-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 UCLA/Drew Secondary Application Thread
Started by BlackDr2b
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I am super geeked up right now. I just got the secondary for Drew!!!! 😀😀😀 I just knew that I was going to get screened out by UCLA but I didn't! Thank you Jesus! Now it is time to get to work on it! Anybody else get it today?
I'm really jealous! I hope I get one too; I just added Drew a few weeks ago. If you don't mind, could you please post the 2ndary questions/letter requirement. Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
woaaa secondaries are out? anyone else get one?
I am super geeked up right now. I just got the secondary for Drew!!!! 😀😀😀 I just knew that I was going to get screened out by UCLA but I didn't! Thank you Jesus! Now it is time to get to work on it! Anybody else get it today?
Does this secondary have any essays?
Does this secondary have any essays?
It has 11 short essays. But when I say short, I mean short. They are only 600 characters and they want you to put them in bullet form and not essay. Its not too bad. I hand delivered mine on wednesday morning. I like Drew a whole lot! We shall see. Anybody else with some news?
YEEEAAAHHHHH BUDDDYYYY!!!I am super geeked up right now. I just got the secondary for Drew!!!! 😀😀😀 I just knew that I was going to get screened out by UCLA but I didn't! Thank you Jesus! Now it is time to get to work on it! Anybody else get it today?
That's what I'm talking about man!!! Congrats big time homie!
YEEEAAAHHHHH BUDDDYYYY!!!
That's what I'm talking about man!!! Congrats big time homie!
anyone know if Prime is out yet?
YEEEAAAHHHHH BUDDDYYYY!!!
That's what I'm talking about man!!! Congrats big time homie!
Thanks Flaahless! I was really juiced when I got it! I actually went and hand delivered it to them last week. I really like Drew. God is AWESOME!!!
anyone know if Prime is out yet?
I got an email from them a long time ago saying they received my amcas and that they would start screening apps in the beginning of september. So I am guessing we should hear from them in the next couple of weeks or so. God bless!
Has anybody else on SDN received the Drew secondary?
I haven't, I was wondering the same thing : )
Bison! I never knew this! CONGRATS! I'm glad I ran into this thread, or I would have never known.Im guessing I was in the first batch of secondaries. I believe only a few people got the first batch. Im sure yours is coming shortly. Let us know when you get it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bison! I never knew this! CONGRATS! I'm glad I ran into this thread, or I would have never known.
Thanks Berk!!! I thought I told you, my bad! I was extremely fired up when I got it cuz I just knew UCLA wasn't going to let me thru! But God is good and He made it happen for me. I literally live right down the street from Drew and my Great Grandmother was HUGE in Drew's community. We shall see what happens. Did you apply to Drew?
That's great! I'm so happy for you! I did not apply to Drew, probably because I don't stand a chance....but I'll keep checking this thread for your updates. That's amazing that you were in the first batch!
YEEEAAAHHHHH BUDDDYYYY!!!
everybody wanna be a body builder, aint nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight!!!!!!!
everybody wanna be a body builder, aint nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight!!!!!!!
uh? 😕
uh? 😕
dont worry about it bro
congrats on drew, hopefully everything goes well. UCLA is awesome!!dont worry about it brocongrats on drew, hopefully everything goes well. UCLA is awesome!!
Appreciate it bro. Must have been an inside thing! LOL
Hey has anyone seen a UCLA PRIME secondary yet? The automatically generated email I got when I got verified said it would be "early September".
Thanks!
Thanks!
I just got the secondary for DREW, absolutely unbelievable!!! This school is my #1 choice because of how much work they do with the community.
Congrats Asakkings!!! I was juiced too! I really like Drew as well. It really jumped up on my list when I went to Drew to drop off my secondary. It felt really good there. What city are you in?
does drew have the same pass fail grading as geffen?
I would imagine so since as a Drew student you would be taking the first 2 yrs at Geffen. But I don't know for sure.
I got this secondary awhile back too.. does anyone know about their match list? I read that people predominantly go into primary care, but I want to specialize. Is this unlikely if I got here?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey could someone post this year's Drew prompts, or is it up somewhere else? Thanks! 🙂
Hey could someone post this year's Drew prompts, or is it up somewhere else? Thanks! 🙂
If you noticed in the thread, somebody asked Blackdr2be to post the prompts on 8/21/08 but apparently he hasn't been in a sharing mood.
If you noticed in the thread, somebody asked Blackdr2be to post the prompts on 8/21/08 but apparently he hasn't been in a sharing mood.
It's not that I dont want to share, I just haven't been able to cuz my internet at home is down. I am at work posting right now. When I get the chance I will.
1. Have you experienced any uneven performance in grades and academic achievement? If so please explain. (Response limited to 600 characters)
2. If you are currently not a full time student please describe your current activities. (Response limited to 600 characters, please use bullets and numbering)
3. Describe the role you play in your immediate family. (Response limited to 600 characters, please use bullets and numbering)
4. Describe your community and socioeconomic environment? (Response limited to 600 characters, please use bullets and numbering)
5. Describe how your experience, the community where you live and your family background impact your understanding of the underserved communities? (Response limited to 600 characters, please use bullets and numbering)
6. Other than healthcare access, what are some of the most important health care issues confronting underserved communities? How would you address them? (Response limited to 600 characters, please use bullets and numbering)
7. Please describe how your experiences and personal attributes contribute to the mission of Charles Drew University? (Response limited to 600 characters, please use bullets and numbering)
8. In the remaining space, provide any additional information which will give the Admissions Committee greater insight about you as an applicant. (Response limited to 600 characters)
2. If you are currently not a full time student please describe your current activities. (Response limited to 600 characters, please use bullets and numbering)
3. Describe the role you play in your immediate family. (Response limited to 600 characters, please use bullets and numbering)
4. Describe your community and socioeconomic environment? (Response limited to 600 characters, please use bullets and numbering)
5. Describe how your experience, the community where you live and your family background impact your understanding of the underserved communities? (Response limited to 600 characters, please use bullets and numbering)
6. Other than healthcare access, what are some of the most important health care issues confronting underserved communities? How would you address them? (Response limited to 600 characters, please use bullets and numbering)
7. Please describe how your experiences and personal attributes contribute to the mission of Charles Drew University? (Response limited to 600 characters, please use bullets and numbering)
8. In the remaining space, provide any additional information which will give the Admissions Committee greater insight about you as an applicant. (Response limited to 600 characters)
Has anybody received a secondary application within the last two weeks and has Drew granted any interviews as of yet?
-Thanks
I don't think they started inviting for interviews yet. I was told today that my file would be going to committee maybe by the end of the week. Have you gotten a secondary yet?
I received an interview last year, however I still have not received a secondary this year and my application was complete in August. I was just wondering if they send out the secondaries in batches or not. Do you know how many secondaries they give out?
I haven't heard anything lately. When I called I spoke to Sandy who is the admissions manager. She told me that my file should have went to the adcom on friday but I don't know. I would say call Sandy and ask her. PM me if you want the number because my wife works at Drew and I know the direct line to her. Here's to some good news this week! God bless!
I have sent e-mails regarding my status, yet I never receive a response. I have also left a message for them, still no response. Does anybody know what is going on with secondaries or interviews? Thanks for the offer to call the special # you have blckdr2b, but I don't want to call them and seem annoying. If anybody has any news I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an invitation for an interview for Drew a week ago... so they've definitely begun sending those out. My date is for Nov. 15th.. a Saturday!!! I love them!!😀... they sent the interview email with a batch of 2 others... the emails weren't hidden either... odd? Good luck guys!
I got an invitation for an interview for Drew a week ago... so they've definitely begun sending those out. My date is for Nov. 15th.. a Saturday!!! I love them!!😀... they sent the interview email with a batch of 2 others... the emails weren't hidden either... odd? Good luck guys!
Did they offer you that date, or can you request a Saturday?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.