-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread
Started by Myuu
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Interview invites from CP and UP (complete on 7/22; 3.9/35/international)! Kind of needed good news amidst all the failures in lab these last few days... Treated colleagues to lunch in celebration and can't wait to visit. 🙂
whoaaa both? nice!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview invites from CP and UP (complete on 7/22; 3.9/35/international)! Kind of needed good news amidst all the failures in lab these last few days... Treated colleagues to lunch in celebration and can't wait to visit. 🙂
Congrats! Not even gonna pretend I'm not jealous though 😳 Did you find out through iapply or email?
Thanks, Illinois2012! Got an e-mail saying my status on iapply has been updated. Iapply status said both CP and UP want to schedule interviews, and linked me to the letter of invitation.
That's awesome. Good luck on the interviews. Hoping I get some love from case too

Quality research experience over quantity publications. The purpose of our program is to train students in rigorous research techniques. Good research sometimes goes unpublished, and vice-versa. As such, IMHO you are right - there is no "X" required amount of publications. I personally would rather see people interview here with meaningful, and modest, research experiences where the person learns a great deal RATHER than a person who superficially is involved in a massive yet "high-impact" journal publication who personally learns almost nothing of value. Good luck.
Thanks vc7777. Makes me feel a little bit better as I have been working off and on again on the same research project that most likely will not see a publication for a long while. Learned more about tissue slide prep then I ever wanted to know and can do immunohistochemical staining in my sleep. Learned tons and can apply it so I hope this counts for something.
Hmmm...I was expecting there to be like ten more people posting that they got interviews by now. This is making me anxious and obsessive haha
Hmmm...I was expecting there to be like ten more people posting that they got interviews by now. This is making me anxious and obsessive haha
Same. Its been too quiet

Hmmm...I was expecting there to be like ten more people posting that they got interviews by now. This is making me anxious and obsessive haha
My bad, I got one yesterday! Woo Hoo!!
I was complete either last friday or sometime over the weekend...so if I was going to get good news I was under the impression that it would come this week based on how fast others had heard back. Maybe they are swamped now. Who knows...
Last edited:
I was complete either last friday or sometime over the weekend...so if I was going to get good news I was under the impression that it would come this week based on how fast others had heard back. Maybe they are swamped now. Who knows...
It took about a week or two turnaround time for the interview
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was marked complete on the 27th still haven't heard anything either.
same but i'm hearing that some people can have a quick turnaround while the rest of us can wait for eons
welp i'm out of the college track running. here's to hoping for luck with the UP track! good luck to the rest of you guys!
yay II for CCLCM! i am puuuumped.
nice! May i ask when you were complete?
7/25
Hmmm...ambiguous posts are ambiguous. 😏
If you have posted in the past, I don't know, few days and DIDN'T state explicitly whether you are referring to CP or UP...I think either editing your post (if you have the ability) or posting again, self-quoting would be helpful to others on here. 🙂
If you have posted in the past, I don't know, few days and DIDN'T state explicitly whether you are referring to CP or UP...I think either editing your post (if you have the ability) or posting again, self-quoting would be helpful to others on here. 🙂
🙁 ---> 🙂Rejected from CCLCM ...And [UP invite] came!
🙂Interview invites from CP and UP
🙂 <-- Ambiguous smiley for you - person who doesn't say where you are interviewing? 😛My bad, I got one yesterday! Woo Hoo!!
This smiley is assuming you got a UP interview a week and a half ago --> 🙂Got II a week and a half ago 🙂
🙁 <-- hoping you have better luck at UPwelp i'm out of the college track running..
🙂 <--- Ambiguous smiley for you too!invited!!!!
Unambiguous smiley for you --> 😀yay II for CCLCM! i am puuuumped.

interview invites for CCLCM and UP 8/2
Fee paid (so I submitted 2ndary) 7/24
2ndary marked complete 7/27
i received an email saying my status had been updated.
when i saw the email i was like
but then i thought hey maybe if it's a "no" it won't be for both
and then i checked and my teeth took up half my face like this 😀
there was no one in lab that late so i jumped around like ***** briefly then treated myself to a coke from the caf. i feel like i want to hug the whole state of ohio right now.
Fee paid (so I submitted 2ndary) 7/24
2ndary marked complete 7/27
i received an email saying my status had been updated.
when i saw the email i was like
but then i thought hey maybe if it's a "no" it won't be for both
and then i checked and my teeth took up half my face like this 😀there was no one in lab that late so i jumped around like ***** briefly then treated myself to a coke from the caf. i feel like i want to hug the whole state of ohio right now.
Congrats to everyone with interviews!
Has anyone received this e-mail??
Dear [My name]
Thank you for your interest in Case Western! Our records indicate that you have not submitted your secondary application. We strongly encourage you to submit it soon as we look forward to learning more about you!
I got it two days ago. Not sure if it means anything...
Has anyone received this e-mail??
Dear [My name]
Thank you for your interest in Case Western! Our records indicate that you have not submitted your secondary application. We strongly encourage you to submit it soon as we look forward to learning more about you!
I got it two days ago. Not sure if it means anything...
Congrats to everyone with interviews!
Has anyone received this e-mail??
Dear [My name]
Thank you for your interest in Case Western! Our records indicate that you have not submitted your secondary application. We strongly encourage you to submit it soon as we look forward to learning more about you!
I got it two days ago. Not sure if it means anything...
received it too. don't think it means anything, probably just an automatic reminder.
Interviews for both!!!!
Im so happy. I thought i would get rejected!
👍👍👍
Go get them BMEN!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
👍👍👍
Go get them BMEN!!!
Getting the rejection from Tulane hurt my psyche

Then i saw the numbers i went oh nvm then
I was on a plane when i get this email. I shouted "Efff YEA!" really loud by accident. I got strange looks but i dont care!
Rejected by CP but interview invite by UP. Anyone else feel like it's going to a very long September?
Congrats to all of you with interviews! It seems like everybody's getting some love from Case except me haha. Hope I can join the party soon.
Hey CCLCMer(s), too late to add CCLCM and submit a secondary?
I've been at a Venture Capital firm for the past two years and am just starting healthcare services research/quality improvement implementation work at Vandy this year as I apply.
I am very interested in research and advancement of healthcare services and delivery research but haven't completed anything yet though I expect the work to be very fruitful.
My VC role in many ways involved researching interesting healthcare businesses, but this was focused on investment diligence (vetting the technology, understanding customer metrics, conducting physician/hospital admin interviews etc.). I have also done research in a molecular biology lab about five years ago which is NOT the type of research I envision myself doing longer term but probably fits the "Research" essay better.
Any guidance on whether or not it makes sense to give this a shot? 😕 I am sure by the time I would interview, I would have interesting things to talk about (but likely not results).
I've been at a Venture Capital firm for the past two years and am just starting healthcare services research/quality improvement implementation work at Vandy this year as I apply.
I am very interested in research and advancement of healthcare services and delivery research but haven't completed anything yet though I expect the work to be very fruitful.
My VC role in many ways involved researching interesting healthcare businesses, but this was focused on investment diligence (vetting the technology, understanding customer metrics, conducting physician/hospital admin interviews etc.). I have also done research in a molecular biology lab about five years ago which is NOT the type of research I envision myself doing longer term but probably fits the "Research" essay better.
Any guidance on whether or not it makes sense to give this a shot? 😕 I am sure by the time I would interview, I would have interesting things to talk about (but likely not results).
Last edited:
Hey CCLCMer(s), too late to add CCLCM and submit a secondary?
I've been at a Venture Capital firm for the past two years and am just starting healthcare services research/quality improvement implementation work at Vandy this year as I apply.
I am very interested in research and advancement of healthcare services and delivery research but haven't completed anything yet though I expect the work to be very fruitful.
My VC role in many ways involved researching interesting healthcare businesses, but this was focused on investment diligence (vetting the technology, understanding customer metrics, conducting physician/hospital admin interviews etc.). I have also done research in a molecular biology lab about five years ago which is NOT the type of research I envision myself doing longer term but probably fits the "Research" essay better.
Any guidance on whether or not it makes sense to give this a shot? 😕 I am sure by the time I would interview, I would have interesting things to talk about (but likely not results).
If you ask me, it's still not too late. The research stuff sounds pretty interesting, but like you said the bio stuff is probably more direct. IIRC though somebody did say on here that the research need not be bio or even science.
Good luck with whatever you decide. Your background definitely sounds interesting. If I was reviewing an app it'd probably catch my eye.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but med school just got more expensive if you need loans.🙁
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44009198/ns/business-personal_finance/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44009198/ns/business-personal_finance/
Agh completed dates of these new interview invite people so I can keep neuroticing with speculations for myself
Don't do it. We do not go in a date-based order.
Don't do it. We do not go in a date-based order.
Hmm may I ask what sort of order is used just for curiosity. There must be method to the mayhem =P
Short answer: this is not a linear, time-invariant system. And from systems theory, this means you cannot apply a simple "formula" to the "input" order of the applications to predict the output. Sorry.Hmm may I ask what sort of order is used just for curiosity. There must be method to the mayhem =P
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but med school just got more expensive if you need loans.🙁
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44009198/ns/business-personal_finance/
Hey Midfield, how's life? 🙂 We haven't seen you since the last thread. What's up?do you guys know how long the interview day lasts? and also is their only one major airport? thanks!
CP or UP?
There is only Hopkins Airport, really. Easy to take train to school and back.
There is Akron, but it is about 50 mins away with traffic but it is teeny tiny and you would have to take a cab. This is tricky getting there and back - although I hear the tix are cheap. I DO NOT recommend this.
Alright so change in my plans
CP interview-9/12
UP interview-10/21
Had to split them up : (. reason being. October is a bad month for me in terms of missing school already. I have two conferences and one thing that month so missing a full week of school wasnt going to sit well with me.
Vc777 or Myu: So I have a bit of a personal dilemma. On my AMCAS i stupidly forgot to include my shadowing experience and all the conferences i have had abstracts and posters presented 🙁. Would this be reason enough to send both tracks a PDF with this information as an update? I read the guidelines for updates and one of them is offered an interview, so I am wondering if now or ever would be appropriate.
Thanks !
CP interview-9/12
UP interview-10/21
Had to split them up : (. reason being. October is a bad month for me in terms of missing school already. I have two conferences and one thing that month so missing a full week of school wasnt going to sit well with me.
Vc777 or Myu: So I have a bit of a personal dilemma. On my AMCAS i stupidly forgot to include my shadowing experience and all the conferences i have had abstracts and posters presented 🙁. Would this be reason enough to send both tracks a PDF with this information as an update? I read the guidelines for updates and one of them is offered an interview, so I am wondering if now or ever would be appropriate.
Thanks !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
" 🙂 <-- Ambiguous smiley for you - person who doesn't say where you are interviewing? 😛 "
😛 Whoops! I'm interviewing for the university track.
Complete 7/27
Interview Invite 8/02
Very excited! Wasn't expecting this one at ALL and can't wait to check out Case!
Anyone know about the double tree (is it pretty close)? Everything on campus filled up already for my interview date. Thanks!
😛 Whoops! I'm interviewing for the university track.
Complete 7/27
Interview Invite 8/02
Very excited! Wasn't expecting this one at ALL and can't wait to check out Case!
Anyone know about the double tree (is it pretty close)? Everything on campus filled up already for my interview date. Thanks!
Alright so change in my plans
CP interview-9/12
UP interview-10/21
Had to split them up : (. reason being. October is a bad month for me in terms of missing school already. I have two conferences and one thing that month so missing a full week of school wasnt going to sit well with me.
Vc777 or Myu: So I have a bit of a personal dilemma. On my AMCAS i stupidly forgot to include my shadowing experience and all the conferences i have had abstracts and posters presented 🙁. Would this be reason enough to send both tracks a PDF with this information as an update? I read the guidelines for updates and one of them is offered an interview, so I am wondering if now or ever would be appropriate.
Thanks !
I would suggest, IMHO, you save it for the interview. You are not going to "convince" anyone of anything more at this stage. There is no better outcome at this stage. You have piqued our interest (both programs). If you run out of things to talk about, then I would suggest you bring it up then. 🙂
Also, I presume you have already modified the dates? It is indeed your choice - but I am not sure that is the most compelling reason - given the cost of two trips? 😕
" 🙂 <-- Ambiguous smiley for you - person who doesn't say where you are interviewing? 😛 "
😛 Whoops! I'm interviewing for the university track.
Complete 7/27
Interview Invite 8/02
Very excited! Wasn't expecting this one at ALL and can't wait to check out Case!
Anyone know about the double tree (is it pretty close)? Everything on campus filled up already for my interview date. Thanks!
Sweet!
and..
Guess what!
Top!
Indeed...those may be the best kind of ninjas, but THESE turtles are still better...lameturtle.jpg
The best kind of ninjas!!!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K