2009-2010 New York Medical College Application Thread

Started by shemarty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How did the phone call go?
EDIT: oh oops, wrong thread.

they said we would have disregarded it anyway!

so i decided not to call other schools as it was a very very awkward conversation 😛

half way in the middle i was like what is the point of this and the person on the other line was all quiet waiting for me to say something that matters lolll
 
HAHAHAHA i love the variation of smilies on this page from last night to just now :clap:

see the benefits of me being :corny: ?? we got oneMCAT to 😆 which to me, is totally :woot: cuz i totally 😍 and :biglove: oneMCAT!

PS. owwww :cry: i just :bang: my knee on the corner of the table :wtf: !!! :sendoff: @ the table!
 
they said we would have disregarded it anyway!

so i decided not to call other schools as it was a very very awkward conversation 😛

half way in the middle i was like what is the point of this and the person on the other line was all quiet waiting for me to say something that matters lolll

hahah awesome! do u know who you spoke to?
 
:roflcopter: aww i hope your knee gets better camras and i totally 😆:highfive:and :biglove: at ya ;]
and to that table :diebanana::beat: and now we both :banana::banana: yaya :claps:

p.s. i couldnt quote ya since there is apparently a 10 smiley limit here :wow:
 
haha aww oneMCAT ur so sweet 🙂

and yes, :diebanana: @ 10 smiley limit. :lame:👎thumbdown👎thumbdown👎thumbdown
 
No! wait was it you? lolll i still dont know if you are applying now or already got accepted?!

lol no it was not me, I was just wondering if you knew who it was lol.

Yeah I know right? What up with that? I don't even know if I'm applying now or am already accepted!!

😱😕😱😕😱😕😱😕😱😕
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oOoOOoohhh mysterious 😉

well i would like to know when you find out 😛

p.s. again i couldnt quote you cuz we exceed the 10 limit smilies :wtf:
 
oOoOOoohhh mysterious 😉

well i would like to know when you find out 😛

p.s. again i couldnt quote you cuz we exceed the 10 limit smilies :wtf:

heh i like bein mysterious 😎
but i'll :poke: ya and let u know sooner or later 😛

Err... not poke u in the eye tho, like the smiley shows. Silly smiley. :slap:
 
Wow, I think the only thing I was able to put on that was my college name for the committee letter. Easiest secondary ever.
 
umm i don't have a LOR from the department that i majored in... it won't let me continue past that point...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright, my school doesn't have a pre-health committee. This may be the worst question of the century, but what do we put for "Evaluator Title"?
 
wow i just called and they said they won't accept my application without a letter from someone in my major 🙁
 
I just got their secondary. It was so incredibly easy, I thought I was missing something. I had to log on to SDN to check lol
 
this secondary is weird. Honestly, I feel like I have not submitted it 😱
 
Just submitted it.... I wonder how they evaluate applications...

Does anyone have the applicants/interviewees/acceptees breakdowns for NYMC?

What's everyone's opinion on the Touro merger?
 
You guys should check out RWJMS and NJMS. If I remember, there's only an optional secondary essay on why you want to attend a NJ school. Double check their respective forums, as they could have changed the process this year.

Suny buffalo, Suny upstate, and Albert Einstein didn't have essays last year either.

Georgetown and Cornell had 1 or 2 easy questions, why you wanted to attend.

Jefferson had an optional question, if there was any other information you wanted to add.

I'm sure there are other easy secondary schools.
 
Just submitted it.... I wonder how they evaluate applications...

Does anyone have the applicants/interviewees/acceptees breakdowns for NYMC?

What's everyone's opinion on the Touro merger?
Is the Touro merger a sure thing? I dont know much about it. I thought they were merging with a NJ school.
 
For the letter what did you do if you had the professor for more than one class? there is very little space in there to fit two different names for classes!!! also is it bad if you took only one class with one of your LOR writers? 3.3 semester unit?!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If any of you guys had a "letter packet", did you enter that as a committee letter or separate it by each professor. Generally they say committee/letter packet together, but since NYMC doesn't tell us, I'm a bit unsure. And I seriously can't find their contact information!
 
If any of you guys had a "letter packet", did you enter that as a committee letter or separate it by each professor. Generally they say committee/letter packet together, but since NYMC doesn't tell us, I'm a bit unsure. And I seriously can't find their contact information!

I already submitted my 'packet' as a committee letter and wanted to know if it was ok to do so so I called to check. The woman I spoke with said in my case I should have written each individual letter writer as if they were individual letters. Basically, unless you have an advisory committee that writes you a letter treat them all as individuals. So I asked if its ok that I put mine as a committee letter instead and she said its fine, they'll go through each letter anyway and review it as individual letters. Hope this helps.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.