2011-2012 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was complete on August 3rd (almost 3 months ago now), and haven't heard a word from EVMS since then. I was assuming that I had been rejected pre-interview, but it seems like maybe that is not the case. Is this possible?

Members don't see this ad.

So I was complete on August 3rd (almost 3 months ago now), and haven't heard a word from EVMS since then. I was assuming that I had been rejected pre-interview, but it seems like maybe that is not the case. Is this possible?

I was complete on august 9, and I haven't formally heard anything since. Although when I called yesterday, I was told that I had an interview and I should get an email within the next day or so.

So call, and see where your application is. EVMS is very receptive to this because they have no status website.

I just called to check my status (post-secondary) -- they said I will be invited for interview, but they can't say when.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted upper third. I can live with that just fine now

In state waitlisted upper third. Anyone know if the upper third list has a lot of movement?

In state waitlisted upper third. Anyone know if the upper third list has a lot of movement?

It really depends... There probably won't be MUCH movement until May 15. My friend was on the upper third of the WL last cycle (IS male) and never got in... That's not to say people don't get in! I'm sure a lot come from the WL -- last cycle it seemed there was more OOS movement than IS. It's just a waiting game now... good luck!!

I just called and they said the same thing, that I'll be given an interview. They just don't know when.

EVMS! Why you tease me!

I have another friend who was on wait list (IS female), not sure if she was top 1/3 or not, prbly, but she got in around june

hmm looks like everyone who called said "they will be getting an interview" but not sure when. I wonder if they say this to everyone.

Cancelled my interview and withdrew my application today after receiving an acceptance at another school. Best of luck to everyone else!

I received an II yesterday and scheduled it in November. I'm so excited! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm looks like everyone who called said "they will be getting an interview" but not sure when. I wonder if they say this to everyone.

I hope the interviews are real... I can't see why they'd tell us this, and then No interview. So weird.

well i was wondering why i never got a complete notice (lol) but i just got a call today about an interview invite, so apparently i'm complete!

well i was wondering why i never got a complete notice (lol) but i just got a call today about an interview invite, so apparently i'm complete!

They call you for interview invites! thats sick. do you have to pick a date on the phone?

i guess they call, haha. i didn't pick up because i was in lab, but i was left a voice message to call back. i called back and they were like hey we want to interview you! they asked me to do it next week but since i'm in CA right now, i said no. then we looked at november and they were able to place me with a date i like. so i guess they try to assign you a date but you can pick another one if it doesn't work out. they only interview on weds and fri.

i forgot to ask, so to anyone who's interviewed here: are there student hosts?

Called in today! ACCEPTED- Going to be a doctor! w00t! :)

So if anyone else is waiting for the acceptance letter, they were apparently sent today, 10/21, out to those students accepted!

I kept checking my mail all week all for no reason ! :p

accepted!!!! first school that I've been accepted to. Interviewed less than 2 weeks ago... pretty quick.

accepted!!!! first school that I've been accepted to. Interviewed less than 2 weeks ago... pretty quick.

Did you call to find out? I interviewed last week and already the wait is killing me. I LOVED this school and am really hoping for an acceptance! :xf:

Last I called they said I'd get an interview. I'm still waiting for that interview call... All this waiting... I'm tempted to call again to make sure it was real lol.

Yes.. I called. They said they had mailed out decisions already, but I hadn't gotten it yet and I was tired of waiting.

Last I called they said I'd get an interview. I'm still waiting for that interview call... All this waiting... I'm tempted to call again to make sure it was real lol.

lol i think everyone who called for thier status was told they will be "given an interview" im not sure if its real though...it may be...when did you call??

lol i think everyone who called for thier status was told they will be "given an interview" im not sure if its real though...it may be...when did you call??

They told me I would get an interview as well, I'm thinking maybe they tell everyone that.

..so I tried to weasle my way into asking for the post-interview decision via email, but they requested I called in instead. One phone call later..acceptance!!

I was a bit too happy to ask how the deposit would work. I won't be home to pick up the mail until next month. Can someone fill me in on this?

I just got the acceptance paperwork in the mail and it says you only have 10 days to respond otherwise they give your spot to someone else. I would call the admissions office and explain your situation. I'm sure that if you tell them you're away they will help you figure out a way around this dilemma.

I interviewed on 9/21 and found out ~ 1 week ago that I was accepted. By the way, I've been accepted to one other school so far and truthfully am leaning toward the other school that has accepted me so one of you will likely be getting my spot.

So I just called the office and got the same good news.."you will be getting an interview invite, we just don't have a schedule yet". I want to believe they're telling the truth so now we just have to wait.

Good luck to everyone!

So I just called the office and got the same good news.."you will be getting an interview invite, we just don't have a schedule yet". I want to believe they're telling the truth so now we just have to wait.

Good luck to everyone!

I hope so too. Why would they lie? :(. I called exactly a week ago and I've been waiting by the phone since ahhh

I hope so too. Why would they lie? :(. I called exactly a week ago and I've been waiting by the phone since ahhh

I'm sure they wouldn't lie...we just have to wait it out and stay excited until the invite actually comes!

How have OOS applicants fared so far? Anyone accepted, waitlisted, rejected yet?

congratulations to all those with II and those people who were told that they will get an interview! :luck:

EDIT: I am actually complete...sorry. I got the email, but the status never changed.

Last edited:
OOS II today, scheduled for 11-9. Any advice traveling here from the west? I want some more info about Norfolk as well! Feels good :)

err... not sure what is going on at this school. I was envious of you guys' success and I thought I would be patient (complete since mid-July). Unfortunately, my rowdy, senseless side took over and forced me to call. They said interview....later on...so I suppose you must call to get an interview at this point. Anyways, congrats to all the recent invites.

Like many others, I called last week to check my status and was told I'd get an interview. Invite yesterday. If anyone's interviewing 11/30 and wants to split hotel the night before, PM me.

anyone know anything about financial aid here? the oos price tag is big, and I'm wondering if they help out at all.

anyone know anything about financial aid here? the oos price tag is big, and I'm wondering if they help out at all.

No idea, I'm waiting to see what kind of package they offer (recently sent in my deposit). I'll let you know, and shoot me a PM if you find anything out please.

Status
Not open for further replies.