2009-2010 University of Southern California (USC - Keck) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard anything new? Im starting to lose hope.

Members don't see this ad.

just wanted to let you guys know, i got the call on friday, so the waitlist is moving!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
F

Is that good news or bad news?

Neither. It means they definitely have a full class, but you already knew that. I guess, potentially, it could be construed as good news because the lower the number, the more likely they are to dip below class maximum and thus offer more spots?

Do you have a waitlist number or are you just in a pool?

The alternate list continues to move. I got the call today! See you in August!

Congrats everyone!! Im still waiting...keep your fingers crossed for me :D

I just called admissions and received no new information, but thought I would share it anyway. The waitlist is moving, but no information was provided on expected future movement other than that people can hear for the next month or so. She basically said, "you just have to wait."

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I called two weeks ago, same info. At least it's moving slowly. Here's to hoping!:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

Does anyone know how many people were on the waitlist originally? And how many people are on it now? Thanks!!:)

From everything I've seen, it appears USC does not release those kinds of numbers during the actual wait period. You might be able to find numbers from last year, but I doubt anyone has been given that information for this year. Just my two cents! I hope you get the call soon :)

Ascenda

Does anyone know how many people were on the waitlist originally? And how many people are on it now? Thanks!!:)

you know we get 2800 for a computer in our first year from financial aid? How is that disbursed? Do we just get a fat first check in august?

:idea:

question:
I am still on the Alt list and crossing my fingers that I get accepted soon.
In my Alt list letter that Dr. Quinn wrote, she said that I should "expect a call in May or June"....did everybody get a letter that ended this way?

question:
I am still on the Alt list and crossing my fingers that I get accepted soon.
In my Alt list letter that Dr. Quinn wrote, she said that I should "expect a call in May or June"....did everybody get a letter that ended this way?

Yup, pretty much. I would not read into the letter too much, it will only drive you crazy.

I have "We will be in touch in May or June."

So, does that mean that they will at least contact us for an update by the end of June if we haven't heard anything by then? If July 1 rolls around and we have heard nothing new, should we assume we are out of the running?

^ Mine says the same thing as well. I wish I had a real answer for that. As far as my advisor told me, after June your chances are probably lower, but you can be accepted a few days before class starts. But I dont think that happens very often. Does anyone know? Oh and can someone tell us how many students there are on the google group?

^ mine says the same thing as well. I wish i had a real answer for that. As far as my advisor told me, after june your chances are probably lower, but you can be accepted a few days before class starts. But i dont think that happens very often. Does anyone know? oh and can someone tell us how many students there are on the google group?

I have "We will be in touch in May or June."

So, does that mean that they will at least contact us for an update by the end of June if we haven't heard anything by then? If July 1 rolls around and we have heard nothing new, should we assume we are out of the running?

Are these hand-written notes or typed in the letter? Just curious. (We don't know if there is a correlation between hand-written notes and positive outcomes).

Are these hand-written notes or typed in the letter? Just curious. (We don't know if there is a correlation between hand-written notes and positive outcomes).

it seems like it was just a form letter after all - with the "May or June" just typed in like the rest. It seems a little wrong to provide that glimmer of hope to so many people when they must know many will not get in from the waitlist.

I had a handwritten note on mine...but it really doesn't matter.

I found out over the weekend that the class is full. The only chance any of us on the wait list have at this point is people dropping out for other schools. Just an FYI

I had a handwritten note on mine...but it really doesn't matter.

I found out over the weekend that the class is full. The only chance any of us on the wait list have at this point is people dropping out for other schools. Just an FYI

How did you find out that the class is full?

I got the call from Dr. Quinn yesterday :), so there is still movement. Not sure if the class is full but I do know the google group is at 190 right now.

Technically the class if full, that's why there's a waitlist.

July is just around the corner. Does that mean the waitlist is done for when its July 1st? Does anyone have an answer from a reliable source?

July is just around the corner. Does that mean the waitlist is done for when its July 1st? Does anyone have an answer from a reliable source?

At Keck, just like any school, most movement happens before June. Right now, everything is trickle. Most people have firmly decided where they'll be going next year.

Just got the call from Dr. Quinn. Here I was thinking I was dead in the water... looks like its not over quite yet. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.