You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Louisiana State University - Shreveport Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I haven't been getting any status updates! I dunno why... Is it a bad sign?
They have only sent an update once I think. I wouldn't stress. Doesn't really seem to be their thing...
I haven't been getting any status updates! I dunno why... Is it a bad sign?
I got two status updates about a month apart from each other. I interviewed on the 7th of December, and was called by Dr Kennedy (Asst Dean of Admissions) the night of the 9th. I received my admissions letter on Saturday (they meet as a committee the Thursday after your Tuesday interview and mail the results on Friday).
Bottom line: if you don't get the weekly updates, it isn't a big deal. I'm not a Harvard grad that served needy children in the Sudan for a year either.
I'd be happy to share more. Good luck and keep your compass open and level.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got two status updates about a month apart from each other. I interviewed on the 7th of December, and was called by Dr Kennedy (Asst Dean of Admissions) the night of the 9th. I received my admissions letter on Saturday (they meet as a committee the Thursday after your Tuesday interview and mail the results on Friday).
Bottom line: if you don't get the weekly updates, it isn't a big deal. I'm not a Harvard grad that served needy children in the Sudan for a year either.
I'd be happy to share more. Good luck and keep your compass open and level.
Hey! I was there too on December 7th. I was the one person from New Orleans.
Congrats on the acceptance! I checked my mailbox today but probably won't get a letter until Monday.
I was wondering why Dr. Kennedy called you? I didn't get a call from him. Hmm. Now I'm worried!!! 🙁
Hey! I was there too on December 7th. I was the one person from New Orleans.
Congrats on the acceptance! I checked my mailbox today but probably won't get a letter until Monday.
I was wondering why Dr. Kennedy called you? I didn't get a call from him. Hmm. Now I'm worried!!! 🙁
I am the older non-trad (30 years old) military guy that flew the B-52 without being a pilot... "Brownie" was the nickname I announced to everyone.
As to why I got a phone call... I am under a different calendar than most applicants. Not only do I have to get into medical school, I have to get out of the Air Force. That has a whole other series of hoops to jump through, and getting a letter of acceptance as early as possible can accelerate the process. I know Dr Kennedy was aware of that, and mentioned that he wanted to put my mind and my wife's mind at ease by giving us the phone call. My four year old said congrats on getting into medical school. 🙂 How cool is that? He hasn't even started school yet.
Anyway, about your missing letter... don't worry, the committee could review your application over two weeks and mail your letter out as late as the following Friday. I was told my file may not be reviewed until next week, Thursday (obviously not the case). So it may be another week, or it may be this Monday. Being in New Orleans, I think snail mail may take a few more minutes to get to you. We had a great group of folks (11 people, if others are wondering), and I hope we all get in. Good luck, and hop on to let us know once you get your acceptance letter! 🙂
haven't heard anything yet... trying not to get discouraged...
haven't heard anything yet... trying not to get discouraged...
Neither have I. : ( I've been complete since mid-October. I've called a couple times but have only heard that my application is "under review"... *the waiting game*
My interview is in January, and I got an email from Shreveport saying that we need to send them a resume of our accomplishments and etc. (one page length). Do I write it in paragraph form or what? Also it seems I am just going to be re-writing whats on my AMCAS application
My interview is in January, and I got an email from Shreveport saying that we need to send them a resume of our accomplishments and etc. (one page length). Do I write it in paragraph form or what? Also it seems I am just going to be re-writing whats on my AMCAS application
yeah you can use the same one that you used for your amcas/pre-med committee- just make sure it is not longer than one page. My resume was 2 pages and I had the second page torn off and thrown into the garbage within 5 minutes of walking into the office.👎
Has anyone else from the December 14th interview date been accepted?
![]()
I did! 🙂) I was the girl from Lockport, La.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hah! I remember you! I was the only Tulane student I think. We talked about Lockport because I had been once to do a study on the French in Lafourche. Congrats!
Congratulations to you too! 🙂
Hi I was wondering if anyone had the website to access the secondary application, i deleted the email they sent me by accident
thank you i would appreciate it so much
From the email:
To prepare and submit your 2011 Secondary Application for the LSU School of Medicine in Shreveport, you may now access the following site:
http://admissions.lsuhscshreveport.edu
Log-In: Enter your AAMC Identification number.
Password: Your social security number (NOT the password used for your AAMC application, but your social security number).
Next, click: "Current Application Year (2011)"
Then, click: "Log-In" and you are on your way.
However, if you click on the link, you'll see that the secondary is no longer available.
From the email:
To prepare and submit your 2011 Secondary Application for the LSU School of Medicine in Shreveport, you may now access the following site:
http://admissions.lsuhscshreveport.edu
Log-In: Enter your AAMC Identification number.
Password: Your social security number (NOT the password used for your AAMC application, but your social security number).
Next, click: "Current Application Year (2011)"
Then, click: "Log-In" and you are on your way.
However, if you click on the link, you'll see that the secondary is no longer available.
thanks bud, ya i missed it.i wish i could remember what i put there
do they send an email for the decision or only a letter in the mail?
I only got a letter in the mail.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
^ I was there.
Awesome....I'm thinking I know who you are. Are you from New Orleans?
There's still plenty of time.
I got accepted in March 4 years ago, and now I'm graduating.
They don't necessarily interview JUST the strongest applicants first. The adcom's process is a bit more involved, specifically targeting people from rural areas, good credentials, and more likely to go into primary care when it's all said and done. Incoming freshies who want to be neurosurgeons are a dime/dozen. Those with a more refined focus from the get-go are usually more mature and can handle the transition.
And no... the hardest part of medschool isn't getting in.
Edit: "Racer" - perhaps a fellow autocrosser? That's the same unique quality I used.
I got accepted in March 4 years ago, and now I'm graduating.
They don't necessarily interview JUST the strongest applicants first. The adcom's process is a bit more involved, specifically targeting people from rural areas, good credentials, and more likely to go into primary care when it's all said and done. Incoming freshies who want to be neurosurgeons are a dime/dozen. Those with a more refined focus from the get-go are usually more mature and can handle the transition.
And no... the hardest part of medschool isn't getting in.
Edit: "Racer" - perhaps a fellow autocrosser? That's the same unique quality I used.
^^ Yes haha I figured it would be fairly unique. I said I autox and drift. You autox with the SCCA I assume?
Don't worry, it worked for me.
Yeah, I do SCCA off/on. I've just been too busy to get much racing in. Hopefully that'll change at some point.
There's still time. I know I keep beating this drum, but I was accepted in March, and I'm matching today.
i got my rejection yesterday from lsu-shreveport! Boo! i didnt even interview or anything but hey i got accepted into LSU-NO, thats all that matters to me now!
I got the call from them today! I'm accepted!
Me too. Apparently a busy day for Dr. Kennedy.
Just released my spot back into the wild. Best of luck to whoever ends up with it.
Just released my spot back into the wild. Best of luck to whoever ends up with it.
were u accepted or on the waiting list?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Right? Lol
Anyone?..... Bueller? Bueller?
lol i can't wait, trying to decide what to do with plan C
- Status
- Not open for further replies.


