You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Somebody dropped out of 12/9 spot... Thanks! I got a chance to fill the whole!!!!!
Anybody stayed at Tazwell hotel? If so, how is it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know what's up: I interviewed on Oct 12th and just got a letter stating I will be waitlisted. I called multiple times and was told I had a great interview! (38R, IS, 3.6) Should I call and ask for some feedback? Any ideas?
Chill out. Pestering further will give you a bad rep.I don't know what's up: I interviewed on Oct 12th and just got a letter stating I will be waitlisted. I called multiple times and was told I had a great interview! (38R, IS, 3.6) Should I call and ask for some feedback? Any ideas?
D
deleted261193
i stayed there. i happened to find parking across the street, but otherwise i don't think they have parking (if you are driving there). it's pretty decent. the elevators are a bit sketch, but i assume you'r eonly staying for like a night or two at max, so it's not *abysmal*. its also near a subway and some other food places for easy meals. and it's part of the "exciting" part of norfolk (i think) on granby, so maybe you'lll see some fun things (when i went, there was some kind of parade and lots of people shouting and playing trumpets).
I called over a month ago, they said that I would get an interview but could not tell me when...I haven't heard anything since then. Is the status update by email, phone, mail, or do we have to check online?
I received an interview invite via email. When I called to schedule, they only had two dates available for Dec which I could not do and they do not have interview dates set yet for January. They took down my name and phone number and I was told I would be notified again (via phone, I suppose?) in mid-December when January dates were available...
So more waiting, haha~ I was surprised they didn't have all the dates lined up yet~
So more waiting, haha~ I was surprised they didn't have all the dates lined up yet~
Hey lizzydarcy, I had my interview originally scheduled on Dec 16th but had to reschedule and they told me to call back in mid december, didn't tell me exactly when. Could you post on here when they get back to you about the Jan. dates. would really appreciate it.
Hey lizzydarcy, I had my interview originally scheduled on Dec 16th but had to reschedule and they told me to call back in mid december, didn't tell me exactly when. Could you post on here when they get back to you about the Jan. dates. would really appreciate it.
Yeah, they didn't give me a specific date either. All they said was "mid-December"... Sorry, I couldn't be more helpful!
Hi Guys,
I have my interview scheduled for this coming friday, 12/9/11. This is my first interview. I am sort of nervous :-/ Any feedback from the folks who have been recently interviewed would be appreciated!
I have my interview scheduled for this coming friday, 12/9/11. This is my first interview. I am sort of nervous :-/ Any feedback from the folks who have been recently interviewed would be appreciated!
There will be an ethical question but relax it won't be too crazy (think informed consent, confidentiality, telling the truth, abortion). Just explain yourself and think about the question rather than some off the cuff things. Other probable questions- why EVMS, why medicine, what does a physician do/role in the community, etc.
Overall the interview was the best part of the whole day I thought. Cool campus for sure.
Overall the interview was the best part of the whole day I thought. Cool campus for sure.
Hi Guys,
I have my interview scheduled for this coming friday, 12/9/11. This is my first interview. I am sort of nervous :-/ Any feedback from the folks who have been recently interviewed would be appreciated!
I studied the AMA Code of Ethics like mad but they asked me about heath care reform instead. Oops. I would say the AMA Code of Ethics would be a good reference source for ethical questions. Good for future interviews.
There will be an ethical question but relax it won't be too crazy (think informed consent, confidentiality, telling the truth, abortion). Just explain yourself and think about the question rather than some off the cuff things. Other probable questions- why EVMS, why medicine, what does a physician do/role in the community, etc.
Overall the interview was the best part of the whole day I thought. Cool campus for sure.
+1. Just had my interview today and was the only west coast person in the group lol. The interview was definitely the best part of my day. I was still so happy that the 10 hr trip back to LA wasn't bad at all! But now I'm pooped.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
accepted!
congrats mate. When did you interview? I heard that if you get rejected, is via email. If accepted or wait listed, is via snail mail. So I am hoping for the mail. Is it a big packet or just a letter? I don't want to know the answer before i open the letter, haha. Thanks
Congrats again
Called today, waitlisted, upper 1/3, oos male
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. when did you interview? when I was there they said there was a decent amount of of room left for OOS students, so i'm sure the waitlist will see some movement! best of luck!

Deleted.
Last edited:
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. when did you interview? when I was there they said there was a decent amount of of room left for OOS students, so i'm sure the waitlist will see some movement! best of luck!![]()
No worries man, I interviewed on 11/18. I assume u were out partying haha. Thanks man. they said there might be some movement in march. It is going to be a long wait until then.
Got email to call and set up interview. Set up for 1/4/12 and really looking forward to it. cGPA 3.95 sci 3.95 30 O and IS.
Got email to call and set up interview. Set up for 1/4/12 and really looking forward to it. cGPA 3.95 sci 3.95 30 O and IS.
Congratulations!
When did you call? I received an interview invite email a couple weeks ago but was told if I was interested in a January interview, I would be contacted again later in mid-December... I'm guessing they have the interviews scheduled now so I should try calling on Monday...
if any females are interviewing on Jan 11th and are interested in splitting a room, PM me. thanks!
Waitlisted 🙁 Interviewed 12/9/11.. just called to find out.. may be I shouldn't have...
Can anyone comment on the student host program?
Waitlisted 🙁 Interviewed 12/9/11.. just called to find out.. may be I shouldn't have...
Also interviewed 12/09/11 and also waitlisted, got the letter today.


Can anyone comment on the student host program?
Do they have one??
If not, I am a female flying in on Jan 24 for a Jan 25 interview, if anyone wants to share a hotel room let me know!
Do they have one??
If not, I am a female flying in on Jan 24 for a Jan 25 interview, if anyone wants to share a hotel room let me know!
Yes, its on the website that is linked in the II email.
I have my interview on Wednesday January 4th and I was wondering if anyone wanted to split a hotel with me (females only please). Also if there are any med students that wouldn't mind me spending the night, just let me know. It would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey so I called a week ago and was told that I would get an interview but they did not know when... I saw that other people received this message as well. Did all of you end up getting interviews?? Or are they just saying this to everyone? Because I was really excited and then read some posts on here and was a little discouraged...🙁
Hey so I called a week ago and was told that I would get an interview but they did not know when... I saw that other people received this message as well. Did all of you end up getting interviews?? Or are they just saying this to everyone? Because I was really excited and then read some posts on here and was a little discouraged...🙁
Yep, same thing happened to me. You should be getting an email soon 🙂
Yep, same thing happened to me. You should be getting an email soon 🙂
Thanks! That makes me feel better. I was hoping that they didn't just tell me that and then I never got an interview 🙂 I'm anxiously awaiting that email!
Thanks! That makes me feel better. I was hoping that they didn't just tell me that and then I never got an interview 🙂 I'm anxiously awaiting that email!
Yea i called and heard the same answer ask you and got the interview invite email a week or so later, i can't remember. but yes you will eventually get one, i think. good luck
Hi. I submitted my secondary a while ago and I today logged into the website to check the status of my application and it says thank you for submitting your secondary, we will email you when your application is complete.
But I never received a complete email. does this mean all this time I have not been complete? LORs have been assigned. what else do they need?
But I never received a complete email. does this mean all this time I have not been complete? LORs have been assigned. what else do they need?
I received an e-mail from them signifying that I was complete about a week after submitting my secondary. I would call the admissions office (# provided in secondary invitation) and just ask if they could check on your status or give you some idea of what's going on.
Hope everything works out!
Hope everything works out!
Interviewed mid-Dec. and called today. Waitlisted on upper 1/3 🙁 Hoping for the best though 



Those of you who got an interview - were you called, or emailed? Is there a certain time that EVMS sends the invites out? Like I know VCU sends updates after 6pm. Does EVMS have a specific time they do as well?
I was emailed and then I called to schedule my interview. I was complete early october and received an invite around thanksgiving.
if any females are interested in splitting a hotel room on Tuesday, Jan 10, PM me! thanks.
I got an email last month saying that i was invited to call and set up an interview with them for january over the phone. Called and set it up, and was very impressed with the schoolThose of you who got an interview - were you called, or emailed? Is there a certain time that EVMS sends the invites out? Like I know VCU sends updates after 6pm. Does EVMS have a specific time they do as well?
Sry for lste reply. Not sure if still relevent, but i got email on the 12 thish of december to email themCongratulations!
When did you call? I received an interview invite email a couple weeks ago but was told if I was interested in a January interview, I would be contacted again later in mid-December... I'm guessing they have the interviews scheduled now so I should try calling on Monday...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my interview! Super excited andwishing for the best! Have any of you had any luck with student hosts? I put in an app for it today but should I book a hotel too?
I put in a request 2 weeks before and they were able to pair me up with someone pretty quick. Gave me a notice a week prior.
To my shock and surprise, i received a phone call today for an interview with EVMS on 1/20/12...i am very excited and will be flying out to the east coast on Thursday (my university begins class next week and I'm already missing...oh well! 🙂). Any tips or heads-up info EVMS that would be helpful for the interview??
Good luck to everyone else who is going to interview and congrats to those that can breath easy already!
Good luck to everyone else who is going to interview and congrats to those that can breath easy already!
D
deleted261193
it was my fav interview day. i really clicked with the people in my group. the simulated patient experience was super fun. you only get to see one of the hospitals; if you have time, i'd recommend going to see the other one too as they're all pretty close by. campus is very homey feeling. also, parking can be annoying / same with finding the building so make sure you're early.
for the actual interview: it's panel. you will get tough questions. be confident ni your answers, even if they try to lead you down a bad road.
if you *really* want to get in, be sure to click with the mission. i felt like i missed that a bit, which is why i got waitlisted (upper third though). for me at least, i got pretty instantaneous interview feedback (like after they grilled me on my thoughts on us healthcare, we just all sat and kind of talked about it, and they told me what they liked about my answer and what they thought too).
for the actual interview: it's panel. you will get tough questions. be confident ni your answers, even if they try to lead you down a bad road.
if you *really* want to get in, be sure to click with the mission. i felt like i missed that a bit, which is why i got waitlisted (upper third though). for me at least, i got pretty instantaneous interview feedback (like after they grilled me on my thoughts on us healthcare, we just all sat and kind of talked about it, and they told me what they liked about my answer and what they thought too).
I sent an email to withdraw from EVMS in October after a couple other acceptances, but today I got an interview invite for February. Maybe the second email saying I'm withdrawing will stick, and hopefully that opens a spot for someone who really wants to go to this school!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K