2012-2013 Rush Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point are II's pretty much for the wait list? And if not, what whould be the earliest I can expect to hear back from Rush if interviewing March6

Members don't see this ad.

Well gluck to you Irish! I interviewed at Stritch too and fell in love. For those who haven't heard from Rush yet (including myself), there is still hope. I have a friend who goes there that said she wasn't interviewed until late March. She applied late and was not a "stellar" applicant by SDN convention (this is what she said, not me).

Also, Rush, ironically, is also notorious for being late in the process. They have a pretty small staff taking care of this, so I wouldn't hold it against them.

I too fell in love with Stritch. Then they wait listed me. Then I interviewed at almost a dozen other schools and realized Stritch is not actually that awesome.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Just got an II but both dates offered to me are in conflict with my schedule for finals and midterms. I email RMC. Was wondering who had the phone number to call and talk to them about trying to set up another date? Thanks!

Just got an interview invite!!!!!

I can't believe it! Definitely an underdog here (cGPA: 3.5 sGPA: 3.4 MCAT: 29O) :soexcited:

Can you please share when you were complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed admissions about letters of interest from those on the waitlist. This is the response I got:

We will not be processing any supplemental materials from waitlisted applicants until we request them this spring. I anticipate we will be sending our email request for same sometime in April.

So I guess LOI's won't be processed until spring anyway. Just thought I'd pass that along.

i wonder how long the waitlist at rush usually is...I can't image its unbelievably long since they don't interview that many people and some are rejected post-interview, but who knows...

i wonder how long the waitlist at rush usually is...I can't image its unbelievably long since they don't interview that many people and some are rejected post-interview, but who knows...

Just interviewed there yesterday and Jill said that the waitlist is so unpredictable there. Last year they accpeted 30 people from the waitlist, the year before they accepted 5 and the year before that they didn't take anyone from the waitlist! :-/

I fell in lovewith Rush yesterday and amd really hoping for an acceptance. Also, I walk out of the interview day and I have a call from Loyola offering me an interview. Anyone interview at both and have any thoughts on how they compare???

Does anybody know if they accept letters of interest/update pre-interview? I tried to look through this thread and on their website, but couldn't find the info.

Thanks!

Does anybody know if they accept letters of interest/update pre-interview? I tried to look through this thread and on their website, but couldn't find the info.

Thanks!

Unfortunately they don't accept any updates/letters pre-interview.

Yeah they are adamant about this, even to those in post-bacc programs (like me) =[

Members don't see this ad :)
So...maybe next tuesday we'll hear about additional acceptances?

Last edited:
Why? Do they tend to send out acceptances on Tuesdays? That would be so amazing, the waiting game is killing me.

Accepted!!
Interviewed 1/23.
So grateful! Good luck to everyone else.

Congrats, I interviewed on the same day. I haven't heard anything yet. Did they call you or email you?

Got an acceptance email today at around 4:40pm!

Complete 10/3
Interviewed 1/16

I interviewed on the same day. Haven't hear anything. Did they call you or email you? thanks

Thanks!
Email.
If you didn't hear anything, it just means they haven't gotten to your file, yet. Hang in there and good luck!

Congrats to all those who received acceptances! I really realllly really hope I get similar news next month! Rush is absolutely amazing.

I'm done posting or checking this thread anymore unless I somehow miraculously get an interview invite in the next few weeks...

I've been waitlisted for about a month and a half and I was wondering if people have received acceptances after their initial waitlist status? The website says that they continually review our app and I know one person already posted about their post- waitlist acceptance....so i was just wondering if other waitlisters have also heard any good news?

Interview invite on 2/21. Applied in December 2012. The only dates available for interview are march 6 and march 20 according to the schedule.

Interview invite on 2/21. Applied in December 2012. The only dates available for interview are march 6 and march 20 according to the schedule.

"applied in December 2012" ??? I have no idea what the last date for Rush was, but congrats on making that happen!

Got a II yesterday but the site gives me an error when I try to schedule an interview for March. Anyone got a number for the admissions office? Thanks in advance.

Do you mean you submitted your secondary and the fee in december? Can you share what date you were complete?

Hi Everyone,

Congrats on those who got accepted. I am wondering if anyone who interviewed at Rush experienced longer than normal wait time, like more than five weeks? I was interviewed 1/23 and this is my fifth week, I haven't hear back from Rush, kinda worried. If anyone experienced the same wait time, please share. I would really appreciate your input. Thank you in advance.

Do you mean you submitted your secondary and the fee in december? Can you share what date you were complete?
yeah, i was complete 12/20. i know i'm lucky to get the interview, the deadline was 12/31.

does anyone who's interviewing on 3/20/13 want to meet up and grab some chicago-style pizza the night before the interview?

Hi Everyone,

Congrats on those who got accepted. I am wondering if anyone who interviewed at Rush experienced longer than normal wait time, like more than five weeks? I was interviewed 1/23 and this is my fifth week, I haven't hear back from Rush, kinda worried. If anyone experienced the same wait time, please share. I would really appreciate your input. Thank you in advance.

My boyfriend waited almost 10 weeks (I interviewed 3 weeks after him and heard back before him). You're interviewer might be holding your file hostage :p

My boyfriend waited almost 10 weeks (I interviewed 3 weeks after him and heard back before him). You're interviewer might be holding your file hostage :p

Thank you so much for responding. Has your boyfriend heard back yet? Also, are you serious the hostage thing? I am just kinda stressed out.

I really appreciate your help.

Just got an interview invite!!!!!I can't believe it! Definitely an underdog here (cGPA: 3.5 sGPA: 3.4 MCAT: 29O)

If you're an underdog. What am I? LOL Interviewed a week or so ago. Good luck!

Thank you so much for responding. Has your boyfriend heard back yet? Also, are you serious the hostage thing? I am just kinda stressed out.

This was back in fall- we both interviewed in October. The hostage comment was a semi-joke. Jill said on my interview day that different interviewers returned files at different speeds and to not be concerned if it took a while to hear back. It basically means they have to hunt down your file and get your evaluation from the interviewer. Or it could be a totally unrelated reason. After 6 weeks I believe they said you can email or call to ask, but they might just tell you to sit tight like they did to my guy.

FYI, the Rush adcom reviews interviewees every 4th thursday (I think), meaning your interviewers would have had to had your evaluations the day after your interview. So you're probably in this cycle, meaning you should hear back this week. They usually send out decisions on Friday via email.

FYI, the Rush adcom reviews interviewees every 4th thursday (I think), meaning your interviewers would have had to had your evaluations the day after your interview. So you're probably in this cycle, meaning you should hear back this week. They usually send out decisions on Friday via email.

When we were there for the 2/13 interview date, there was an adcom meeting that day. Then Jill said that the next adcom meeting wasn't until 4 weeks after that, so 3/13. She said we wouldn't be hearing anything back until after that 3/13.

Maybe your interviewer's evaluation wasn't turned in for the 2/13 adcom meeting so I'm guessing you'll be evaluated on 3/13?

I'm done posting or checking this thread anymore unless I somehow miraculously get an interview invite in the next few weeks...

Okay I lied, I can't stay away from the Rush thread, at least until I have an absolute 0% chance of hearing back. :(

I know Rush was a little late starting their application reviewing this year, does anyone know if there is any chance there are still II's left to be given out?

When we were there for the 2/13 interview date, there was an adcom meeting that day. Then Jill said that the next adcom meeting wasn't until 4 weeks after that, so 3/13. She said we wouldn't be hearing anything back until after that 3/13.

Maybe your interviewer's evaluation wasn't turned in for the 2/13 adcom meeting so I'm guessing you'll be evaluated on 3/13?

oooh yeah you're right, I got Rush confused with another school. Goddamnit, that means I have to wait even longer. I interviewed 2/05. fml

Okay I lied, I can't stay away from the Rush thread, at least until I have an absolute 0% chance of hearing back. :(

I know Rush was a little late starting their application reviewing this year, does anyone know if there is any chance there are still II's left to be given out?
When I was at the interview they said they were a bit behind because they received 1,000 + more apps than the previous year. They didn't say whether they were done or not, but last year people interviewed until end of March so you may still have a shot. Just call and ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.