2008-2009 Wake Forest University Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
same here, now complete at wake

Members don't see this ad.

I got the same "waiting for MCAT" email. I emailed them and they took the notification away. I am assuming that I was then placed at the bottom of the pile because it then took them a week to send me an email telling me that I had three weeks to confirm that I will be about to complete my graduate certificate before matriculation in 2009. One day after I had my graduate school advisor send them an email confirming this, I received the "you will be receiving a secondary" email. That was almost two weeks ago and I still have not received the secondary. Add all of this to the terrible website, and you have one unorganized admissions committee/ web developer. But at least I will be getting a secondary at some point in time.

rplyler -- to whom did you have your advisor send the letter? I just got mine today. Thank goodness my advisor is in touch with me this summer!

Members don't see this ad :)
Crap. I'm getting the ax..."You will be receiving notification of your status by email."

What part of that is indicative of a rejection?

Apparently, your status first says that you're under review. After that you either get something along the lines of "you'll be receiving our secondary application in the next two weeks" or "you'll be getting an email".

rplyler -- to whom did you have your advisor send the letter? I just got mine today. Thank goodness my advisor is in touch with me this summer!

I had her send an email to the general AdCom email: [email protected] However every time I have sent them an email, I have received a response from Irene Tise. Therefore you could probably have your advisor send the email to the aforementioned general email address but have it addressed to Irene. It was like 4 hours after the email was sent, that my advisor received a return email saying that everything was taken care of. Then I think that the next day that I passed the screening. I assumed that they would only be having you verify your graduate school education if they were interested in extending a secondary to you. Good luck!!!

also complete, yeeee haawwww

I had her send an email to the general AdCom email: [email protected] However every time I have sent them an email, I have received a response from Irene Tise. Therefore you could probably have your advisor send the email to the aforementioned general email address but have it addressed to Irene. It was like 4 hours after the email was sent, that my advisor received a return email saying that everything was taken care of. Then I think that the next day that I passed the screening. I assumed that they would only be having you verify your graduate school education if they were interested in extending a secondary to you. Good luck!!!

Here's to hoping! Thank you so much :) I really appreciate your help. I hope my advisor manages to get back to WFU quickly, too.

EDIT: You know, I almost did the Master of Health Science program at Hopkins, rplyler. What a coincidence! Unfortunately, even with a scholarship, I didn't have the $$ to go :(. But anyway, great to see another applicant with a grad degree and perhaps similar interests!

how tough is their screen?

i still havent gotten the wake secondary...but i didn't get my mcat scores until july 15...so i'm hoping that i haven't been screened!!!

Hey all,
I just got my secondary today from Wake Forest (yay!), and the app looks straightforward enough - however, about LORs, do we have to use their forms or can we send them from VirtualEvals/Interfolio (which I've been using for my other schools, since all of the profs are in places where it takes me a while to reach them?)
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,
I just got my secondary today from Wake Forest (yay!), and the app looks straightforward enough - however, about LORs, do we have to use their forms or can we send them from VirtualEvals/Interfolio (which I've been using for my other schools, since all of the profs are in places where it takes me a while to reach them?)
Thanks!

Wake Forest will accept VE. That's how I sent mine, and I got the complete email this morning.

Do you have to wait for an email in order to check your status at WF? If not, where do you get the login information (i.e. EmplID and application number)? Thanks!

How long did it take for you guys to hear from WF?? I was verified on July 18 and I haven't heard anything yet. I was just wondering how long I should expect to wait. Thanks!

Did anyone take the June 13th MCAT? And if so, are you still on hold? (Like I am.)

I took the June 13th MCAT, I got an email on July 15th that said they were waiting on my MCAT scores and I haven't heard anything since then. So I can't log on to see my status.

How long did it take for you guys to hear from WF?? I was verified on July 18 and I haven't heard anything yet. I was just wondering how long I should expect to wait. Thanks!

Verified 7/17,. havent heard a peep from them (not even a your app is udner review email)

I took the June 13th MCAT, I got an email on July 15th that said they were waiting on my MCAT scores and I haven't heard anything since then. So I can't log on to see my status.

I got that email on July 14th
... after getting an email on July 7th with a link to check my status (though they said they would contact me when further information was required).
So I can check my status, but it still says my application is on hold until receipt of MCAT scores.

Very confusing.

My application has been reviewed and I'm waiting to for an interview offer. Anybody else?

My application has been reviewed and I'm waiting to for an interview offer. Anybody else?

Do you mean that you are complete and waiting to see if you are offered an interview? Or, that your status has changed to say you will be receiving an interview offer or something?

How the hell can they manage to review people in 3 weeks if they cant even manage to send a receipt of application notification via email in 2 weeks?

Do you mean that you are complete and waiting to see if you are offered an interview? Or, that your status has changed to say you will be receiving an interview offer or something?

No I have not been told that I will be receiving and interview. I'm waiting for an offer...geesh...stop being so paranoid take it for what I said...Naw j/k...I'm about to be the same way as soon as Monday comes...I wish I had been told I would get an interview though...don't they usually call or e-mail?

I got that email on July 14th
... after getting an email on July 7th with a link to check my status (though they said they would contact me when further information was required).
So I can check my status, but it still says my application is on hold until receipt of MCAT scores.

Very confusing.

I took the May 10th MCAT and the same thing happened to me. I emailed the admissions office and told them that all of my MCAT scores were received and they should not be waiting on any additional scores. They then confirmed that this was correct, took me off of hold, and review my app.

Does anyone know how important the evaluation grid for LOR writers is? I'm complete at Wake, though my writers haven't sent in the form.

"Your primary application from AMCAS has been received. It is being evaluated and you will be sent an e-mail notification of your status within 1-2 weeks."

rejection?

"Your primary application from AMCAS has been received. It is being evaluated and you will be sent an e-mail notification of your status within 1-2 weeks."

rejection?
I dont think so...if it was a rejection it would say something like " a decision has been made and you will be notified...."

How do you guys check your status?! I have never gotten a link or anything to this. I already filled out the secondary and sent in the form last monday along with my electronic letters... could somebody please post a link? Thanks!

How do you guys check your status?! I have never gotten a link or anything to this. I already filled out the secondary and sent in the form last monday along with my electronic letters... could somebody please post a link? Thanks!
go to wakes website and search 'applicant portal

I just got an e-mail from Wake today (I was verified on July 18) that my AMCAS app had been received and that the office would contact me when further information was needed. It gave me some log in stuff, so I checked it out and this is what it said...

Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail. Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches.

I'm kind of confused though because this is the first e-mail I had gotten from them and it said nothing about them extending me a secondary invite. Will they e-mail me again when the secondary is available or am I supposed to check the site like everyday to see if it's up??

They'll shoot you an email

I took the June 13th MCAT and I'm now under review rather than waiting for scores.

tried for like half an hour... cannot get this damn status page to load.

Does anyone know how hard they prescreen?

takes me around 5 mins to work everytime. wait like 40 secs then refresh... and keep repeating lol

I had a really hard time getting in too (no 5 minute victory), so I decided to just leave the page with the status link up. I only reboot my computer about once/wk, so at least I can check in throughout the week without having to deal with that frustration.

hey so just in case some of u are thinking that u are being rejected because the page says youre gonna get a status update in 1-2 weeks, mine said that too but then it changed since im taking my mcat again on august 5th to a message about how my application is being placed on hold until they get my mcat score. So dont freak out yet!

For those who have completed the secondary, was there a character limit or are the sentence #s a guideline only with no hard enforcement? I ask because some of my sentences can be a tad on the long side compared to an average sentence.

I took the June 13th MCAT and I'm now under review rather than waiting for scores.

Status page isn't loading, so I can't check if my status has changed like yours. :(

I'm trying to work on the questions anyway...

Anyone have advice?
I only have one medical "service" activity listed on AMCAS (I stupidly did not list things I did as an undergrad), so is that what I'm restricted to for both parts of Q1? I also listed a paid position, but there was little clinical contact involved in that, so it wouldn't fall under "service," right? :confused: What about "service" experiences that weren't medical?

Argh.

Last edited:
Woo! Was finally able to log in, and will be receiving the secondary by email!

they gave out about 500 interviews last year, so depending on how tough they screen for secondaries, I could answer that question.

I cannot recall the school, but from my memory they gave around 2,000 secondaries....so if this is the mean for schools that screen, maybe 25%......

Based on two 3-5 sentence questions? Seriously? That's insanity. Unless the primary screening is just a quick and dirty one?

Status
Not open for further replies.