2010-2011 University of Missouri (Columbia) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview invite today for October 12th!

I was complete around 8/10. 36/~3.8. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats Archer! Are you IS?

Do you guys know if Mizzou has a student hosting program?

And why is this thread so dead? Where are all the MO folks?!?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Archer! Are you IS?

Do you guys know if Mizzou has a student hosting program?

And why is this thread so dead? Where are all the MO folks?!?!

Yep, I'm IS and received the invite by e-mail. Also, I thought I saw something about a hosting program, but even if that's not true, the hotels there are so cheap (it is after all, Colombia, MO) that it shouldn't hit your wallet too hard anyways. I'm lucky and am staying with friends in undergrad. Good Luck!

So I am a re-applicant who was wait listed last year. I started a new job at the beginning of August. I basically went 3 weeks without a paycheck, and then had to catch up on my finances for a few paychecks. Anyway, I just got the funds to submit my secondary application this weekend which was much later than I would have liked to have done.

Will submitting this late hurt my chances at being accepted? Missou is a great school. I would really love to go there. I'm worried now that I may have already hurt my chances. What do you guys think?

So I am a re-applicant who was wait listed last year. I started a new job at the beginning of August. I basically went 3 weeks without a paycheck, and then had to catch up on my finances for a few paychecks. Anyway, I just got the funds to submit my secondary application this weekend which was much later than I would have liked to have done.

Will submitting this late hurt my chances at being accepted? Missou is a great school. I would really love to go there. I'm worried now that I may have already hurt my chances. What do you guys think?

BUMP. I was curious about this as well.

You're fine. I don't think I had mine out until October last year. I wouldn't worry about it.

Anyone interviewing Tuesday this week?

Good luck everyone! I interviewed there last week, and it was a very smooth process. The whole staff and med students were very friendly and helped us feel at ease before the interviews.

Good luck everyone! I interviewed there last week, and it was a very smooth process. The whole staff and med students were very friendly and helped us feel at ease before the interviews.
:thumbup:This for sure.

Everyone in the admissions office and the students all were extremely friendly, and seemed genuinely happy to be there and to bbe helpful. This school is truly a hidden gem. :xf:

Anyone know how acceptances are sent out... mail or email?? Also, anyone know for sure when we might hear from them?

Anyone know how acceptances are sent out... mail or email?? Also, anyone know for sure when we might hear from them?

Some people have said that they get phone calls, but usually they send an e-mail followed by an actual letter. Good luck!

Not much activity on this thread..

I received an e-mail today from the Diversity Coordinator at Mizzou asking me to add them to my AMCAS application. I guess they got my information from the MedMar when I took the MCAT. She also asked me to email her a PDF copy of my AMCAS and she will take it directly to the dean of admissions next week to see if I am granted an interview. From her e-mails I'm gathering that I won't have to complete the secondary.

Has anyone had experience/luck with this?
I know they don't accept much out of state and i'm a TX resident but I'll def go to Missouri if accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing on Monday here! I'm really excited! I've looked over all the SDN interview feedback and the Mizzou website for important features. Anything else I should brush up on? All advice appreciated!

PS. My whole family is from Kansas and all are die-hard Jayhawk fans....needless to say, the possibility that I may end up being a Missouri Tiger haunts their dreams. :p

Interviewing on Monday here! I'm really excited! I've looked over all the SDN interview feedback and the Mizzou website for important features. Anything else I should brush up on? All advice appreciated!

PS. My whole family is from Kansas and all are die-hard Jayhawk fans....needless to say, the possibility that I may end up being a Missouri Tiger haunts their dreams. :p

You might not want to mention that. ;)

Got my interview invite this past Wednesday :)) They only gave me 6 days notice, but that's okay... I go here for undergrad. Interview is on Tuesday! :D

Btw, if anyone has questions on where to stay or whatever, lemme know! And they do have a student ambassador program where you can stay with a med student. It's in the email that they send you :)

I called to ask them when we might hear some news a week or so ago, they said we probably wouldn't hear anything until the week before Thanksgiving.

they just told us at our interview (on tuesday) that they will be sending out their first round of acceptance letters via email in about 2 weeks. it'll only be a very small portion. everyone else will be put into the admissions "pool" and they'll send acceptances out throughout the season. there are already 25 spots given out to the conley and bryant scholars, so just be aware of that.

Ah...status unchanged email received today. :shrug: Hopefully better news in the future. I suppose this isn't that surprising, given that most people don't find out until Feb if they got in!:xf:

Accepted today! 3.85/35Q. Interviewed 11/03. Wasn't too sure about the school before my interview there, but I had a great experience! An excellent school!!:thumbup:

Oops, wrong thread, please ignore

Did they say if this was the usual time frame for people to hear back from them? ... That would be amazing.

Did they say if this was the usual time frame for people to hear back from them? ... That would be amazing.

The AdComm meets weekly and votes on candidates and status emails are sent once a month. The AdComm meeting after your interview (assuming your interviewers are present) you will be assigned a score and your status will be determined based upon that score. Good luck!

Why is there hardly any activity in this thread??! Anyone anxiously awaiting an interview invite?? For those of you who have interviewed, how long did it take to get an invite after completion of file, and how did they contact you (phone/email)? Good luck to all! Lets get some convo going on here!!:)

Why is there hardly any activity in this thread??! Anyone anxiously awaiting an interview invite?? For those of you who have interviewed, how long did it take to get an invite after completion of file, and how did they contact you (phone/email)? Good luck to all! Lets get some convo going on here!!:)

My secondary was complete 7/27, interview invite came 9/20. Everything was via email... the invite, and you reply to that message to confirm your date.

Took a little over 2 months to receive the interview invite.

I think the committee will send out more acceptances in December?!

Hello all! I was complete on 7/14, invited to interview on 8/26, my acceptance letter is dated 10/16 (but I didn't get it until about 2 weeks after that date). So they do accept people early, don't give up hope!

Congrats to all who have already been accepted! For those of you still waiting for news, don't lose hope! A big chunk of the class will receive their acceptances in February/March and there seems to have been some decent movement on the wait list in the last several years.

This thread if awfully quiet! :sleep:

But I'm awake now! Interview invite today for 1/12, so it looks like I've got all of Christmas break to stew.

Congrats to all who have already been accepted! For those of you still waiting for news, don't lose hope! A big chunk of the class will receive their acceptances in February/March and there seems to have been some decent movement on the wait list in the last several years.

Anyone know if they'll send out more acceptances before February? Been waitin around quite a while now... :whistle:

Anyone know if they'll send out more acceptances before February? Been waitin around quite a while now... :whistle:

The last status update/acceptance event was friday 11/5, so I'm guessing any time now? Maybe this Friday for the next "Donnie, nothing has changed" email. :laugh:

Interview: 11/29
Accepted: 12/2

Received a phone call but was told that follow up emails and snail mail would come within the next week. :)

OOS
GPA: 3.75c/3.68sci
MCAT: 25O

Good luck everyone else!! Been accepted here and at SLU and liked both schools.

Interviewed yesterday and was told the next batch of emails will go out December 17th, give or a take a day. Good Luck everyone.

Hey all,

Anyone else still anxiously awaiting an interview invite from Mizzou!? I was wondering if anyone knew how often the Adcom meets, and perhaps how often they have been sending out interview invites. I'm hoping it's not too late in the cycle if I haven't gotten an interview yet :oops:

Go Tigers:)

I'm not sure how often they meet, but I would guess they are still sending out invitations. My group was told they had only accepted 10 students so far.

Interview: 11/29
Accepted: 12/2

Received a phone call but was told that follow up emails and snail mail would come within the next week. :)

OOS
GPA: 3.75c/3.68sci
MCAT: 25O

Good luck everyone else!! Been accepted here and at SLU and liked both schools.

Congratulations on the acceptances! Do you mind if I ask about your EC's.

Hey all,

Anyone else still anxiously awaiting an interview invite from Mizzou!? I was wondering if anyone knew how often the Adcom meets, and perhaps how often they have been sending out interview invites. I'm hoping it's not too late in the cycle if I haven't gotten an interview yet :oops:

Go Tigers:)

I'm still waiting too, I can't even count how many times a day I check my email solely to see if there is one from MU sitting in there... :oops:

I was complete in October :eek: but OME assured me that I would get an interview.

I too am interested in when Adcom/OME meets and their interview schedule... Anyone know?

Last edited:
I'm not sure how often they meet, but I would guess they are still sending out invitations. My group was told they had only accepted 10 students so far.

When I called OME on the 12/1 they told me the same thing - only 10 students so far had been accepted... just wanted to confirm that. But that's most likely changed by now.

I just got an interview date for Jan 25. I was told that it would be with AdCom members. Do the AdCom members usually do the interviews? I'm so excited for this interview because this school is my first choice and I am oos.

I just got an interview date for Jan 25. I was told that it would be with AdCom members. Do the AdCom members usually do the interviews? I'm so excited for this interview because this school is my first choice and I am oos.

Nice!! Congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking, when were you complete? :)

Hey there future M1s!
I'm currently in my first year here at Mizzou as an OOS student. I know this may be a little early, but for those of you who are accepted, especially the OOS who want to get a head start on establishing residency, I have a 3 br 2 bath house that I live in and would love to have some fellow med students as roomies. If anyone would be interested in this, PM me for more info.

Also, if anyone has any kinds of questions about Mizzou, I would be more than happy to answer them.

Good luck to everyone! Its a long and tiring process but it definitely is worth it in the end :)

The committee meets once a month to decide on acceptances. This coming thursday is the next meeting and anyone who has already interviewed can expect to hear back on friday afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.