2012-2013 Rush Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted 🙁 Appears like I'm in the minority too. Awful lot of acceptances in this thread, only a few waitlists. I'm sure it's been asked before, but is there a lot of movement off of the waitlist?
 
dying for an interview from RUSH!!! anyone else been complete since august? starting to loose hope :-(

I've also been complete since august. I sent an in the area email for late jan/early feb, and they told me they couldnt really accommodate since a decision hadn't been reached on my application, so I guess I'm just on some sort of hold
 
Interviewed on 12/19. They said less than half of the interview slots have been given out as of that day. They only send out 20 per week. So there should be a little more than half left as of now.0
 
Interviewed on 12/19. They said less than half of the interview slots have been given out as of that day. They only send out 20 per week. So there should be a little more than half left as of now.0

Thanks for the info. They probably didn't give out many over the holidays, so hopefully they're still at less than half.

Rush. Please. Send. Me. An. Interview Invite. 😳
 
OK really? Rush's admin just met solely to give out my waitlist today? Somebody had to get accepted. And to those accepted people, I am lurking in your bushes. Make one mistake, just one. I took karate, for one year. 15 years ago. So, like, watch out.
 
Thanks for the info. They probably didn't give out many over the holidays, so hopefully they're still at less than half.

Rush. Please. Send. Me. An. Interview Invite. 😳

im with you dude. i've been complete since Aug. 30th...4 months of silence!!! come on rush.
 
Waitlisted 🙁 Appears like I'm in the minority too. Awful lot of acceptances in this thread, only a few waitlists. I'm sure it's been asked before, but is there a lot of movement off of the waitlist?

You're not alone. I interviewed 10/31 and it looks like a ton of people from that day got accepted. But, I was waitlisted. Here's to months of waiting....😕
 
What is the day of the interview like?? how were people's experiences?

My interview day was great. Really chill. It was a pretty big group of students, which was surprising to me. I think there were 31 or so in my interview group. The faculty interview was a little more confrontational than some of my other interviews but I think that is just because of who I had and not the school. The student interview was incredibly laid back and very conversational. I forgot it was an interview for a while. They had a yummy, catered lunch with options for vegetarians. I was very thankful that I was wearing flats because there is a lot of walking on the tour. Also, random tip, bring your phone on the campus tour! The student who led my tour group took us to this amazing balcony in the hospital that has a sick view of the Chicago skyline and I wanted to take a picture so badly but I had left my phone in the room. Learn from my mistakes! lol!
 
Starting to panic about my chances at Rush. The fact that they supposedly review the entire batch of applicants each time they decide about II's, makes me even more nervous about why I've been passed up so many times (complete since early August).
 
Starting to panic about my chances at Rush. The fact that they supposedly review the entire batch of applicants each time they decide about II's, makes me even more nervous about why I've been passed up so many times (complete since early August).

that's exactly how i feel. well about Rush and about ten other schools. btw that II surge thread is making me feel even worse.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone actually been rejected pre-interview yet? I feel like being complete for the last 4 months isn't a good sign for me (from reading above I know I'm not the only one, but still). Do they send out rejections late in the cycle does anyone know? 😕
 
Has anyone actually been rejected pre-interview yet? I feel like being complete for the last 4 months isn't a good sign for me (from reading above I know I'm not the only one, but still). Do they send out rejections late in the cycle does anyone know? 😕

Looking through last years thread, they didn't start handing out rejections pre-interview until beginning of April. Some people did say that they got invites in February after being complete since October, so I think there is still hope :xf:
 
Looking through last years thread, they didn't start handing out rejections pre-interview until beginning of April. Some people did say that they got invites in February after being complete since October, so I think there is still hope :xf:

Thanks for the info sir! I'll keep my fingers crossed but won't get my hopes up too much 😳 :xf:
 
Do you think a lot more interview Invites will be coming out or is Rush almost done sending them out? thanks.
 
II today. Soonest date is in March.






























(notsrs)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
 
wait... for real? march? because if thats true thats incredibly depressing and I'm just gonna go ahead and cross my number one school off my list..
 
wait... for real? march? because if thats true thats incredibly depressing and I'm just gonna go ahead and cross my number one school off my list..

Did no one see that not srs...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview Invite via email about an hour ago..complete early september.

Congrats, but your post is terrible news for me in two regards,

1-it means that Rush has continued to ignore me into the new year and there is probably only a few more waves of II's to be sent out.

2-You say that you got the invite at ~5:00 in the evening which means that I have to now worry throughout the day about anxiously checking my email for a Rush II, whereas before I thought that if I didn't wake up to an II in my inbox which was sent at 3:00 am then I wouldn't have to worry about it until the next morning.

Thanks a lot. 🙁
 
Congrats, but your post is terrible news for me in two regards,

1-it means that Rush has continued to ignore me into the new year and there is probably only a few more waves of II's to be sent out.

2-You say that you got the invite at ~5:00 in the evening which means that I have to now worry throughout the day about anxiously checking my email for a Rush II, whereas before I thought that if I didn't wake up to an II in my inbox which was sent at 3:00 am then I wouldn't have to worry about it until the next morning.

Thanks a lot. 🙁

And...

3. The Irish ma be faced with finding another HC is Kelly leaves...
 
Congrats, but your post is terrible news for me in two regards,

1-it means that Rush has continued to ignore me into the new year and there is probably only a few more waves of II's to be sent out.

2-You say that you got the invite at ~5:00 in the evening which means that I have to now worry throughout the day about anxiously checking my email for a Rush II, whereas before I thought that if I didn't wake up to an II in my inbox which was sent at 3:00 am then I wouldn't have to worry about it until the next morning.

Thanks a lot. 🙁

Haha sorry about that, I'm non-trad 31Q, sGPA 3.6, cGPA 3.7

Best of luck to you, don't lose hope!
 
hey, what kinds of dates were you choosing from out of curiosity? Just wondering if they're already scheduling far into february when they stop interviewing in march... oh man i hate feeling so desperate haha...
 
hey, what kinds of dates were you choosing from out of curiosity? Just wondering if they're already scheduling far into february when they stop interviewing in march... oh man i hate feeling so desperate haha...

The only dates available were through Feb 6. There were no dates available after that when I looked into it.
 
I didn't. Didn't mean to cause so much commotion

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
 
Also waiting in silence since August. Well above average stats for Rush and decent extracurriculars. Show me some love, Rush 🙁
 
Rush, I give up on you. We could've had a good thing, but you've disrespected me for far too long. Goodbye forever.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sent them an in the area letter last night and got a reply this morning. They told me they have not made a decision regarding my application yet and cannot accommodate my request. Oh well, worth a shot.
 
Only one person on SDN has gotten an II since New Years?! Either there' s major II surge coming up or Rush doesn't like the SDN crowd very much...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.