-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Rush Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
This is one of the only schools I applied to that doesn't accept grade updates. Has anyone else dealt with this problem? I'm a pos-bacc student so it is extremely frustrating.
I too, have something very important I would like to update them about, something that applies to their school specifically, and I can't. Frustrating is not even close to what I'd call it. 😡
@Hangingitup
Why you mad bro?
Why you mad bro?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I too, have something very important I would like to update them about, something that applies to their school specifically, and I can't. Frustrating is not even close to what I'd call it. 😡
It's very sad, my update is probably the only thing that would have given me any chance here... most likely :cry:
yes... my understanding is that they don't accept them.
When did people who stayed with a student host hear back? My interview is next week and I haven't heard anything after the "we got your request" email a couple weeks back
We have exams Friday and Monday and then break. You will definitely get a host, it just might be a little last minute-- and because of break preference for CCG or off campus might be less doable (not sure). The coordinators definitely will make it happen. We M1s just have a lot right now (as I write and walk at the same time between histo and a study break).
Sent from my SCH-I510 using SDN Mobile
I received an interview invite right after midnight yesterday. I stayed up til 5 AM pacific time to lock down my interview day (I work the night shift at an ER a lot) on 1/16. When I got in there to schedule every Wednesday was available in the month of January.so no ii today? I'm dying over here... what is going on?? I feel like there hasnt been ii sent out (to any sdners at least) in what seems like at LEAST a month?
so no ii today? I'm dying over here... what is going on?? I feel like there hasnt been ii sent out (to any sdners at least) in what seems like at LEAST a month?
agreed!🙁
I received an interview invite right after midnight yesterday. I stayed up til 5 AM pacific time to lock down my interview day (I work the night shift at an ER a lot) on 1/16. When I got in there to schedule every Wednesday was available in the month of January.
congrats!!! comfortable sharing ur stats and completion date?
MCAT: 35O
Undergrad GPA: 3.42
Graduate GPA: 3.8
Complete email from Rush: 10/17
But my EC's are what have really made a difference and I've done it all with serious commitments to each. I've ticked off every box I can think of in order to maximize my chances of getting and not allowing my undergrad GPA to get in the way.
Undergrad GPA: 3.42
Graduate GPA: 3.8
Complete email from Rush: 10/17
But my EC's are what have really made a difference and I've done it all with serious commitments to each. I've ticked off every box I can think of in order to maximize my chances of getting and not allowing my undergrad GPA to get in the way.
Last edited:
MCAT: 35O
Undergrad GPA: 3.42
Graduate GPA: 3.8
Complete email from Rush: 10/17
But my EC's are what have really made a difference and I've done it all with serious commitments to each. I've ticked off every box I can think of in order to maximize my chances of getting and not allowing my undergrad GPA to get in the way.
I'd say it's the 35... 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
True...but it's sort of a wash with the undergrad GPAI'd say it's the 35... 🙂
all i want for christmas is an interview invite from rush...
+1
All I want for Christmas is an interview invite from Rush...
Same
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
🙁
Has anyone who mailed the deposit received a confirmation of receipt email?
Has anyone who mailed the deposit received a confirmation of receipt email?
I haven't received a confirmation yet so you're not alone.
I haven't received a confirmation yet so you're not alone.
Thanks for the response. I guess we'll just have to sit tight 🙂
Thanks for the response. I guess we'll just have to sit tight 🙂
anyone still waiting for the confirmation email? assuming they don't work during the holidays, they won't be sending my confirmation email within the 10 days they said.
Here's to hearing good news from Rush in the new year!
here's to hearing good news from rush in the new year!
+1
here's to hearing good news from rush in the new year!
+ ∞
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview Invite today (although the e-mail was dated 12/20)
Application complete 10/30
12/20?? Traffic jam on the information superhighway?? 🙂
Interview Invite today (although the e-mail was dated 12/20)
Application complete 10/30
yeah, what? Did you not check your email for a week?
Congrats btw, so jealous...
Interview Invite today (although the e-mail was dated 12/20)
Application complete 10/30
congratulations! would you mind posting your stats?
anyone still waiting for the confirmation email? assuming they don't work during the holidays, they won't be sending my confirmation email within the 10 days they said.
Bump. I'm probably going to call tomorrow because it's been much longer than 10 days. Anyone receive the confirmation?
Hahaha.. I didn't even notice the letter was dated from the 20th... good catch
Yep. I noticed that it was dated on Dec. 20th too! Maybe they intended to send it then, and just realized today that these emails weren't sent?Hahaha.. I didn't even notice the letter was dated from the 20th... good catch
Bump. I'm probably going to call tomorrow because it's been much longer than 10 days. Anyone receive the confirmation?
nada. please share what they say after you call them. thanks!
Bump. I'm probably going to call tomorrow because it's been much longer than 10 days. Anyone receive the confirmation?
Please post the response! Still waiting :/
nada. please share what they say after you call them. thanks!
Please post the response! Still waiting :/
Hey! I received the confirmation email this morning, so I'm not going to call after all.
congratulations! would you mind posting your stats?
Thanks!
36Q GPA 3.9 sGPA: 3.96
II today too dated from the 20th
II here, too. Also, dated Dec. 20th.
I had given up on hearing from Rush!
Thanks!
36Q GPA 3.9 sGPA: 3.96
Wow, crazy stats.
I remember a quote from last year's thread, I forgot who made it,
"This school is going to give me an ulcer." He/she was referring to Rush. I will be the one to use it this year,
"This school is going to give me an ulcer!"
There it is.
Wow, crazy stats.
I remember a quote from last year's thread, I forgot who made it,
"This school is going to give me an ulcer." He/she was referring to Rush. I will be the one to use it this year,
"This school is going to give me an ulcer!"
There it is.
hahaha, I feel you man. I hope you get an II at Rush, and if not, at one of the other Chicago schools so you can stay home!👍
can current students comment on some of my questions:
1. what is the block schedule like at rush (workload/how stressful/etc)
2. what opportunities are available to students to do as extracurriculars
3. what is the class atmosphere/competitiveness like
appreciate it and will be deciding in the coming months on attending here!
1. what is the block schedule like at rush (workload/how stressful/etc)
2. what opportunities are available to students to do as extracurriculars
3. what is the class atmosphere/competitiveness like
appreciate it and will be deciding in the coming months on attending here!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can current students comment on some of my questions:
1. what is the block schedule like at rush (workload/how stressful/etc)
2. what opportunities are available to students to do as extracurriculars
3. what is the class atmosphere/competitiveness like
appreciate it and will be deciding in the coming months on attending here!
1. It's awesome. We do CSI- clinical skills, CMB-cell molec bio, MSK-anatomy, CVR-cadivasc & resp) in the first semester. Basic sciences, histo, biochem, etc are combined to form an integrative approach that I love. I love not have six exams in a week or spread out. We typicall have just a final, or a final and a gross anat practical.
2. Anything you want, lots of volunteering
3. Super chill, not competitive at all.
If you have specific questions, feel free to ask. Or someone should post the crazy long PM I sent in response to these questions that I now can't find.
can current students comment on some of my questions:
1. what is the block schedule like at rush (workload/how stressful/etc)
2. what opportunities are available to students to do as extracurriculars
3. what is the class atmosphere/competitiveness like
appreciate it and will be deciding in the coming months on attending here!
1. It's awesome. We do CSI- clinical skills, CMB-cell molec bio, MSK-anatomy, CVR-cadivasc & resp) in the first semester. Basic sciences, histo, biochem, etc are combined to form an integrative approach that I love. I love not have six exams in a week or spread out. We typicall have just a final, or a final and a gross anat practical.
2. Anything you want, lots of volunteering
3. Super chill, not competitive at all. People help each other do well.
If you have specific questions, feel free to ask. Or someone should post the crazy long PM I sent in response to these questions that I now can't find.
Interview day was pretty laid back. you have the dean speaking in the morning and you may have both of your interviews in the morning or one in the morning and one in the afternoon. you get lunch and take a tour with the students. everyone is extremely nice and helpful so dont be nervous. wear some comfortable shoes because there will be some walking involved.What is the day of the interview like?? how were people's experiences?
Can any current students comment on approximately what percentage of the class has been filled so far?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K