You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
So I was complete on August 3rd (almost 3 months ago now), and haven't heard a word from EVMS since then. I was assuming that I had been rejected pre-interview, but it seems like maybe that is not the case. Is this possible?
I was complete on august 9, and I haven't formally heard anything since. Although when I called yesterday, I was told that I had an interview and I should get an email within the next day or so.
So call, and see where your application is. EVMS is very receptive to this because they have no status website.
I just called to check my status (post-secondary) -- they said I will be invited for interview, but they can't say when.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In state waitlisted upper third. Anyone know if the upper third list has a lot of movement?
It really depends... There probably won't be MUCH movement until May 15. My friend was on the upper third of the WL last cycle (IS male) and never got in... That's not to say people don't get in! I'm sure a lot come from the WL -- last cycle it seemed there was more OOS movement than IS. It's just a waiting game now... good luck!!
I just called to check my status (post-secondary) -- they said I will be invited for interview, but they can't say when.
Yeah, same here. It's kind of frustrating...
I just called and they said the same thing, that I'll be given an interview. They just don't know when.
EVMS! Why you tease me!
EVMS! Why you tease me!
Has anyone called and been told the are not getting an interview?
hmm looks like everyone who called said "they will be getting an interview" but not sure when. I wonder if they say this to everyone.
Cancelled my interview and withdrew my application today after receiving an acceptance at another school. Best of luck to everyone else!
hmm looks like everyone who called said "they will be getting an interview" but not sure when. I wonder if they say this to everyone.
I hope the interviews are real... I can't see why they'd tell us this, and then No interview. So weird.
D
deleted261193
well i was wondering why i never got a complete notice (lol) but i just got a call today about an interview invite, so apparently i'm complete!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well i was wondering why i never got a complete notice (lol) but i just got a call today about an interview invite, so apparently i'm complete!
They call you for interview invites! thats sick. do you have to pick a date on the phone?
D
deleted261193
i guess they call, haha. i didn't pick up because i was in lab, but i was left a voice message to call back. i called back and they were like hey we want to interview you! they asked me to do it next week but since i'm in CA right now, i said no. then we looked at november and they were able to place me with a date i like. so i guess they try to assign you a date but you can pick another one if it doesn't work out. they only interview on weds and fri.
i forgot to ask, so to anyone who's interviewed here: are there student hosts?
i forgot to ask, so to anyone who's interviewed here: are there student hosts?
Waitlisted upper 1/3rd
accepted!!!! first school that I've been accepted to. Interviewed less than 2 weeks ago... pretty quick.
Did you call to find out? I interviewed last week and already the wait is killing me. I LOVED this school and am really hoping for an acceptance!

Last I called they said I'd get an interview. I'm still waiting for that interview call... All this waiting... I'm tempted to call again to make sure it was real lol.
Yes.. I called. They said they had mailed out decisions already, but I hadn't gotten it yet and I was tired of waiting.
That's awesome!! Congrats!!!!!
D
deleted261193
anyone know about student hosts?
Last I called they said I'd get an interview. I'm still waiting for that interview call... All this waiting... I'm tempted to call again to make sure it was real lol.
lol i think everyone who called for thier status was told they will be "given an interview" im not sure if its real though...it may be...when did you call??
lol i think everyone who called for thier status was told they will be "given an interview" im not sure if its real though...it may be...when did you call??
They told me I would get an interview as well, I'm thinking maybe they tell everyone that.
..so I tried to weasle my way into asking for the post-interview decision via email, but they requested I called in instead. One phone call later..acceptance!!
I was a bit too happy to ask how the deposit would work. I won't be home to pick up the mail until next month. Can someone fill me in on this?
I just got the acceptance paperwork in the mail and it says you only have 10 days to respond otherwise they give your spot to someone else. I would call the admissions office and explain your situation. I'm sure that if you tell them you're away they will help you figure out a way around this dilemma.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on 9/21 and found out ~ 1 week ago that I was accepted. By the way, I've been accepted to one other school so far and truthfully am leaning toward the other school that has accepted me so one of you will likely be getting my spot.
So I just called the office and got the same good news.."you will be getting an interview invite, we just don't have a schedule yet". I want to believe they're telling the truth so now we just have to wait.
Good luck to everyone!
Good luck to everyone!
So I just called the office and got the same good news.."you will be getting an interview invite, we just don't have a schedule yet". I want to believe they're telling the truth so now we just have to wait.
Good luck to everyone!
I hope so too. Why would they lie? 🙁. I called exactly a week ago and I've been waiting by the phone since ahhh
I hope so too. Why would they lie? 🙁. I called exactly a week ago and I've been waiting by the phone since ahhh
I'm sure they wouldn't lie...we just have to wait it out and stay excited until the invite actually comes!
How have OOS applicants fared so far? Anyone accepted, waitlisted, rejected yet?
How have OOS applicants fared so far? Anyone accepted, waitlisted, rejected yet?
I'm OOS and accepted 🙂😀
I just called to check my status (post-secondary) -- they said I will be invited for interview, but they can't say when.
I just got the e-mail... OOS Interview Invite!
EDIT: I am actually complete...sorry. I got the email, but the status never changed.
Last edited:
Honestly, yes.I submitted quite a long time ago (late august), and I have yet to be indicated as complete...does this sound pretty odd?
OOS II today, scheduled for 11-9. Any advice traveling here from the west? I want some more info about Norfolk as well! Feels good 🙂
When were you complete?
When were you complete?
I got an OOS II today too -- I was complete 8/18 so I've been waiting a while...
When were you complete?
End of July.
I just got the e-mail... OOS Interview Invite!
Yahhh same here!! I love Virginia!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
err... not sure what is going on at this school. I was envious of you guys' success and I thought I would be patient (complete since mid-July). Unfortunately, my rowdy, senseless side took over and forced me to call. They said interview....later on...so I suppose you must call to get an interview at this point. Anyways, congrats to all the recent invites.
anyone know anything about financial aid here? the oos price tag is big, and I'm wondering if they help out at all.
No idea, I'm waiting to see what kind of package they offer (recently sent in my deposit). I'll let you know, and shoot me a PM if you find anything out please.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
