I hope one of you guys gets to go in my place! Have fun everyone!
I just got a response to my email saying I won't be able to attend preview weekend, and they said that they'll be able to extend another invite to someone to fill my spot.
I hope one of you guys gets to go in my place! Have fun everyone!
Chad, can you send me the email for 2nd look RSVP? I'm also not going.
Thanks!
Congratulations!
Just found a big envelope from EVMS in the mail!
OOS female
interviewed in November
waitlisted, top third in December
Accepted 3/30 😀
I also received an invite to the preview weekend
Yay! That gives me hope! Congrats! Go out and celebrate!😀
Thanks. My preview wkend spot has been withdrawn!
hey all, we have a new facebook group for the class of 2013. Check it out and join if you like. If any of you have questions about the area or school or just anything in general, post on there or email me =)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, prospectives,
If you are an OOS female, I hope you get my spot! I just withdrew my acceptance.
Good luck, all!
If you are an OOS female, I hope you get my spot! I just withdrew my acceptance.
Good luck, all!
Hey, prospectives,
If you are an OOS female, I hope you get my spot! I just withdrew my acceptance.
Good luck, all!
I hope I get it!
IHeartIraGlass: Good Luck and Enjoy Cinci (I did the Master's program there and know some great people who are going to be in the class with you)!
any OOS male gotten in yet..? has any1 been able to find out where on the waitlist they are, besides the 1/3s.. i would really love to go here.. good luck to all those waiting..
I was just looking over EVMS' residency matches. Understanding the quality of residency matches is something that has always eluded me because I and most people have no significant exposure to this. It would certainly help, though, in comparing prospective schools. Does anyone know how these matches compare to any other school's? Are there any resources out there for this? I can look at the list and assume that an internal medicine residency at Georgetown is a high quality match, but really I'm just basing that on a name and have no real knowledge of its actual quality. Word.
i still haven't had my phone interview w/ dr solhaug. I assume he's just extremely busy. Anyone else here in a similar situation?
What is this phone interview with Dr. Solhaug? What does it mean? How do you get one?
I'm on the OOS waitlist. When I received my waitlist letter, there was a handwritten note asking me to email Dr Solhaug for a phone interview. I emailed him and have tried calling twice just to make sure they know that I'm trying to schedule this interview, but I haven't heard back yet.
I think they must be really busy. I just dont want them to think I forgot or that I am avoiding this phone interview Dr Solhaug requested...
Does anybody know what the purpose of the phone interview is?
I think they must be really busy. I just dont want them to think I forgot or that I am avoiding this phone interview Dr Solhaug requested...
Does anybody know what the purpose of the phone interview is?
I am top 1/3 OOS wait listed. Does an invitation to preview weekend have any bearing on admissions status? I loved EVMS at my interview and I am really excited to return for a second luck. I am also hoping this means I have a good chance of coming off the waitlist. Does anyone know of people in previous years who were invited to preview weekend (didn't make a fool of themselves) and didn't make it off the wait list?
I just received an invite to the preview weekend via e-mail and was wondering if this was most likely due to my calling and them taking my name and e-mail down or if they would have invited me anyway. Should I still be very optimistic about receiving this invite. I am really excited because I loved this school and would love an acceptance. I'm in state top 1/3 of the wait list.
Is this phone interview only for IS w/lers?
No, I'm on the top 1/3 IS with a preview weekend invite and received no note for a phone interview. Not really sure what their method for issuing those was... anyone else?
I believe the phantom phone interview is a cruel joke played on us to spark converation and worry. It is working since I now wonder:No, I'm on the top 1/3 IS with a preview weekend invite and received no note for a phone interview. Not really sure what their method for issuing those was... anyone else?
Why am I not good enough to have a phone interview with Dr. Solhaug?
Does Dr. Solhaug not want to speak to me because I did something inappropriate on interview day?
Does Dr. Solhaug want to talk to other people who have particularly interesting extracurricular activities and mine aren't?
....
No one has any new news about EVMS?!?! Humm, no new preview weekend invites or acceptances? ...
BUMP... 😀
BUMP... 😀
Hey, I'm a student at EVMS. I know it's really hard applying and waiting, and I've been through the process before, so I completely understand how you might feel.
However, I would recommend trying not to read too much into things. There are students in my class who didn't get invitations to preview weekend and still were admitted. And on the flip side, there are people who were invited to preview weekend who also were admitted.
It's hard to predict what happens as an applicant. I think one of the best things you can do right now if you are on the waitlist is to focus on improving your application, whether that means getting more clinical experience or improving your academic credentials. This can be something that you can update your file with, and if you don't get in, it's something that will help you with the next cycle. The most important thing I did last year was working on taking care of myself...that meant, for me, taking lots of fun weekend trips.
However, I would recommend trying not to read too much into things. There are students in my class who didn't get invitations to preview weekend and still were admitted. And on the flip side, there are people who were invited to preview weekend who also were admitted.
It's hard to predict what happens as an applicant. I think one of the best things you can do right now if you are on the waitlist is to focus on improving your application, whether that means getting more clinical experience or improving your academic credentials. This can be something that you can update your file with, and if you don't get in, it's something that will help you with the next cycle. The most important thing I did last year was working on taking care of myself...that meant, for me, taking lots of fun weekend trips.
Last edited:
Hey, I'm a student at EVMS. I know it's really hard applying and waiting, and I've been through the process before, so I completely understand how you might feel.
However, I would recommend trying not to read too much into things. There are students in my class who didn't get invitations to preview weekend and still were admitted. And on the flip side, there are people who were invited to preview weekend who also were admitted.
It's hard to predict what happens as an applicant. I think one of the best things you can do right now if you are on the waitlist is to focus on improving your application, whether that means getting more clinical experience or improving your academic credentials. This can be something that you can update your file with, and if you don't get in, it's something that will help you with the next cycle. The most important thing I did last year was working on taking care of myself...that meant, for me, taking lots of fun weekend trips.
Thanks for the reality check. It's really hard sometimes just to remember that what is going to happen will happen and worrying about what you can't change is pointless. I've been working on improvements already and really need to take some of those fun weekends you're talking about. Get's stressful this time of year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know of any people on the wait list invited to preview weekend who were not accepted (assuming they didn't make a fool of themselves)?
Hey, I'm a student at EVMS. I know it's really hard applying and waiting, and I've been through the process before, so I completely understand how you might feel.
However, I would recommend trying not to read too much into things. There are students in my class who didn't get invitations to preview weekend and still were admitted. And on the flip side, there are people who were invited to preview weekend who also were admitted.
It's hard to predict what happens as an applicant. I think one of the best things you can do right now if you are on the waitlist is to focus on improving your application, whether that means getting more clinical experience or improving your academic credentials. This can be something that you can update your file with, and if you don't get in, it's something that will help you with the next cycle. The most important thing I did last year was working on taking care of myself...that meant, for me, taking lots of fun weekend trips.
No one has any new news about EVMS?!?! Humm, no new preview weekend invites or acceptances? ...
BUMP... 😀
I am OOS top 1/3 waitlist and got an invite to preview weekend on April 7. I will definitely be there as I just bought the air ticket to come.
I am OOS top 1/3 waitlist and got an invite to preview weekend on April 7. I will definitely be there as I just bought the air ticket to come.
hmm. did you get the note for a phone interview? i'm asking because i'm OOS top 1/3, i got the phone interview but no preview weekend...
Yes! I did get a note for a phone interview which I did in early march.hmm. did you get the note for a phone interview? i'm asking because i'm OOS top 1/3, i got the phone interview but no preview weekend...
Yes! I did get a note for a phone interview which I did in early march.
What was the point of the phone interview? Seems as if you're the only one who has received one and had a chance to do it.
The conversation with Dr. Solhaug is intended to explain to you how the waiting list works and how a specific person can improve her/his chances on it.
So how do we improve our chances on the waitlist? Updates letters? Additional rec letters?
any news? anybody get any updates from the admissions office yet or get that acceptance package?
any news? anybody get any updates from the admissions office yet or get that acceptance package?
I just yesterday received notice that I am wait listed middle 1/3 - interviewed on the last possible day, March 27.
I got an email this afternoon from the financial aid office asking me to complete some missing items on my fafsa.
I can't imagine this is a bad thing at all, right??
no... it's probably very good... call tomorrow and ask... i called this morning for a status update and got the good news. ;-)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
no... it's probably very good... call tomorrow and ask... i called this morning for a status update and got the good news. ;-)
Congrats!
Only a few more days 👍😀
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
