2009-2010 Wake Forest University Application Thread

Started by shemarty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know when you get a secondary? They said they will e-mail you it? I checked the status thing but got confused
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do you know when you get a secondary? They said they will e-mail you it? I checked the status thing but got confused

On the status page, they will usually say something like "You will be receiving the secondary via email soon, please allow 2 weeks".

When you finally receive the email about the secondary, WF provides a link for you to complete it.
 
On the status page, they will usually say something like "You will be receiving the secondary via email soon, please allow 2 weeks".

When you finally receive the email about the secondary, WF provides a link for you to complete it.

Ah okay, i think thats what it says
 
That's a good thing, IMO. The steeper the secondary screens, the less money you'll waste.

I think it is a really good thing, especially considering I will be getting the secondary. In fact, if I am getting the secondary I would prefer if they only gave it to people getting interviews.

I've been under review for too damn long.

I don't understand why they are keeping you under review, but on the bright side "under review" is not rejected. You will be changed to receiving secondary soon enough.
 
Last year's secondary requested answers of only 3-4 sentences. I hope I can get my point across in so little... but it's nice to have a shorter one.
 
Is it bad that I've compulsively checked my status so many times that I've memorized my EmplID and my application ID?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's impressive! I haven't even memorized my AMCAS ID yet (though so many schools have you log into secondaries with it).

To stay organized, I have an email I send to myself in my gmail inbox that I update with every new secondary I get with the login information. Copy/pasta!
 
I'm still under review, yea.

I also have my AMCAS ID memorized. This has got to stop.

I have the AMCAS ID memorized, but that one goes on a ton of applications. Yeah thankfully I got my status changed or I would be checking it a ton of times too. We would overload the server 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm getting a secondary!
I last checked around 9 or 10 this morning, so they've updated between then and around right now.
 
I haven't heard a damn thing from WFU yet. It's making me really sad. I submitted my app on the 30th and had been verified before that 🙁
 
checked my status this morning -- getting a secondary!

"Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail. Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches."

I thought they were snail mailing them earlier? Also, I'm in-state. Do y'all think that makes a difference for WF? I didn't think so, but I'm not sure...
 
I think an applicant's proximity to NC plays a significant role, especially for those with very competitive numbers. Just hold tight, guys!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah and what is the deal with sending secondaries in batches? that kinda implies it's snail mail right? wouldn't make sense to send out batches of emails...
UIC's tech guy says they send out batches of 200 to prevent applicants from bringing down the servers. <shrug>
 
Well, it is between 1-2 weeks since my status changed... where is that secondary?

They're waiting for me to finish up the last secondary I still have before they send it out. They don't want me to get bogged down with multiple secondaries in my possession. Sorry for holding up the secondaries...
 
They're waiting for me to finish up the last secondary I still have before they send it out. They don't want me to get bogged down with multiple secondaries in my possession. Sorry for holding up the secondaries...

:laugh: Wake loves its applicants this much
 
Status
Not open for further replies.