2008-2009 Emory Secondary Application Thread

Started by shemarty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats everyone!! It's pretty exciting huh 😀😀

I started an Emory Class of 2013 over in the Allo Class Threads forum... and it's pretty lonely.. come join the party!
 
So looks like I wont get the chance to interview at Emory. They dont send official rejections until february right?
 
So looks like I wont get the chance to interview at Emory. They dont send official rejections until february right?

because ppl who were complete after me have been getting invites, and emory seems like they have been pretty much inviting ppl in order of the complete date.

True. 🙁 Sad. My US hometown!!
 
So for those of you who interviewed at Emory, did anyone find a cheap way to get from the airport to the school?

Also, any advice on surviving the panel interview?
 
So for those of you who interviewed at Emory, did anyone find a cheap way to get from the airport to the school?

Also, any advice on surviving the panel interview?

Yeah (I went from the school to the airport.) There is a bus stop that is about a 5 min walk from the main building...you take the bus to the MARTA station (it's very obvious/looks like a major transit station) then the train takes you straight inside the airport.

I think this took less than an hour to do.

Grand total: $1.75 (the bus leg is included with the train because it's the same system)

And the panel...
Nothing to sweat at all. In fact, that has been my favorite interview so far. You get to hear other people's motivations, which also counts as little breathers for you in case you're super nervous 🙂 AND, the middle seat rocks because then they never (well not in my interview) ask you first/last...you have a little time to think/better chance that you don't feel redundant in case a question goes out to all 3 of you.

Hope this helps.
 
I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for another month :\ looks like everybody who got in so far has absolutely ridiculous stats and activities...congrats to all of you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So for those of you who interviewed at Emory, did anyone find a cheap way to get from the airport to the school?

Also, any advice on surviving the panel interview?

Yeah, the group interview really was my favorite of all! As they'll tell you soon, it's the only time you get to be a "fly on the wall" for most of a 30 minute interview. 😛
 
congrats to all who have been accepted!!!! did you guys send a letter of intent/interest?
 
congrats to all who have been accepted!!!! did you guys send a letter of intent/interest?

I was in the process of drafting one when I found out I got accepted. I talked to Erica before I left the interview and she said it's a good idea to send a LOI if you really want to be there because they really want a class that is happy/desires to be at the school.
 
hey guys - its been a while since the interview and I don't remember exactly how grading works: I know it's some manipulation of pass/fail, but how does it work exactly? Any 1st years here to commment? I couldn't find the info in my brief search through the website/brochures.

Thanks!
 
pass/fail for first two years and then something different for 3rd and 4th...don't know exact details
 
Two questions:
1. For those of you who have been invited to interview or have already been interviewed, does your status page show anything different? I have already interviewed and nothing has changed....the page says UNLESS YOU ARE INVITED FOR AN INTERVIEW, THERE IS NO STATUS OR DECISION UPDATE TO REPORT.....does that mean it should appear different after my interview?
2. When does the next round of acceptances come out? *keeping fingers crossed*

Thanks in advance!
​
 
i interviewed mid-november and my status page still says the same thing. and im pretty sure the next round of acceptances goes out around dec 23rd....
 
yea, I was complete 9/9, I'm doubting an Emory invite now as well


here's to maybe coming back home for residency then.....
 
hey guys i have my interview tomorrow and was wondering if the tour is before or after the two interviews? it's supposed to rain and i hope i dont have to deal with being soaking wet before i even get into my interview!
 
hey guys i have my interview tomorrow and was wondering if the tour is before or after the two interviews? it's supposed to rain and i hope i dont have to deal with being soaking wet before i even get into my interview!

There are two interview groups...one interviews before their tour, the other after.

It rained a little bit on my interview day, just try to bring an umbrella

Best of luck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does emory call you if you're accepted or is it only through snail mail. i'm about to leave campus and won't be back for about 3 weeks. if i do get some good news, i won't know...
 
does emory call you if you're accepted or is it only through snail mail. i'm about to leave campus and won't be back for about 3 weeks. if i do get some good news, i won't know...

and furthermore, can we call them on dec 23rd? I'll be away from home and won't be receiving the snail mail till later, and would love to know if I am accepted
 
does emory call you if you're accepted or is it only through snail mail. i'm about to leave campus and won't be back for about 3 weeks. if i do get some good news, i won't know...

I'm not sure if they would let you call before.. but I'm sure you could call and ask them to send it to your home address (or wherever you will be) if they are sending one.. :luck::luck::xf::xf::luck::luck: You guys!
 
I'm not sure if they would let you call before.. but I'm sure you could call and ask them to send it to your home address (or wherever you will be) if they are sending one.. :luck::luck::xf::xf::luck::luck: You guys!


I've been trying to get in touch with someone to let them know that I will be at my parents house. I got an automated response after sending an email about it to Ms. Eddingfield that said that she is out of the office for the holidays😕
 
I had a dream last night that I was rejected from Emory🙁...I think I'm getting nervous!!:xf::xf::luck::xf:
 
no use in calling to change address, i tried and the office is closed until jan. 5th...
 
As for calling to find out your status for the future, I tried that after the second round of acceptances, and they told me that they aren't allowed to tell over the phone. Bummer, I guess we have to rely on snail mail! Hope that everyone gets some good news within the next few days!!
 
i wonder if they are still going to mail out any acceptances on dec 23rd if the office is closed until jan 5th?
 
got snail mail packet today in the mail! postmarked December 19th. strange thing though: acceptance letter was dated November 3rd. I didn't interview until December 5th. Weird. . .

But I'm in!!
 
got snail mail packet today in the mail! postmarked December 19th. strange thing though: acceptance letter was dated November 3rd. I didn't interview until December 5th. Weird. . .

But I'm in!!


Congrats!!! Thats so exciting! This makes me nervous, though, since I'm away from my mailing address until at least the 30th. Has anyone else heard anything? :xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:
 
just a word of caution to those not at their address for the holidays:

'your signed statement of intent must be postmarked within two weeks of the date of this letter'

not trying to scare anyone, just keeping you informed
 
No packet waiting for me when I returned home today- Anyone else receive anything? I wonder if all were postmarked on the 19th- kinda disappointed...🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just a word of caution to those not at their address for the holidays:

'your signed statement of intent must be postmarked within two weeks of the date of this letter'

not trying to scare anyone, just keeping you informed


hmmm...that's awful timing. i won't be back at school until jan. 8th so if i did get something i wouldn't know. and their office is closed for the holiday's until jan. 5th.
 
I won't be by the mailbox for another few days, but I'm trying to remember how this works. Either we get accepted, rejected (or none of that until March?), or we don't hear anything? Sorry, can't keep this all straight! Hang in there everyone, and happy holidays!:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:
 
i'm pretty sure it's either accepted or put on hold until the next month's review.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.