2011-2012 Johns Hopkins Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been complete here for months. I assume that's a silent rejection? :rolleyes: Or at the very least, Hopkins implying that my rejection is coming.

I submitted 8/3 and still not complete..... :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted 8/3 and still not complete..... :confused:

Nakita I feel you, I submitted 8/2 and am still not complete. I've already received an interview invite from another school that I also submitted 8/2 so this is both worrying and frustrating.

Don't lose hope guys! I was complete at the very beginning of August and just got my interview invite recently... It's definitely too early to give up hope for an interview invite

MS 1 here. Just wanted to let you all know that it's too early to give up hope. I submitted mid-August of last year. Didn't hear back until late December for an interview mid-February. I still got accepted, so don't worry too much if you haven't heard back yet :luck:

Just got my "app complete" email last week after waiting 2 months :-\. I got it the same day as UW which I completed only the week before...

Is anyone else interviewing here this Friday??

Just got my "app complete" email last week after waiting 2 months :-\. I got it the same day as UW which I completed only the week before...

I think the extremely long processing delay is a legitimate concern, its one that I hear from many students, and its an area that may be open to improvement. I can tell you that Hopkins values student input a lot and would welcome constructive criticisms and suggestions regarding the entire application process.

I think for those that have interviewed here, the general concensus is that most people REALLY enjoy their actual interview day! So, if granted an interview , I do hope that it is worth the slightly longer than optimal wait time regarding certification of application completion.

Best of luck to everyone!

I think the extremely long processing delay is a legitimate concern, its one that I hear from many students, and its an area that may be open to improvement. I can tell you that Hopkins values student input a lot and would welcome constructive criticisms and suggestions regarding the entire application process.

I think for those that have interviewed here, the general concensus is that most people REALLY enjoy their actual interview day! So, if granted an interview , I do hope that it is worth the slightly longer than optimal wait time regarding certification of application completion.

Best of luck to everyone!
Do you know when Hopkins starts notifying people? I can't wait to hear from them! :xf:

MS 1 here. Just wanted to let you all know that it's too early to give up hope. I submitted mid-August of last year. Didn't hear back until late December for an interview mid-February. I still got accepted, so don't worry too much if you haven't heard back yet :luck:

That's good to know because while riding the JHMI shuttle today, I heard a rumor that if you don't hear back from them in October, that your chances of getting invited to an interview are very slim. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know when Hopkins starts notifying people? I can't wait to hear from them! :xf:

hopkins has already started notifying people and will continue notifications likely up until February

That's good to know because while riding the JHMI shuttle today, I heard a rumor that if you don't hear back from them in October, that your chances of getting invited to an interview are very slim. :(

gotta be careful when listening to folks who are NOT on the admissions committee, or from the admissions office. That information is completely inaccurate... most people DO NOT hear back in October, students interview up until March 9th, and invites are still being sent in January and February...

most people DO NOT hear back in October, students interview up until March 9th, and invites are still being sent in January and February...

:thumbup: I think one of the fourth years who hung out with my interview group mentioned having interviewed way later in the cycle (maybe January), and it apparently worked out well for them.

hopkins has already started notifying people and will continue notifications likely up until February

gotta be careful when listening to folks who are NOT on the admissions committee, or from the admissions office. That information is completely inaccurate... most people DO NOT hear back in October, students interview up until March 9th, and invites are still being sent in January and February...
How is this possible? No one can hear until the earliest of Oct 15th... :confused: I meant of acceptances/waitlists/rejections - maybe that wasn't clear, sorry.

At my interview last week we were told the committee would be meeting to discuss our group at the end of November -- so it looks like decisions are made at least a month (or more) after the interview.

Edited to add that I can't believe how much I loved Hopkins!!! Very excited to hear back as well.

Last edited:
Rxn, maybe early decision?

How is this possible? No one can hear until the earliest of Oct 15th... :confused: I meant of acceptances/waitlists/rejections - maybe that wasn't clear, sorry.

communication error on my part, you asked about when Hopkins would be notifying students when other posts were asking about being notified of application completion, interview invite, etc.... sorry about that, I misinterpreted what you were asking... yes, notification of acceptances will likely begin next week! :thumbup:

At my interview last week we were told the committee would be meeting to discuss our group at the end of November -- so it looks like decisions are made at least a month (or more) after the interview.

Edited to add that I can't believe how much I loved Hopkins!!! Very excited to hear back as well.

:thumbup:

communication error on my part, you asked about when Hopkins would be notifying students when other posts were asking about being notified of application completion, interview invite, etc.... sorry about that, I misinterpreted what you were asking... yes, notification of acceptances will likely begin next week! :thumbup:
Awesome! Thanks for the clarification. :)

finally complete! Secondary submitted mid-july, and recommendations submitted sept. 1

anyone interviewing here this thursday and going to greeters the night before??

O.M.G. I AM SHAKING RIGHT NOW!

ACCEPTED TO JHU! :laugh: Is this a joke? I feel like this has to be a prank... Unbelievable! :eek:

CONGRATS!!! :D

I also interviewed 9/8! Hmm, I wonder who you are. Male or female? I'll give the hint that I wore a blue shirt with a red tie. ;)
Congrats! Yay!!! We had a good group. Glad to know someone else that got accepted

Female... Black pants/blazer, white button up... red hair :)

Congrats! Yay!!! We had a good group. Glad to know someone else that got accepted

Ah yeah, I remember who you are. :) I sent you a message!

Anyways, good luck to everyone still waiting to hear from Hopkins! :luck:

CONGRATS!!! :D

I also interviewed 9/8! Hmm, I wonder who you are. Male or female? I'll give the hint that I wore a blue shirt with a red tie. ;)

Congratulations to you both! :thumbup: "N", I'm calling you now...

congrats on the acceptances!

... on the other end of the spectrum here. submitted 8/4 and have yet to be marked complete :confused:

Last edited:
Wow, so much movement on this thread.

For those of you who used a fee waiver, does your status say "Application Complete" as well as "Application Fee: Not Received"? I had experienced a fee waiver glitch a couple of months ago, received an "app complete" e-mail, followed by radio silence.

Not sure if the "not received" is normal, or whether my app has fallen in between cybershelves.

Wow, so much movement on this thread.

For those of you who used a fee waiver, does your status say "Application Complete" as well as "Application Fee: Not Received"? I had experienced a fee waiver glitch a couple of months ago, received an "app complete" e-mail, followed by radio silence.

Not sure if the "not received" is normal, or whether my app has fallen in between cybershelves.

I sent them the e-mail requesting the fee to be waived prior to submitting like instructed and once they replied I pressed submit. My status is "Submitted". Not to be snarky, but did you follow the instructions to get the JHU fee waiver?

I sent them the e-mail requesting the fee to be waived prior to submitting like instructed and once they replied I pressed submit. My status is "Submitted". Not to be snarky, but did you follow the instructions to get the JHU fee waiver?

Technically, Copacetic, you can't submit without following their instructions. Here's what happened:

1) I e-mailed.
2) They confirmed.
3) I tried to submit. Did not work.
4) Waited a couple of days to see what would happen. Still didn't work.
5) E-mailed them again. They were unsure about what had happened, but prompt in (re?)processing the waiver.
6) Submitted successfully.
7) Some time later, received an "application complete" e-mail.

My status now reads:

Submission Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: ##/##/2011 ##:##:## PM EST

Application Status: Completed on ##/##/2011
Application Fee: Not Received

I suppose I can always call and ask, but I figure it's probably normal.

Same for me. Not too worried though since i know everyone else is still waiting to get complete and they're not going to fill up their class with people who submitted before august :)

:thumbup: Agree completely. Fourth-year at Hopkins here; I didn't even submit my secondary until the middle of October, didn't get an invitation to interview until early-January, didn't actually interview until mid February, and didn't get notification of acceptance until early April.

All that to say - patience! It's hard to wait, but you've got a large part of the admissions season ahead of you. Meanwhile, enjoy the last year of college or work or whatever; the rest will work itself out.

:thumbup: Agree completely. Fourth-year at Hopkins here; I didn't even submit my secondary until the middle of October, didn't get an invitation to interview until early-January, didn't actually interview until mid February, and didn't get notification of acceptance until early April.

All that to say - patience! It's hard to wait, but you've got a large part of the admissions season ahead of you. Meanwhile, enjoy the last year of college or work or whatever; the rest will work itself out.

THANK YOU! for that post...loved reading that amongst all the other madness that is SDN..:)

Just moved to complete status on 10/17/11. I submitted everything on 8/2. Have no idea why it took so long but now the wait begins.

Rejected :( (The first round of letters were mailed out Monday.)

Status
Not open for further replies.