2008-2009 Georgetown Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else hear post interview this week?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm at 10 weeks as of today (10/29 interview) and I haven't heard a thing. :(

7 Weeks tomm! I am on the edge of my seat.

Georgetown was great!

I hope everyone had a nice holiday break! I start classes again on monday. :/

Members don't see this ad :)
9 weeks tomorrow and nothing! Actually starting to get a little annoyed

That seems abnormally long. I interview 10/27 and I heard back Mid December..

It's probably because of the holidays. Stuff probably grinds to a halt around mid December.

Apparently my letter was mailed out on Monday though. I hope it's good news.

received letter today...CAP

Received letter today....CAP'd...F my life! I love how interviewers give you false hope by saying things like "I really hope you will come here." I guess I will jump through yet another hoop.

Received letter today....CAP'd...F my life! I love how interviewers give you false hope by saying things like "I really hope you will come here." I guess I will jump through yet another hoop.

Stick with it! If you want to be there you will! I just praying for anything but a rejection

It's probably because of the holidays. Stuff probably grinds to a halt around mid December.

Apparently my letter was mailed out on Monday though. I hope it's good news.

How do you know that? Did you call them?

Anyone know when the waitlist will start moving?

so to all you people that interviewed at Georgetown (i interviewed in 1/5): why would you attend this school over your state school that is most likely WAY cheaper...

I personally loved it, and may not even get in, but by the time i hear (prob in March) its getting to be close to decision making time and I just want to hear other's opinions...

why i loved it: the location, the hospital, the philosophy, the people, the clinical experience I will receive there...anything else??

Hello friends,

Georgetown ACCEPTANCE Today !!!!!!!!!!! :soexcited:I'm going to go out in Georgetown tonight to celebrate :laugh:.

Members don't see this ad :)
so to all you people that interviewed at Georgetown (i interviewed in 1/5): why would you attend this school over your state school that is most likely WAY cheaper...

I personally loved it, and may not even get in, but by the time i hear (prob in March) its getting to be close to decision making time and I just want to hear other's opinions...

why i loved it: the location, the hospital, the philosophy, the people, the clinical experience I will receive there...anything else??

I think the undergrad campus is a nice setting. Also, their other professional schools are really good too (plus the ugrad), so there will be lots of diverse, interesting people to meet. I also like how they offer classes like "literature and medicine," etc. I have a state school accept (and its a good one), but am still considering Gtown for these reasons and the ones you mentioned.

LOTS of people get in off the CAP. write a killer letter right away and continue to follow up to show interest. they love that stuff.

Last cycle I got CAPed and ended up getting in in June. But had already made other plans.

Looks like they are having a Georgetown Second Look Day on Friday, February 20th! :thumbup: I just got the email invite.

Maybe I'll see some of you other SDNers there. :)

I'm really looking forward to getting a better sense of the school.

Looks like they are having a Georgetown Second Look Day on Friday, February 20th! :thumbup: I just got the email invite.

Maybe I'll see some of you other SDNers there. :)

I'm really looking forward to getting a better sense of the school.

I just got that email "dear accepted applicants" ...

But I haven't heard back from Georgetown after my interview yet. Maybe there's something in my mailbox? or maybe it was an accidental mailing. I guess we'll see when I get home. lol

But I haven't heard back from Georgetown after my interview yet. Maybe there's something in my mailbox? or maybe it was an accidental mailing. I guess we'll see when I get home. lol

Sounds like you could be getting some good new. :D

Yeah - I got the same email without getting an acceptance email..do they only accept via snail mail? I haven't checked my mailbox in a while..

By the way - does Georgetown pay for second look visits (ie flight, hotel, etc.)?

Yeah - I got the same email without getting an acceptance email..do they only accept via snail mail? I haven't checked my mailbox in a while..

By the way - does Georgetown pay for second look visits (ie flight, hotel, etc.)?

Pretty sure Georgetown is old school like that. Check your mail man...it's not THAT hard :D

and congrats on all your success so far :thumbup:

haha..i know, but I'm at work right now, so it will have to wait until later tonight.. Cool--Gtown acceptance!!!

and thanks CRB!

Last edited:

Could some one verify that only accepted applicants got the 2nd look e-mail. I haven't gotten my letter yet and don't live at my contact address so i cannot check if i got the letter and my family is out of town. Did anyone CAP'd or awaiting a letter get this e-mail?

Could some one verify that only accepted applicants got the 2nd look e-mail. I haven't gotten my letter yet and don't live at my contact address so i cannot check if i got the letter and my family is out of town. Did anyone CAP'd or awaiting a letter get this e-mail?

Interviewed 11/20. Havent heard anything yet. No magical email either. When did you interview?

good luck to everyone... I am so nervous about my decision.

Interviewed 11/20. Havent heard anything yet. No magical email either. When did you interview?

good luck to everyone... I am so nervous about my decision.

11/11 so i'm right at decision time for my app.

They only officially accept by snail mail and I'm pretty sure that only accepted applicants are invited to Second Look (at least that's what I gather from the intro to the invite email "Dear Accepted Applicants," ...)

So if you got the email, I'm fairly certain you are accepted and probably just haven't gotten the letter in the mail yet. Just so you know, it's a surprisingly thin envelope, too! I would have thought it was a waitlist/rejection if I hadn't already known. I found out ahead of my letter coming because my interviewer called me and then the dean of admissions called randomly this morning too. I guess they are a little out of synch!

11/11 so i'm right at decision time for my app.

I guess it take some applications longer to get through the ADCOM. Any truth to that or do all interviews that happen on the same day get an awnser the same day?

I guess it take some applications longer to get through the ADCOM. Any truth to that or do all interviews that happen on the same day get an awnser the same day?

I hadn't heard that, but i would imagine that is they decide all at once, it only makes sense, since such few people interview in one day. I had maybe 8-10 people with me. I don't think any one decision would be so difficult they needed to delay making a choice on their file.

If you were, say, on 11/20, i would wait at least another week to hear something. I recall Donna Sullivan telling us to e-mail or call her personally if they break the 8 week mark to get your decision ASAP. Take her up on it if you feel so bold.

I hadn't heard that, but i would imagine that is they decide all at once, it only makes sense, since such few people interview in one day. I had maybe 8-10 people with me. I don't think any one decision would be so difficult they needed to delay making a choice on their file.

If you were, say, on 11/20, i would wait at least another week to hear something. I recall Donna Sullivan telling us to e-mail or call her personally if they break the 8 week mark to get your decision ASAP. Take her up on it if you feel so bold.

Well, I am sure they are behind with the holidays. Tomm is 8 weeks exactly since my interview. Maybe something special will happen. Probably not tho, LOL. Good luck to you! I am sure you will be hearing any day now

Wait? I just realized you MD apps says you were accepted. When did you find out?

Well, I am sure they are behind with the holidays. Tomm is 8 weeks exactly since my interview. Maybe something special will happen. Probably not tho, LOL. Good luck to you! I am sure you will be hearing any day now

Wait? I just realized you MD apps says you were accepted. When did you find out?

Well..... I haven't technically been accepted yet. But i am operating under the assumption that the 2nd look weekend e-mail to me saying "Dear Accepted Applicants" means i got in and my snail mail letter is on its way. Hopefully that is right. I will call the admissions office tomm. to see whats up. Good luck to you man.

And i got the CBC e-mail this morning.

Me too.

I called admissions and they said, "a letter was sent out on monday, you can infer anything you want about the emails."

When I asked about the CBC, they said they do send, and have sent the CBC to a few students on the waitlist.

What a tease, I live really close to Gtown...mail gets here pretty quick from DC.

Dakker, I'm in the same situation as you. I got the emails yesterday and today, but no letter yet. I'm right at decision time as well since I interviewed 11/7. I checked their website and it says only accepted applicants are given bckgrd checks. That, combined with the "Dear Accepted Applicants" from yesterday seems to be overwhelming evidence. It looks like we're actually accepted. Congrats!

Stixman, I would guess that the few waitlisters who got it are right at the top of the waitlist and will almost assuredly get accepted.

This is kinda stupid.....

I also got the CBC email..but I had already gotten a similar email a few months ago and already gone to Certiphi and completed the background check..I assume that doing this once is sufficient for all schools, right?

It looks like it will be a CAP for me... I called today and they said a letter is getting sent this week, but I haven't received any of the stuff you all have been talking about like the CBC email or a second look email. I'll still cross my fingers though.

They're taking people in off the waitlist now?

ya they are. i was accepted from the CAP in december. i got the CBC email about a week before my acceptance letter arrived. hope that helps.

I got the call this morning I got in. This was a good day. :)

I also got the re-visit email, but nothing in the mail yet. And no phone calls. I guess another few days of waiting is nothing compared with how long this whole process takes. Gooooood times. Fingers crossed.

^
You're in. How can you not understand that?

Has anybody that interview November 20th or later heard anything yet, or gotten any of these emails that hint of an acceptance?

i'm an international (canadian applicant) and i was complete at gtown dec.22....lol...yeah really took my sweet time.

does anyone know if at this time they'd be running out of interview invites?? since many of you are already getting acceptance letters...

thanks

I received a rejection today...not even a CAP, just a rejection...I'm really shocked and sad. I liked Georgetown.

I interviewed November 18, and the letter was postmarked January 15. Good luck to you guys- hope you get better news than me!

Status
Not open for further replies.