2010-2011 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

Started by ksmi117
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alternate list" via status update. Interviewed 9/24. 🙁.

me too, but I knew my interview went horribly bad.. so i was actually expecting a flat out rejection haha.. I was actually really surprised to be on the waiting list because the interview went badly.. I learned a lot from the interview and then later ones went well i think.
I interviewed 9/24 too though.. guess they didn't like us that day (i'm wondering if you had the same interviewers as me)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My application has been marked complete on the website for 2 weeks, but I haven't received an e-mail yet. When you guys are counting how many days it took to be sent to the screeners after being complete, are you going by the status page or an e-mail? Thanks.
 
My application has been marked complete on the website for 2 weeks, but I haven't received an e-mail yet. When you guys are counting how many days it took to be sent to the screeners after being complete, are you going by the status page or an e-mail? Thanks.

Submitted 7/9
Complete 8/13
Sent to Screeners 9/8
Interview Invite 9/12
Sent to Committee 9/13
Decision: TBA

based off website
 
Hello I'm a longtime lurker, but had to post as I finally received news.
Interview-11/12 at 11:30 am
Secondary Received by TCMC: 9/13/10
Application Complete: 10/6/10
Sent to Screeners: 10/12/10
Interview Invite: 10/19/10

Good Luck!
 
Does anyone know why the application is not allowing me to put spaces between paragraphs? 🙁

Thanks guys!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview invite here too!!! TODAY!! Looking at the calendar, it looks like they aren't offering any interviews in Nov. or Dec... can anyone verify this?
 
Interview invite here too!!! TODAY!! Looking at the calendar, it looks like they aren't offering any interviews in Nov. or Dec... can anyone verify this?
I called she said they're booked through December.. When did you schedule your interview?
 
That's what it looked like. Earliest available dates are in January. Check for cancellations though, I got in next week because someone cancelled earlier today.
 
Anyone interviewing tomorrow? PM me if you want to hang out today.
 
I called she said they're booked through December.. When did you schedule your interview?

I scheduled mine for the morning of January 28th... kind of a ways off, but I'm just happy I got an interview 😀 So, I called the admissions office and got my name put on a waiting list, but i'm interested how jl13 got an earlier spot???
 
Do any current TCMC students have advice on how you selected your regional campus? After seeing the presentations at interview day, I didn't have a good sense of how the placements differed. I've never been to Wilkes-Barre or Williamsport, so any if anyone has thoughts on what it's like to live in these places compared to Scranton, or what the programs are like there, I'd love to hear them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So when I went to schedule my interview a few spots popped up that I couldn't enroll in via the portal because they were within ten days. I called the admissions office and they were thrilled to have someone pick up the the spot. I probably got a spot for someone that had recently cancelled, so KEEP CHECKING THE PORTAL if you want to try and move up your date.

Does anyone know that the OOS number of admission look like?
 
Hi all. I scheduled an interview with the school in early February. A waysssss off. Anyone know how many times this school interviews per month? Is it only a few times per month or what? And what should I do to maybe get an earlier date? Thanks!
 
Hey everyone,

I gained an acceptance from my top choice so I will be giving up my Nov. 19 interview day on Monday for anyone wishing to move their interviews up.
 
So when I went to schedule my interview a few spots popped up that I couldn't enroll in via the portal because they were within ten days. I called the admissions office and they were thrilled to have someone pick up the the spot. I probably got a spot for someone that had recently cancelled, so KEEP CHECKING THE PORTAL if you want to try and move up your date.

Does anyone know that the OOS number of admission look like?

I know that last year's class is somewhere around 70% PA residents. As for this year, I don't know any statistics, but they did take me even though I have no PA ties, so I wouldn't be discouraged if you are not from PA.
 
ugh same! (interviewed 10/8) . . . super nervous, this is the only interview invite I've gotten.

hey guys, i forget. you go to your interview, then the following Friday the committee meets to review your file. do you get notice of your acceptance/waitlist/rejection on that friday following the interview? i guess not based on sailor? since you interviewed awhile back on 10/8 and it's now 10/25.
 
hey guys, i forget. you go to your interview, then the following Friday the committee meets to review your file. do you get notice of your acceptance/waitlist/rejection on that friday following the interview? i guess not based on sailor? since you interviewed awhile back on 10/8 and it's now 10/25.


i interviewed on the 8th too but no news yet
 
hey guys, i forget. you go to your interview, then the following Friday the committee meets to review your file. do you get notice of your acceptance/waitlist/rejection on that friday following the interview? i guess not based on sailor? since you interviewed awhile back on 10/8 and it's now 10/25.

They meet on Tuesdays, at the interview she said every Tuesday, the email said every other. I believe they review strictly in chronological order, and at my interview (10/8) they were a week behind. Hope that helps.
 
Yeah, I know they said something about Tuesday meetings. They told my 10/15 interview group that we'd probably hear back in 2 weeks, but it might be 3 weeks. That's why I'm hoping to get some good Scranton-y news this week! 🙂
 
Yeah, I know they said something about Tuesday meetings. They told my 10/15 interview group that we'd probably hear back in 2 weeks, but it might be 3 weeks. That's why I'm hoping to get some good Scranton-y news this week! 🙂

yeah daisy, I'd give it another week or so since none of us who interviewed the week before have heard back... hope this helps, the waiting game is bummer. good luck all!
 
ah woops, i thought they said Friday. Maybe they did or I misheard. Well it was a great school so I'm hoping to get in!
 
Talked to admissions today and they said they will be updating admission statuses for the people that interviewed on 10/8 within the next few days.... they are finalizing the list currently
 
Talked to admissions today and they said they will be updating admission statuses for the people that interviewed on 10/8 within the next few days.... they are finalizing the list currently

Ahh how exciting! Good luck to the 10/8 interviewers. I'm a little bummed that I probably have to wait another week... I was hoping to know by Halloween!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Approximately how long does it take to be marked complete here? I submitted several weeks ago, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a general time frame. Thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.