2009-2010 University of Missouri Columbia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got great ideas for distracting themselves until the emails come out?

Members don't see this ad.

Also, now they're saying it's def going to be later this week. We should start a pool for when the emails come. Just kidding.

Members don't see this ad :)
We should start a pool for when the emails come.

Do we have to give a time of day, too?

If so, Wednesday around 1200. Put me down for $15! :smuggrin:

Ugh, I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for the time to pass. I don't recommend it. I will, however, recommend failblog and youtube as ways to pass the time. It won't help your grades any, but man, does it make me giggle.

Yes, I said (err...typed?) giggle.

Haha. I was joking. But if you guys want to do it, Monopoly money only! I'm broke from these applications. I'm putting $15 monopoly dollars on 11:30 tomorrow.

Are you all calling to ask? Btw- Thank you for posting what you have heard.

And, as far as my bet.... March 3rd at 3:33pm...because that would be 3-3 at 3:33 (hehe). :luck:

Called early this morning. If anyone hears anything new, keep up posted. The 3-3 and 3:33 thing made be laugh. How hilarious would be be if you are right?

That cake site made me crave cake!!

And-yes, 3/3 at 3:33(am or pm) would be hilarious; but, let's hope I am wrong so that it might be before then???? *fingers crossed*

However, if I win, can I collect $33 monopoly dollars and pass Go?
LOL

Yes, you can collect the invisible monopoly money, pass go, and will even receive and invisible cake!

Great link pingouin! Lots of good distraction, and it has inspired me to bake a cake tonight. Good luck on exams!

Members don't see this ad :)
ah yes, the birthday cake that most definitely did NOT wind up on cakewrecks.com. :)

I'm not a decorator, though- that WOULD wind up on the website.

apparently we're both pretty good at procrastination....

This whole board has a gift for procrastination. Apparently we all also like to gamble monopoly money and eat cake. Captain, you never put down a wager. How will we know how much invisible cake and monopoly money to send your way?

This whole board has a gift for procrastination. Apparently we all also like to gamble monopoly money and eat cake. Captain, you never put down a wager. How will we know how much invisible cake and monopoly money to send your way?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNjcuZ-LiSY[/YOUTUBE]

Oh, sorry, right. Hmmm. How about one BILLION dollars and a tank of sharks with fricken lasers on their heads.

Letters are out! I got in! Yay! Good luck everyone!

congrats marf! :thumbup:

edit: got mine.
alternate list..

good luck to everyone else

Last edited:
The captain wins 1 billion monopoly dollars and invisible sharks with lasers on their heads!

Does it take a while for all the letters to roll out?

I'm in as well! 99% sure I will not be attending though....

Alternate list... I wonder when it is ok to call and see if they will give us an idea on where we stand.

Also alter-nated. Also curious as to when we can ask about our general position on the list.

I'm in! Congrats to all other acceptances and the those on the waitlist, don't lose hope. It moves, a lot!

Now, to go write that darn check!:D

chels i just called a few minutes ago and the someone took my name and number. she said that someone would call me tomorrow with my position.

but then i JUST got a phone call telling me to email them back a request to know what third i am in.
they said that it would take a few days because the list is not finalized.

edit: oh and congrats to abr and physio

chels i just called a few minutes ago and the someone took my name and number. she said that someone would call me tomorrow with my position.

but then i JUST got a phone call telling me to email them back a request to know what third i am in.
they said that it would take a few days because the list is not finalized.

edit: oh and congrats to abr and physio

Thanks! I emailed the MizzouMed address. Hopefully we find out soon!

I'm in as well! 99% sure I will not be attending though....
Well if you decided against I'm sure all of your friends on the alternate list (myself included) would be mighty appreciative.

BTW Congrats to you and all the other acceptances

Well if you decided against I'm sure all of your friends on the alternate list (myself included) would be mighty appreciative.

BTW Congrats to you and all the other acceptances

Thanks! I will try to make my final decision ASAP! I was alternate listed last year so I know the pain of having to wait even more. I'm going to have to think about it a little more... parents want to "discuss it" and I don't blame them seeing how the attractive price tag is a huge factor.

so, does it take a while for all of the emails to get out? i havent gotten one yet.... :scared:

Does anybody know if the acceptance list includes the new PBL section? It would so be awesome if the first 8 on the waitlist automatically get in as the rooms get built.

"Does anybody know if the acceptance list includes the new PBL section? It would so be awesome if the first 8 on the waitlist automatically get in as the rooms get built."

That would be cool to know! I'm also confused because they say they don't know the order of the wait list. Apparently, the computer has to generate it? How do they not already know the order? I though they had made a rank order list of us at the beginning and the pulled the top of the list off to accept?

I'm betting they're just getting barraged with calls and e-mails. It'll probebly take a couple of days just to sort out who will actually be attending, who wants off the waitlist, and then what order we should be in.

Does anybody know if the acceptance list includes the new PBL section? It would so be awesome if the first 8 on the waitlist automatically get in as the rooms get built.

I believe they accepted up to 104 today, which would include the new PBL lab.

FWIW, the first time I applied the waitlist got down into the mid-60s, so don't lose hope!

I am so jealous of everyone who has heard! Congrats to everyone who has gotten accepted and to those on the waitlist!! I hope that a lack of email does not mean I'm flat out rejected! :eek: If anyone else is in my shoes ...waiting, good luck!

I am so jealous of everyone who has heard! Congrats to everyone who has gotten accepted and to those on the waitlist!! I hope that a lack of email does not mean I'm flat out rejected! :eek: If anyone else is in my shoes ...waiting, good luck!

hope you hear soon and that it's good news.
if you don't get anything by tomorrow i'd call and see what's up.

I believe they accepted up to 104 today, which would include the new PBL lab.

FWIW, the first time I applied the waitlist got down into the mid-60s, so don't lose hope!

I got alternate listed as well... anyone have any clue how many poeple are on the list in the first place?

I got alternate listed as well... anyone have any clue how many poeple are on the list in the first place?

I believe 104. They have accepted 104, put 104 on the alternate list, and reject the rest. It has been 96, but they added another PBL lab for next year's class.

Im with you, I didn't get an email either. I really, really hope this isn't an indicator of bad things.

I believe 104. They have accepted 104, put 104 on the alternate list, and reject the rest. It has been 96, but they added another PBL lab for next year's class.

HAH. I just re-read the e-mail and it says it right in there. Apparently I can't read thoroughly when I'm in a frenzy to figure out my chances....

Letters are out! I got in! Yay! Good luck everyone!

when you say letters, I take it you mean an e-mail? Ugh...I'm starting to worry like everyone else who hasn't heard today. Does anyone have an idea of whether all the acceptances were sent out today/whether anything else down the road will be bad news?

I have no idea. If anyone knows, I'd love to hear opinions. Honestly, I'm starting to believe that this means rejection.... and, I'm calling it a night. But- I guess you never know... and, I hope for all of us that there are more acceptances to give!! :) Good luck everyone!!

I know the majority of the waitlist movement takes place after May 15th, but if spots come open earlier does anybody know if the school will go ahead and send out notices immediatly, or is it a once a month kind of thing? The reason I ask is I'm trying to secure a HPSP scholarship to pay for the school, and until I get an acceptance I am not eligible.

Im with you, I didn't get an email either. I really, really hope this isn't an indicator of bad things.

Not to insult your respective intelligences, but did you guys check your spam folders on the off-chance it got directed there?

I know the majority of the waitlist movement takes place after May 15th, but if spots come open earlier does anybody know if the school will go ahead and send out notices immediatly, or is it a once a month kind of thing? The reason I ask is I'm trying to secure a HPSP scholarship to pay for the school, and until I get an acceptance I am not eligible.

I think it depends on the time of year. I think they start accepting as seats open up (maybe once a week or so) and then as it gets later in the season they start calling the day the seat opens up, given how short on time they are at that point. I'm not positive though and I'd defer to ping or Cpt. Fan. but this is what I remember. Good luck! :luck:

Not to insult your respective intelligences, but did you guys check your spam folders on the off-chance it got directed there?

I think it depends on the time of year. I think they start accepting as seats open up (maybe once a week or so) and then as it gets later in the season they start calling the day the seat opens up, given how short on time they are at that point. I'm not positive though and I'd defer to ping or Cpt. Fan. but this is what I remember. Good luck! :luck:

Yes; spam folder checked....there's nothing there.
Thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.