You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Johns Hopkins University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
for MSTP applicants: i got the email too (where they will call us for interview or mail us the rejection. but never got a complete email even tho my app. page says submitted... is that email the completion email?[/QUOTEI
I got the same email stating that the committee received all of my documents and that I would be reviewed, implying that my application was complete. Therefore, if you got that same email then presumably you are also complete.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We had our first interview date for the MSTP this week and they will continue through January- just wanted to let you know for your information. Good luck to everyone and hope to see you in Baltimore soon!Yeah, I've also been wondering about this.
Also, the fact that they call for interview invites makes me jump every time my phone rings.
If anyone has any questions (especially MD/PhD specific) feel free to message me.
So excited, got an II last night for 10/11, can't wait, but also hoping not to screw it up
congrats! when were u complete?
congrats! when were u complete?
Submitted the secondary 8/24, got the email I was complete 9/10, and the II four days later...so I guess they had started reading my app before that
Submitted the secondary 8/24, got the email I was complete 9/10, and the II four days later...so I guess they had started reading my app before that
3.8 sGPA/37R MCAT/URM

I think you could've applied to all Top 20 schools and still get 20 IIs. Holy, man, nice work.
3.8 sGPA/37R MCAT/URM
I think you could've applied to all Top 20 schools and still get 20 IIs. Holy, man, nice work.
Haha, thanks, I see someone has been doing their creeping
Submitted the secondary 8/24, got the email I was complete 9/10, and the II four days later...so I guess they had started reading my app before that
congrats! and thanks for the info 🙂
Man, Johns Hopkins is slow! Other schools started emailing me that my application was complete on August 29, and I just got got the confirmation of complete application from Johns Hopkins today.
Man, Johns Hopkins is slow! Other schools started emailing me that my application was complete on August 29, and I just got got the confirmation of complete application from Johns Hopkins today.
Yup, pretty slow. It can be frustrating but hopefully it'll be worth the wait for you.
Yup, pretty slow. It can be frustrating but hopefully it'll be worth the wait for you.
I creeped a bit and saw that you matriculated at hopkins. Would you mind going over (briefly) how extensive your ECs were? I feel like top tier schools are looking for that extra umph because all applicants seem to have good stats once you go high enough.
Yup, pretty slow. It can be frustrating but hopefully it'll be worth the wait for you.
Thanks, I hope so!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview invite 2 hours ago! Woot!
when did you complete your application?
was this via email or just checking the application portal?
As far as I know, the application portal doesn't change to reflect an invitation to interview
Is JH rolling admissions?
Is JH rolling admissions?
Yes, they are
when did you complete your application?
Got an email saying I was complete 9/13. Went here for undergrad so that probably plays a part.
Does anyone know when the first decisions will roll out? Is it like other non-rolling schools where it takes 4-6 weeks?
From what I've heard, they're doing things differently this year, they're giving out decisions in 3-4 batches in the application cycle. For September interviews, they might be out by early December.Does anyone know when the first decisions will roll out? Is it like other non-rolling schools where it takes 4-6 weeks?
From what I've heard, they're doing things differently this year, they're giving out decisions in 3-4 batches in the application cycle. For September interviews, they might be out by early December.
This was what we were told as well. The first offers will come out first week of December this year, and you'll get a personal call.
Did anyone get an interview invite without answering the secondary honors/awards question? I have a good GPA/MCAT and other stuff, but my only awards are dean's list. I turned down most other stuff in college because they cost money![]()
You must live in a weird backwards universe. I got merit scholarships from some honors and awards. Paying for an award is all kinds of suspicious.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Does anyone know how critical the "If applicable, describe a situation that you were not in the majority" question is? I'm having a hard time finding something solid to write for that. Has anyone received an interview without doing that question?
I don't think it has to be something major - I wrote about being vegan and how it has stimulated some great conversations with my colleagues; all of us are involved with animal research. I think the important thing is how you dealt/deal with it.Does anyone know how critical the "If applicable, describe a situation that you were not in the majority" question is? I'm having a hard time finding something solid to write for that. Has anyone received an interview without doing that question?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone get an interview invite without answering the secondary honors/awards question? I have a good GPA/MCAT and other stuff, but my only awards are dean's list. I turned down most other stuff in college because they cost money![]()
I did.
Got an II last year as well. No awards either. Good luck! 🙂I did.
submitted 8/13
no complete email yet
no complete email yet
rejected.submitted 8/13
no complete email yet
I am not applying, but my advice is to fill out EVERYTHING on the application. Don't make judgements about what is important or not, the admissions committee put that in there because they think it is important. And for good reason! If you really can't think of a single time you were in the minority, that indicates a profound lack of life experience.Does anyone know how critical the "If applicable, describe a situation that you were not in the majority" question is? I'm having a hard time finding something solid to write for that. Has anyone received an interview without doing that question?
I am not applying, but my advice is to fill out EVERYTHING on the application. Don't make judgements about what is important or not, the admissions committee put that in there because they think it is important. And for good reason! If you really can't think of a single time you were in the minority, that indicates a profound lack of life experience.
Thanks for the advice -- I was trying to come up with something solid that I felt I could easily expand upon in an interview. Figured it out and submitted this on Saturday. 🙂
rejected.
Indefinitely held for review for telling a rejection he's rejected.
After the complete email, how long did it take most of you for a decision either to interview or for a rejection?
Indefinitely held for review for telling a rejection he's rejected.
Well, it took me a day and a half, but after reading your post a good ten times, I finally understand what you're saying... Hahaha...

Indefinitely held for review for telling a rejection he's rejected.
I get a similar feeling when people complete well after me are getting interviews and I haven't heard anything. Hahaha...
I get a similar feeling when people complete well after me are getting interviews and I haven't heard anything. Hahaha...
Haha.. well, try to stay positive. Last year, I got an interview invite from one school in January after submitting in July. So it happens. Not sure how exactly the Hopkins admission folks work.. but I bet it happens here too. 😛
After the complete email, how long did it take most of you for a decision either to interview or for a rejection?
So for most people it did not take long?
So for most people it did not take long?
Looks like it is variable. I have been complete for almost 6 weeks now with no word.
Oh ok haha thanks kuntash
How long does it generally take for them to send you a complete email? I submitted my secondary about a month ago
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long does it generally take for them to send you a complete email? I submitted my secondary about a month ago
It depends , mine took less than a month...but some take more and some take less.
Finally marked as complete after 7 weeks.
Did anyone get a response when they emailed to confirm their interview date?
I never really email. I always call... god knows how long they will take to reply (that is if they decide to...)Did anyone get a response when they emailed to confirm their interview date?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
