You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Cornell University (Weill) Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
when were you guys complete, those who were rejected pre interview?
Complete 10/25.
MSTP rejection: 11/3
MD rejection: 12/16
Wow, you are really an amazing observer, which would make you a great doctor. I did not even notice that there was a calendar in that office..FYI, the Admissions Office had an office calendar posted on the wall,
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow, you are really an amazing observer, which would make you a great doctor. I did not even notice that there was a calendar in that office..
Eh, it happens when you're sitting around in the office for an hour between interviews. I'm a looker-arounder. 😳
does cornell accept pre-interview updates?
I think so. I sent one and got an interview invite a week later. Could have been a coincidence, but I kind of doubt it.
Is anyone else unable to check their application status?? The page isn't loading for me.
Is anyone else unable to check their application status?? The page isn't loading for me.
same here.
for updatessame here.for updates
I don't know, I can still check it?
I don't know, I can still check it?
Are you sure?? I tried IE, Firefox, Chrome - and it didn't load in any of them.
Status page is running fine for me too. The link is http://osaf-status.med.cornell.edu
Status page is running fine for me too. The link is http://osaf-status.med.cornell.edu
That works! For some reason, the page I bookmarked didn't.
does cornell accept pre-interview updates?
Yep. I sent one last night at almost midnight and got a polite response just now letting me know they have it and it's going into my file.
Yep. I sent one last night at almost midnight and got a polite response just now letting me know they have it and it's going into my file.
hmm, i sent an update a few weeks ago, and i never got a response confirming that they received it. :\ which email address did you send it to? thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hmm, i sent an update a few weeks ago, and i never got a response confirming that they received it. :\ which email address did you send it to? thanks!
I sent an update 3 weeks ago, and also never got a confirmation...
I sent an update 3 weeks ago, and also never got a confirmation...
Neither did I, but I'm sure they got our letters.
hmm, i sent an update a few weeks ago, and i never got a response confirming that they received it. :\ which email address did you send it to? thanks!
I sent an update 3 weeks ago, and also never got a confirmation...
Neither did I, but I'm sure they got our letters.
It wouldn't hurt to call I guess. I used [email protected]
This might be a stupid question, but here it goes:
What kind of information do you include in an update letter? How comprehensive, and long should it be?
I was really hoping to be able to get an interview here, and haven't been rejected, so I imagine perhaps I still stand a chance. Maybe an update letter will help.
What kind of information do you include in an update letter? How comprehensive, and long should it be?
I was really hoping to be able to get an interview here, and haven't been rejected, so I imagine perhaps I still stand a chance. Maybe an update letter will help.
This might be a stupid question, but here it goes:
What kind of information do you include in an update letter? How comprehensive, and long should it be?
I was really hoping to be able to get an interview here, and haven't been rejected, so I imagine perhaps I still stand a chance. Maybe an update letter will help.
I don't know if I'm right about this, but here's what I did - 1 page letter about moving to NYC, getting a job at Cornell, new meeting abstract, and second publication submitted. Then I talked about how I've seen the school and talked to students/residents so I TOTALLY ^_^ want to go there now.
Common sense tells me you should only send a letter if you really have something to update them with. I got lucky with Cornell. I don't really know what to send the other schools that haven't responded to me.
Were most of you who interviewed able to find a student host? I already replied last week to the admissions office with a short blurb about myself after they said they could email the students, but how likely is it that they'll be able to find one for me? How long did it take for a student to contact you after you emailed the admissions office? Hotels in Manhattan are so expensive and staying with a student has always been incredibly helpful...
I was able to get a host. I think someone got in touch with me a few days after I emailed the admissions office.
So this may be the kiss of death, but any word on December acceptances? If I remember correctly, they went out on the 29th last year and the 19th the year before. Hopefully they'll come soon (and to a good number of SDNers!).
Last edited:
So this may be the kiss of death, but December matches? Any word, anyone? If I remember correctly, they went out on the 29th last year and the 19th the year before. Hopefully they'll come soon (and to a good number of SDNers!).
Yup, afternoon of the 29th last year, though we had a false alarm on SDN the week before. Admissions is very secretive about their December admits and won't say how many are given out and when. And no one's sure exactly what their criteria are, so don't be upset if you've interviewed and don't hear anything this month. Good luck everybody! Fingers crossed!
Sent an update letter by email, received confirmation about 15 minutes later. Cool.
oh man... now I'm worried. I sent my update by e-mail as well and mailed them a letter on interest last month neither of which had a confirmation.
Should I call? opinions!
oh man... now I'm worried. I sent my update by e-mail as well and mailed them a letter on interest last month neither of which had a confirmation.
Should I call? opinions!
Have you interviewed already? If you have, you should chill til January (once the first round of acceptance is given out).
Have you interviewed already? If you have, you should chill til January (once the first round of acceptance is given out).
Yeah I interviewed in the first week of November... alright I'll stop being such a pain in the ass 🙄 lol thanks love
Friend got an invite this week, complete about one month ago.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I interviewed in the first week of November... alright I'll stop being such a pain in the ass 🙄 lol thanks love
Haha, never said anything about your being "pain in the ass." I know how you feel, especially with a school you really like.
That said, sometimes the best action is no action, not sure if it makes any sense. Good luck!
Have you interviewed already? If you have, you should chill til January (once the first round of acceptance is given out).
Unless you heard something different, pretty sure the "early" acceptances go out in December?
Haha, never said anything about your being "pain in the ass." I know how you feel, especially with a school you really like.
That said, sometimes the best action is no action, not sure if it makes any sense. Good luck!
lol you're totally right... esp bc that's my status on some school's update pages (NO ACTION)
pretty sure those december acceptances are for crazy awesome people so I'm planning on not hearing till March. ::cue song anticipation:: I assume they're for stellar stats?
Merry Merry Merry Holidays everyone here!
Unless you heard something different, pretty sure the "early" acceptances go out in December?
Oh yes, the "early" acceptances are due in late-December. Thus, he should wait until January to write an update (after holiday season and acceptances have been given). Just an educated guess: Admission Committee is focused currently on December admission decisions; an update would not be reviewed immediately.
lol you're totally right... esp bc that's my status on some school's update pages (NO ACTION)
pretty sure those december acceptances are for crazy awesome people so I'm planning on not hearing till March. ::cue song anticipation:: I assume they're for stellar stats?
Merry Merry Merry Holidays everyone here!
You were offered an interview at Cornell before December. I am sure you are eligible for December consideration. Thus, good luck. Hope you get it! That said, I dont' think an update would help your chances now, unless you won the Nobel Prize overnight. Nonetheless, be confident in your application. I am sure it is very strong.
P.S. I should really take my own advice some time. I am also worried about all the schools I have interviewed.
Happy Holidays
Oh yes, the "early" acceptances are due in late-December. Thus, he should wait until January to write an update (after holiday season and acceptances have been given). Just an educated guess: Admission Committee is focused currently on December admission decisions; an update would not be reviewed immediately.
SHE should wait until january... cuz i'm a girl lol but thanks you guys keep me sane.
also I did win the nobel prize... but its the peace prize and they give those out to pretty much anyone nowadays so i didnt bother mentioning it lol you're right, we just have to cross our fingers and wait! Good things are on their way 🙂
also I did win the nobel prize... but its the peace prize and they give those out to pretty much anyone nowadays so i didnt bother mentioning it lol you're right, we just have to cross our fingers and wait! Good things are on their way 🙂
Obama fan, ay?
SHE should wait until january... cuz i'm a girl lol but thanks you guys keep me sane.
also I did win the nobel prize... but its the peace prize and they give those out to pretty much anyone nowadays so i didnt bother mentioning it lol you're right, we just have to cross our fingers and wait! Good things are on their way 🙂
Sorry, I associated Supernerd to Superbad ... So, I made an "educated guess." Now, I think my guess isn't too accurate. Maybe, you shouldn't listen to me 🙄
Rejected today. Complete August 3, sent an update letter 5 days ago.
+1. Complete sometime around mid-August.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
accepted! via email like 6 minutes ago! woooot! good luck to all of you!
accepted here too!!!!
accepted🙂
accepted here too!!!!
accepted! via email like 6 minutes ago! woooot! good luck to all of you!
Accepted early. Just now!
![]()
Woohoo!!! Accepted! Dream school. I've been a lurker on this thread checking out potential classmates. Accepted by email!
Congratulations!! Great news after Christmas, but happy festivus for the rest of us.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K