You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Vanderbilt Secondary Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
The only thing keeping me sane right now is knowing that no one else got a call today.
I hope.
Don't ruin it for me.
You got my hopes/fears up man..I definitely thought you were announcing an acceptance.
What the hell is wrong with you, army! You scared the hell out of me...I thought people got calls!The only thing keeping me sane right now is knowing that no one else got a call today.
I hope.
Don't ruin it for me.
Haha I feel better knowing that no one else got a call, too...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't do it to me and I won't do it to you.You got my hopes/fears up man..I definitely thought you were announcing an acceptance.
Ohh good, it wasn't just me. Do you realize what we just did? We keep bumping it and scaring everyone else.You got my hopes/fears up man..I definitely thought you were announcing an acceptance.
well, either no one got a call or they're too busy celebrating their fortune/our misfortune.What the hell is wrong with you, army! You scared the hell out of me...I thought people got calls!
Haha I feel better knowing that no one else got a call, too...
I hope that's not it. I would like serikk or shemarty to say they didn't get a call...those two are practically guaranteed an acceptance.
I called Judy earlier today and told her I interviewed in early Sept. She said I should expect a decision in 2-3 weeks. That can't be true, can it?
Yay Vandy!
on or around the 15th of next month, I'd guess.I called Judy earlier today and told her I interviewed in early Sept. She said I should expect a decision in 2-3 weeks. That can't be true, can it?
you got a call or are you just saying "yay Vandy!" ???
you got a call or are you just saying "yay Vandy!" ???
Just saying... In case the adcoms are reading these threads...
If I had gotten the call, There would be dancing monkeys on this post...
I really do not want to read my genetics paper...
haha ok. I figured if you got the acceptance, you would be a little more excited. 😛 I guess it's over for today.Just saying... In case the adcoms are reading these threads...
If I had gotten the call, There would be dancing monkeys on this post...
I really do not want to read my genetics paper...
Really?! Why is that?on or around the 15th of next month, I'd guess.
My phone started buzzing and I thought, Oh my God it's Vandy...😱
Turns out it was just junk email...😡
Turns out it was just junk email...😡
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well I was just thinking, if they aren't going to give you a decision this month it would be about a month from now, since they're only doing it once a month. I suppose it could be possible that they're giving their first acceptances around the beginning of November instead of this week.Really?! Why is that?
Ohh I see what you're saying. I wish they made it more clear on our interview day!well I was just thinking, if they aren't going to give you a decision this month it would be about a month from now, since they're only doing it once a month. I suppose it could be possible that they're giving their first acceptances around the beginning of November instead of this week.
Ok, this is my general whine/complaint about most adcoms.
WHY oh WHY can't they be more transparent? Obviously they have some kind of system, a number of files they go over at each meeting, a specific meeting date, a time when they're supposed to be done. So why can't they just share the information? Wouldn't it be in their best interest to have slightly less neurotic, less obsessively-calling applicants?
Example, UCSD. They not only told us when they're meeting, but at what meeting our own files will be discussed, at what time they'll be done, and the dean gave us his phone number so we can call him and get an answer right away instead of having to wait for his call or the mail.
Is that really so hard? Wouldn't it be better for the schools to have a transparent system? Must we really be this antsy and confused? Blah.
P.S.- DEAR Vandy AdCom. If you're reading this...I love you. Really. I don't care what you do. Please let me in.
WHY oh WHY can't they be more transparent? Obviously they have some kind of system, a number of files they go over at each meeting, a specific meeting date, a time when they're supposed to be done. So why can't they just share the information? Wouldn't it be in their best interest to have slightly less neurotic, less obsessively-calling applicants?
Example, UCSD. They not only told us when they're meeting, but at what meeting our own files will be discussed, at what time they'll be done, and the dean gave us his phone number so we can call him and get an answer right away instead of having to wait for his call or the mail.
Is that really so hard? Wouldn't it be better for the schools to have a transparent system? Must we really be this antsy and confused? Blah.
P.S.- DEAR Vandy AdCom. If you're reading this...I love you. Really. I don't care what you do. Please let me in.
Wow!!! Congratulations!!! You're doing amazing, zpiff...but now I'm really really scaredI JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!!!! I can't barely type right now. Wow!!! I am ecstatic. Good luck to you all!!!!
🙁Edit: I don't know why I thought you were vadd0...but still, congrats!!!
Last edited:
Amazing...congrats! Are you all getting these calls right now?got vandy call!!! am on cloud nine!!!
![]()
that's kinda late to be calling isn't it?
Holy mother of god im in.
Omg
omg omgomg
have they lost their minds???!???!!?!?!?
Omg
omg omgomg
have they lost their minds???!???!!?!?!?
Holy mother of god im in.
Omg
omg omgomg
have they lost their minds???!???!!?!?!?
hey CONGRATULATIONS LET YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
hahahahah CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You deserve it more than anyone else!Holy mother of god im in.
Omg
omg omgomg
have they lost their minds???!???!!?!?!?
But somebody please tell me, is the dean calling right now? So, no phone call = waitlist? 🙁
i got the call! YAY so happy right now
lol guess they be calling late. checked a thread from last year and some people got called at 11:30 PM!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've lost hope 🙁 :cry:
I've lost hope 🙁 :cry:
berken... :[
hershey09, when did you interview at Vandy?
Congrats!
Thanks! I interviewed third week of August on one of the first interview dates. They told us at the info session that we'd hear by the end of this week.
Hey!!! Omg thanks birdie (and amph, although we're talking on AIM right now)!!!!
Yes, the dean is calling right now. My phone actually didnt ring, I just got the voicemail, and apparently I'm getting the official thing in the mail soonish although I was no longer listening after he said he wanted to invite me to the Vandy class of 2013 so i have no idea what he said.
Anyways, I need to breathe. I stopped doing that for a while. Thanks so much for the faith guys!
Yes, the dean is calling right now. My phone actually didnt ring, I just got the voicemail, and apparently I'm getting the official thing in the mail soonish although I was no longer listening after he said he wanted to invite me to the Vandy class of 2013 so i have no idea what he said.
Anyways, I need to breathe. I stopped doing that for a while. Thanks so much for the faith guys!
Do you guys think the phone calls stopped?
I wonder what the interview cut-off date for decisions tonight was. Any ideas?
I interviewed on 9/22 and was also told to expect something now-ish. My phone's not ringing... 🙁
9/9 here. And no ringing phone either 🙁I interviewed on 9/22 and was also told to expect something now-ish. My phone's not ringing... 🙁
hey!!! Omg thanks birdie (and amph, although we're talking on aim right now)!!!!
Yes, the dean is calling right now. My phone actually didnt ring, i just got the voicemail, and apparently i'm getting the official thing in the mail soonish although i was no longer listening after he said he wanted to invite me to the vandy class of 2013 so i have no idea what he said.
Anyways, i need to breathe. I stopped doing that for a while. Thanks so much for the faith guys!
Congrats LET!
I've lost hope 🙁 :cry:
You'll get the call just wait...
I interviewed on 9/22 and was also told to expect something now-ish. My phone's not ringing... 🙁
I interviewed on 9/18, and they told us to wait 6 weeks... which makes it around Halloween time... Hey that is not fair that you guys go before us...
I think the calls stopped...it's over 🙁
I wish serikk were here. He would know if our interview group got any decisions.
I wish serikk were here. He would know if our interview group got any decisions.
I interviewed on 9/19 and no ring yet....
I like how they waited after the debate to call people though, shows class.
Also, for those of you who got in, is there an update on your status page?
Congrats to all...great school...even has me considering writing a letter of intent if I get waitlisted.
I like how they waited after the debate to call people though, shows class.
Also, for those of you who got in, is there an update on your status page?
Congrats to all...great school...even has me considering writing a letter of intent if I get waitlisted.
I called Judy earlier today and told her I interviewed in early Sept. She said I should expect a decision in 2-3 weeks. That can't be true, can it?
I've lost hope 🙁 :cry:
Maybe you should just listen to Judy and relax.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well...Judy was just counting 8 weeks from my interview day. Using that, only people who interviewed on Aug 15 would be receiving decisions right now.Maybe you should just listen to Judy and relax.
I interviewed 8/25... and haven't gotten a call.
Congrats to you guys that got a call. I'm going to go to sleep since I have a 6 AM flight tomorrow morning.
Congrats to you guys that got a call. I'm going to go to sleep since I have a 6 AM flight tomorrow morning.
I also have a flight at 6...we really should go to sleep. Hopefully, this isn't as bad as we think 🙁I interviewed 8/25... and haven't gotten a call.
Congrats to you guys that got a call. I'm going to go to sleep since I have a 6 AM flight tomorrow morning.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
