You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Wake Forest University Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Got an email inviting me to interview about ten minutes ago. No status change, though.
same here
did the link work for you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The link in the email? Nah, it didn't. But I searched through their website and this is their interview day:same here
did the link work for you?
http://www2.wfubmc.edu/MDProgram/Admissions/Interview+Day.htm
Anybody with an interview offer/rejection today?
Hmmm... perhaps my status page is broken. 😛 still no change. *sigh*
Rejected 🙁
Rejected via email
Rejected via email
Really??
Hmm.. anyone not get rejected yet - no status change, no email, no interview invite, no nothing - and still has the "your application is complete" message? I'm wondering where my rejection is dammit. So annoying to keep waiting and wondering.
Really??
Hmm.. anyone not get rejected yet - no status change, no email, no interview invite, no nothing - and still has the "your application is complete" message? I'm wondering where my rejection is dammit. So annoying to keep waiting and wondering.
I've gotten no rejection, no status change, no emails, no interview invite, nothing. So annoying.
I too received nothing yesterday. Hopefully that's a good thing, but knowing my luck, I'll get a rejection first thing Monday morning. Wake Forest is a great school and I'm desperately hoping to get the chance to interview, even though I'm OOS. It's a little uncomforting hearing some people's status page shows "interview slots all filled," but maybe that goes for their specific interview pool they were in. I'm hoping they end up giving out a specific number of interviews per each interview pool they have, so perhaps they haven't gotten to mine? (Unless maybe there's only one interview pool...?")
How do they respond to updates/LOI?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just cuz I like it when other people post this info: Rejected pre-interview Friday (1/22), complete sometime around the beginning of September. Had called earlier in the season (Oct maybe) and found out I was "not in the top interview pool, but in a pool that would be re-reviewed throughout the season for possible interview invite." So I'd pretty much given up hope anyways, no big! Good luck to everyone else!
How do they respond to updates/LOI?
They accept them and they seem to like people showing interest. Might make a difference if it's not too late...
so i sent in an update one day, got a rejection notice the next day, and a week later i get an acknowledgement that my update has been received and added to my application. thank you wake forest.
so i sent in an update one day, got a rejection notice the next day, and a week later i get an acknowledgement that my update has been received and added to my application. thank you wake forest.
lol that sucks... at least you know they didn't reject you because of something you said in your update...
What is the link to the status page for Wake Forest?
Thanks!
Thanks!
https://www.hrfin.wfubmc.edu:8022/psp/pspro/EMPLOYEE/EMPL/h/?tab=PAPP_GUESTWhat is the link to the status page for Wake Forest?
Thanks!
Also waitlisted today
Waitlist letter came attached to an email today - sounds essentially like active post-interview hold. Interviewed mid-December.
off topic, but Tradgirl, are you a climber?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
off topic, but Tradgirl, are you a climber?
yep! psyched to do some climbing in NC, but a little sad to be leaving the Gunks, my current (world class) "home" crag 🙂
I am also receiving the silent treatment
I'm in the land of no info as well...
got an interview invite today
got an interview invite today
Congrats! Via email?
I also just got an interview invite yesterday through e-mail. Like many of you, I had been complete since the secondaries came out in summer and I gave up checking my status over Christmas break since I figured I was just being given the silent treatment until a rejection came. But there seems to still be hope and I am OOS.
When I called to schedule they still had open slots for the last week of February and I could schedule up to March 19th. I don't know if that means thats the last day they were scheduling people for right now or if that is the last day period.
Good luck to everyone else waiting!
When I called to schedule they still had open slots for the last week of February and I could schedule up to March 19th. I don't know if that means thats the last day they were scheduling people for right now or if that is the last day period.
Good luck to everyone else waiting!
I also just got an interview invite yesterday through e-mail. Like many of you, I had been complete since the secondaries came out in summer and I gave up checking my status over Christmas break since I figured I was just being given the silent treatment until a rejection came. But there seems to still be hope and I am OOS.
When I called to schedule they still had open slots for the last week of February and I could schedule up to March 19th. I don't know if that means thats the last day they were scheduling people for right now or if that is the last day period.
Good luck to everyone else waiting!
I know they only interview through march, so 3/19 could very well be the last date. Thanks for the info. Good luck on your interview!
I interviewed here late last week and am wondering about sending a thank-you note. Bc of the interview format and the fact that the interviewers are not on the adcom it seems inappropriate to send them to the actual interviewers, but I was thinking of sending one to the admissions office? Not sure who to address it to though. Anyone have any input, or experience with this here? Thanks!
I interviewed here late last week and am wondering about sending a thank-you note. Bc of the interview format and the fact that the interviewers are not on the adcom it seems inappropriate to send them to the actual interviewers, but I was thinking of sending one to the admissions office? Not sure who to address it to though. Anyone have any input, or experience with this here? Thanks!
It's not inappropriate to send thank you notes to your actual interviewers. Just because they're not on the admissions committee doesn't mean that they didn't take time to review your application and interview you. I sent them as separate attachments on an email to the main admissions email address. They responded to tell me that they had forwarded my thank you notes. One of my interviewers had given me her contact information so I emailed her directly and got a nice response.
I finished my secondary in July...haven't heard a thing since..kinda getting late in the game I suppose
Same here. I thought that I'd have a reasonable shot at getting in here--more so than some of the OOS public schools I've applied to, but this is the only school I've heard nothing from.
I just got an interview invite today via email. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
a fresh round of cuts
complete 9/28, update letter sent 2/8, rejected today via email.
complete 9/28, update letter sent 2/8, rejected today via email.
It's not inappropriate to send thank you notes to your actual interviewers. Just because they're not on the admissions committee doesn't mean that they didn't take time to review your application and interview you. I sent them as separate attachments on an email to the main admissions email address. They responded to tell me that they had forwarded my thank you notes. One of my interviewers had given me her contact information so I emailed her directly and got a nice response.
Thanks for the advice!
Just got the pre-interview rejection email:
"Although your application was in an interview category, we
Completed super late (11/2/09), not surprised that there's no spot for me. I was planning to visit my relatives over there if I get an interview, but never mind.....
"Although your application was in an interview category, we
can only interview a small percentage of our applicants. Our action reflects primarily the
competitiveness and number of applicants this year."Completed super late (11/2/09), not surprised that there's no spot for me. I was planning to visit my relatives over there if I get an interview, but never mind.....
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K

