Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone waiting on a complete email for over a month? i got the secondary received email a while back, but nothing after that.
I submitted on July 4, and was marked complete on August 14. It takes awhile.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
anyone waiting on a complete email for over a month? i got the secondary received email a while back, but nothing after that.
Didn't you hear? Johns Hopkins is on a mission to deliver a more "personalized" medical education and will shrink it's class size to 2. SDN has gotten one of the two interviews.only one interview on SDN lol?
Didn't you hear? Johns Hopkins is on a mission to deliver a more "personalized" medical education and will shrink it's class size to 2. SDN has gotten one of the two interviews.
I guess it got both of them then, because I just got an invitation!
I dunno if I would want that personalized of a medical experience 🙂

Just to clarify a bit more on the competitiveness and apparent 'cut-throat-ness' that Hopkins is infamous more, I should add that it is nothing like this here. I have been here for about 4 years now, first as an undergrad and then as a Master's student in the most competitive major around. I agree there are people who are sorta secretive and keep to themselves but they are just a minority and I am sure they exist at other schools too.
From my personal experience, people are willing to help you, people in the labs are always willing to mentor younger students and collaboration is highly encouraged in every field right from social events to academics. That being said, Life in Baltimore is what you make of it. If you have a good circle of friends, I see no problem being happy here.
I am now applying to med schools and Hopkins is certainly one of my top choices to go to. Also, they are not all about stats - Some of my friends have gotten interviews and acceptances to JHU without 3.7's or higher but really strong experiences so no one should feel worried about applying here with a 3.4-3.5 and 32+ MCAT.
Let me know if you guys have any other questions about the research, student life, etc. I'll be more than happy to answer. 🙂
MarinaS, is that picture of you? if so, you look like megan fox...wow!
I just printed my pdf application but only now noticed that it says "Please be sure to submit your application before printing the pdf."
Does it actually make a different if I printed before and will my print-outs look different once I submit?
Yeah it does. After you submit, the app automatically puts in your signature and your chosen method of payment into the hard-copy secondary. If you don't submit before printing, then you have to hand sign the secondary and the place where you indicate what method of payment you used is cut off because of the formatting. This means they can tell if you followed their directions or not.
Yeah it does. After you submit, the app automatically puts in your signature and your chosen method of payment into the hard-copy secondary. If you don't submit before printing, then you have to hand sign the secondary and the place where you indicate what method of payment you used is cut off because of the formatting. This means they can tell if you followed their directions or not.
MarinaS, is that picture of you? if so, you look like megan fox...wow!
The new part of the hospital they are building is absolutely insane. I walk by it everyday going to work and just stare up at the stained glass windows in awe. I cant see them losing their number one hospital ranking anytime in the near future with that baby up and running.
Have you ever been bungee jumping?? It looks like so much fun but I would totally have to be peer pressured into it!
See I think skydiving would be easier to stomach than bungee jumping. When you are bungee jumping off a bridge or cliff or whatever, the bottom is very real. When you are floating 5,10, 20,000 feet in the air I dont think that would seem as menacing 🙂
I cant say that in my time at Baltimore that I have ever really investigated local bungee jumping opportunities!!
how lenient are they on reschedules?? I got an invite for sept 17th (i'm still in shock) but i have an interview already on the 18th. they said they only do interviews on thursday and fridays. if thats the case, i have to schedule either oct 9th or oct 23rd because i literally have an interview every friday in october and on sept 25th.
i'm sure they will be okay with it. just ask politely and see what they say
how lenient are they on reschedules?? I got an invite for sept 17th (i'm still in shock) but i have an interview already on the 18th. they said they only do interviews on thursday and fridays. if thats the case, i have to schedule either oct 9th or oct 23rd because i literally have an interview every friday in october and on sept 25th.
Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am ecstatic! First interview at JHM!!!!!!


I got mine yesterday (Friday)... but who knows? ive heard of like case sending out invites at like 8pm est
these invites came out on a saturday?
Technically, yes, but it was an amusement park "ride", so... No. I think it would be awesome to do! Since you got an interview, you could do it any day now! 😉 And... Acceptance and I will go skydiving! (Youtube video will be posted as evidence).
I want a youtube vid proving that's actually you. I suppose it's possible Megan Fox wants to go to medical school. there would be no need for defib. - her presence could raise a coding patient
Im sure she would be in pretty high demand, especially at Hopkins, due to her practical "experience" fighting Alien Robots. The streets of Baltimore can get awfully roudy, so she may know how to calm them best. This would reduce all those messy gun-shot wounds that wind up in the ER.
grrrrr..... I have still yet to receive a complete email from them. I received the secondary received a while back in late july... It looks like they forgot about me 🙁

Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.