-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Hooray! Finally sent to screeners for evaluation! 👍 Hopefully I'll hear back from them soon (and hopefully good news!) Been complete since 8/10 and the inactivity was starting to get to me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hooray! Finally sent to screeners for evaluation! 👍 Hopefully I'll hear back from them soon (and hopefully good news!) Been complete since 8/10 and the inactivity was starting to get to me.
+1 Finally! Let's hope we get an interview now!

Hooray! Finally sent to screeners for evaluation! 👍 Hopefully I'll hear back from them soon (and hopefully good news!) Been complete since 8/10 and the inactivity was starting to get to me.
I don't get their screening process.. I submitted my secondary back in July and have been listed as complete since 8/2 and still have not been sent to screeners...
Good luck though in getting an interview...
Two interviewers. Congrats on the invite! If you don't mind, when were you sent to screeners? I assume you were invited Thursday. Best of luck!
I believe i Submitted around July 8th... not entirely sure when I was sent to screeners, havent followed my secondaries with too much scrutiny. I wouldnt worry if you havent heard from them yet. As a newer medical school, I am sure they are interviewing so early because of the need to fill their class as competitively as possible.
Hey all,
I've been "under review" since 9/3. For those who just got interviews, how long did it take to get word after going to review? Just trying to prepare myself in advance for the bad news 😀
It took exactly 7 days for me to get my invitation.
It took exactly 7 days for me to get my invitation.
took almost two weeks for me.
Thanks for the info DoctaFuture and AtTheBeach... looks like I may have gotten passed over, but you never know.
Good luck on the interviews!
ha thanks. you know what though, i wouldn't start worrying. maybe their system is still kinda messed up or something. or maybe they'll just get to you later on for some reason. but dont worry yet.
ha thanks. you know what though, i wouldn't start worrying. maybe their system is still kinda messed up or something. or maybe they'll just get to you later on for some reason. but dont worry yet.
Good advice. That's the most hopeful thing I've hear all day. Let us all know how it goes!
Good advice. That's the most hopeful thing I've hear all day. Let us all know how it goes!
ha def. just stay cool for awhile. im sure commonwealth will be nice to you if they were nice to me. can't wait for the interview!
haha i would tell them to interview you but there's proly not much weight in what I say lol...If you tell them to interview me, I'll room with you 😛.
When was your app sent to the reviewers, if I may ask?
and I was sent to review I think early September I'm
not sure exactly...
man I'm not sure which date to pick for interview... is earlier better? and lol I'm still looking for someone who would wanna room together in a hotel... oh and what's the closest airport to TCMC?
haha i would tell them to interview you but there's proly not much weight in what I say lol...
and I was sent to review I think early September I'm
not sure exactly...
man I'm not sure which date to pick for interview... is earlier better? and lol I'm still looking for someone who would wanna room together in a hotel... oh and what's the closest airport to TCMC?
Closest airport is AVP -- Scranton Wilkes-Barre-- about 15 min. Philly is 2 hrs as is Newark, can also look at Allentown (1 hr). For all of you who have not heard dont worry lots of applications out with screeners.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Closest airport is AVP -- Scranton Wilkes-Barre-- about 15 min. Philly is 2 hrs as is Newark, can also look at Allentown (1 hr). For all of you who have not heard dont worry lots of applications out with screeners.
Thanks for the info.
I guess you've been heard, sneakyrocker! Now let's see if Boggvir gets that interview.
Anyone interviewing on oct 8th? I'd be happy to room with someone and save ourselves some moola.
!!!!Thanks for the info.
I guess you've been heard, sneakyrocker! Now let's see if Boggvir gets that interview.
Hey all,
Does anyone have any idea how long after an interview TCMC usually takes to give you a rejection or acceptance? (I'm guessing it varies by person...)
I believe what I heard from the interview was that the adcom meets every Tuesday for 2 hours. They said we should expect to hear back in around two weeks (more or less).
I assume they follow the Oct. 15 earliest notification thing.
Thanks for the info.
I guess you've been heard, sneakyrocker! Now let's see if Boggvir gets that interview.
You're the man. Mind saying that in the thread of every single school I applied?
haha sure... but congrats on your invite... and good luck!You're the man. Mind saying that in the thread of every single school I applied?
CONGRATS, Bogg! Sneakyrocker, can you work your magic at Georgetown and a couple of others for me?!?!
rejected 🙁
32O, OOS, 3.5
32O, OOS, 3.5
REJECTED. 3.4, 32, OOS.
I think there is a lot more state preference here than what meets the eye. Too bad. I really liked the primary care aspect...
I think there is a lot more state preference here than what meets the eye. Too bad. I really liked the primary care aspect...
I think they take a good look at secondaries too. So I'm sure that was a factor too.
I wasn't trying to undermine anybody's interview...I was just saying that (as usual) the process seems pretty tough to follow. That said, I thought my secondary rocked 🙁 .....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
32S, OOS, <3.2 gpa (Engineering/smp)
yeah, if OOS has only 30, then my chances weren't great. damn, when I emailed the Dir. of Admissions, i explained my stats and asked for some words of encouragement to apply or not.
I guess, they should pay a bonus to them, the lady said Thank you for your interest in TCMC. We do look at each application individually so your application would be reviewed regardless of your scores. We do not eliminate applications solely based on scores. If you have any other questions please let us know.
but if she could have taken into account, each secondary costs 100$ and this student might be in a not a great spot as OOS only get 30 seats....she might have said, past precedence doesn't look at you gently.
man. oh well, done with my rant 🙂
I guess, they should pay a bonus to them, the lady said Thank you for your interest in TCMC. We do look at each application individually so your application would be reviewed regardless of your scores. We do not eliminate applications solely based on scores. If you have any other questions please let us know.
but if she could have taken into account, each secondary costs 100$ and this student might be in a not a great spot as OOS only get 30 seats....she might have said, past precedence doesn't look at you gently.
man. oh well, done with my rant 🙂
yeah, email
i think they really do look at the entire application. it's a smaller school too. that's just my 2 cents.
Yeah... I'm out of state with a not-so-great sGPA so I was very pleasantly surprised to get an invite. This is just a random thought of what they may be looking for, since I don't have primary care activities per se: Since it's a relatively new school that's kind of broken up into clinical campuses, they might be looking for people with strong leadership experience. But then again, who knows what any school is looking for 

Yay Interview invite - totally unexpected!
Complete 8/10
Sent to screeners 9/15
OOS
Complete 8/10
Sent to screeners 9/15
OOS
Rejected! 31R/3.35/OOS, complete 8/27. No love lost here... 😉
lulz reads you have two interviews! you're fine. sorry though.
My second letter has yet to be received by the commonwealth (dang it!) so they still can't make a decision yet but what do you guys think my chances are of getting an interview? 27P, 3.93 cGPA/sGPA, PA resident going in the primary care doctor direction.
You sound fine to me! I'm not exactly an authority on what TCMC or any med school wants though

My second letter has yet to be received by the commonwealth (dang it!) so they still can't make a decision yet but what do you guys think my chances are of getting an interview? 27P, 3.93 cGPA/sGPA, PA resident going in the primary care doctor direction.
I definitely think you have a good chance of receiving an interview, I have similar stats (lower gpa, 3.72) and also PA resident and I'm interviewing Oct 8th.
Okay so this is odd. My friend who also applied to commonwealth never even sent in a letter in addition to the pre-health committee package letter and his application has been verified including his LOR's and they are reviewing his app.
How can this be? We have the same pre-health letter set up. 😕
How can this be? We have the same pre-health letter set up. 😕
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I've been complete since 8/25, was sent to committee on 9/3, and still have not heard a peep from TCMC. I am noticing that people are getting interviewed/rejected that were complete around the same time. Do you think it's a good sign I haven't heard or a bad sign? If only I could read their minds...😀
Hey guys, I've been complete since 8/25, was sent to committee on 9/3, and still have not heard a peep from TCMC. I am noticing that people are getting interviewed/rejected that were complete around the same time. Do you think it's a good sign I haven't heard or a bad sign? If only I could read their minds...😀
Ask and ye shall receive....REJECTED!! Ah, well.
For those of you who got rejected? Did you get interviews? And when was your interview?
For those of you who got rejected? Did you get interviews? And when was your interview?
I believe these were all post-secondary, pre-interview rejections. I don't think they will send post-interview rejections or acceptances until Oct. 15 or after.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.