2009-2010 West Virginia University Application Thread

Started by shemarty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering if any oos applicants with minimal ties to west virginia recieved an interview with an MCAT score that had a section lower that a 10. I am considering applying for this next cycle, but I heard that for oos applicants with no ties to the state they are looking for at least a 3.6 gpa and a 10 or better on each section of the MCAT. My gpa is around a 3.7 and I got a 12ps, 9vr, and 10bs on the MCAT. I would really like to go to a smaller more rural school like west virginia since I came from a small town and am interested in rural family medicine. Any reply would be helpful.

I applied last cycle as an out of state applicant and had an 8 in one of the sections on the MCAT and I was invited to an interview. I ended up being waitlisted though. I think you should definitely apply especially if you are interested in rural family medicine, as I think community based medicine is definitely a positive about WVU. Good luck!
 
I applied last cycle as an out of state applicant and had an 8 in one of the sections on the MCAT and I was invited to an interview. I ended up being waitlisted though. I think you should definitely apply especially if you are interested in rural family medicine, as I think community based medicine is definitely a positive about WVU. Good luck!

Yes, you would have a decent shot. A bunch of my friends and I are OOS and we got under a 10 on our verbal. We got into WVU off the waitlist.
 
I was just wondering if any oos applicants with minimal ties to west virginia recieved an interview with an MCAT score that had a section lower that a 10. I am considering applying for this next cycle, but I heard that for oos applicants with no ties to the state they are looking for at least a 3.6 gpa and a 10 or better on each section of the MCAT. My gpa is around a 3.7 and I got a 12ps, 9vr, and 10bs on the MCAT. I would really like to go to a smaller more rural school like west virginia since I came from a small town and am interested in rural family medicine. Any reply would be helpful.

Supposedly preference is given to OOS residents from states that border WV..not sure if this is true, but I'm from SE Ohio and I really played the appalachian card while i was there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.