You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Rush Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
😡 I'm having bud luck. Mine still showing as not received. Hope it didn't get lost in the mail 😳
Mine is showing that they still don't have any of my stuff. They must at least have my primary, since they sent me an e-mail telling me to do the secondary. 😕
Did you guys mail your forms right away? And from where?
I mailed my forms July 18th from downtown Chicago, and they just marked them as received. So if you guys didn't mail them right away, or from further away then I'd be patient and not worry.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you guys mail your forms right away? And from where?
I mailed my forms July 18th from downtown Chicago, and they just marked them as received. So if you guys didn't mail them right away, or from further away then I'd be patient and not worry.
I mailed mine the 18th from CA, and it was marked as received today.
I mailed mine the 18th from CA, and it was marked as received today.
There goes my theory.
AMCAS Application Received:
07/13/2012
Supplemental Application Submitted:
07/18/2012
Supplemental Application Posted to the
Rush Database:
07/19/2012
The Supplemental Application will not be downloaded/posted to the Rush database until Rush has received your VERIFIED AMCAS application.
Required Documents And Materials
Signature Form Received:
Yes
Proof of Citizenship
or Permanent Residency Received:
Yes
Application Fee Received:
PAID
But it still says "YOUR FILE IS NOT COMPLETE"
07/13/2012
Supplemental Application Submitted:
07/18/2012
Supplemental Application Posted to the
Rush Database:
07/19/2012
The Supplemental Application will not be downloaded/posted to the Rush database until Rush has received your VERIFIED AMCAS application.
Required Documents And Materials
Signature Form Received:
Yes
Proof of Citizenship
or Permanent Residency Received:
Yes
Application Fee Received:
PAID
But it still says "YOUR FILE IS NOT COMPLETE"
But it still says "YOUR FILE IS NOT COMPLETE"
Give them a few days to download your LORs, I'm guessing they haven't been posted as received for you? They say on the site that they don't download letters until all other materials are received.
AMCAS Application Received:
07/13/2012
Supplemental Application Submitted:
07/18/2012
Supplemental Application Posted to the
Rush Database:
07/19/2012
The Supplemental Application will not be downloaded/posted to the Rush database until Rush has received your VERIFIED AMCAS application.
Required Documents And Materials
Signature Form Received:
Yes
Proof of Citizenship
or Permanent Residency Received:
Yes
Application Fee Received:
PAID
But it still says "YOUR FILE IS NOT COMPLETE"
Same here. Marked as "Paid" yesterday, but not complete. Baby steps.
Did you guys mail your forms right away? And from where?
I mailed my forms July 18th from downtown Chicago, and they just marked them as received. So if you guys didn't mail them right away, or from further away then I'd be patient and not worry.
Well, I'm not concerned about the form so much as when I try to check my status in the supp system, it says, "Sorry, There is not yet a Status Record for You in Our System. You might not yet have a status record if Rush has not yet downloaded your AMCAS application; please check again weekly."
They should have received my AMCAS well over a week ago. And I also submitted the secondary and mailed the form on like, Monday. 😕
I'll just worry about this next week. haha
Hey guys,
I graduated from college a couple of years ago so some of my activities have dates that began more than 5 years ago. The site won't let me enter any date longer than 5 years ago. I sent Rush an email over a week ago but haven't heard anything. Any one having a similar problem or have any suggestions? Thanks!
I graduated from college a couple of years ago so some of my activities have dates that began more than 5 years ago. The site won't let me enter any date longer than 5 years ago. I sent Rush an email over a week ago but haven't heard anything. Any one having a similar problem or have any suggestions? Thanks!
I just wrote in the description box what the real dates were.
AMCAS Application Received:
07/13/2012
Supplemental Application Submitted:
07/18/2012
Supplemental Application Posted to the
Rush Database:
07/19/2012
The Supplemental Application will not be downloaded/posted to the Rush database until Rush has received your VERIFIED AMCAS application.
Required Documents And Materials
Signature Form Received:
Yes
Proof of Citizenship
or Permanent Residency Received:
Yes
Application Fee Received:
PAID
But it still says "YOUR FILE IS NOT COMPLETE"
They may not have processed your LORs yet. I know that's why I'm not complete yet. =/
Well, I'm not concerned about the form so much as when I try to check my status in the supp system, it says, "Sorry, There is not yet a Status Record for You in Our System. You might not yet have a status record if Rush has not yet downloaded your AMCAS application; please check again weekly."
They should have received my AMCAS well over a week ago. And I also submitted the secondary and mailed the form on like, Monday. 😕
I'll just worry about this next week. haha
I would call.
I would call.
It was all fixed today! Just gotta give it some time. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I asked about the delay in processing cause all of my materials are in and it says my letters are missing but I know my letter packet was uploaded back in June. This is the reply I got from Rush,
"Due to our preparations for the upcoming M1 & M2 beginning-of-year orientation days, we just began data entry a couple of days ago. However, we have not yet searched for LORs at AMCAS Letters Service for those applicants who have otherwise submitted all application materials. We anticipate beginning that process the week of August 13."
Hope this helps.
"Due to our preparations for the upcoming M1 & M2 beginning-of-year orientation days, we just began data entry a couple of days ago. However, we have not yet searched for LORs at AMCAS Letters Service for those applicants who have otherwise submitted all application materials. We anticipate beginning that process the week of August 13."
Hope this helps.
My status says "Your file is now complete" Now the wait begins🙂
my status says "your file is now complete" now the wait begins🙂
+1!
Random complete email at 1:30 AM, even though I have been marked complete on their website since 8/7. Maybe this means they're finally going to start reviewing apps!!!
random complete email at 1:30 am, even though i have been marked complete on their website since 8/7. Maybe this means they're finally going to start reviewing apps!!!
+1!
random complete email at 1:30 am, even though i have been marked complete on their website since 8/7. Maybe this means they're finally going to start reviewing apps!!!
+2
random complete email at 1:30 am, even though i have been marked complete on their website since 8/7. Maybe this means they're finally going to start reviewing apps!!!
+3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So as an OOSer, is it worth applying? They only interviewed 170 applicants out of 5,000. That's crazy! I'm 3.7, 34, so I think I'm competitive.
Yes absolutely.
Rush is not a state school. My classmates come from all over. 🙂
So as an OOSer, is it worth applying? They only interviewed 170 applicants out of 5,000. That's crazy! I'm 3.7, 34, so I think I'm competitive.
Those odds aren't bad and a lot of people don't accept so if you get an interview you have a good shot. Their avg MCAT is a 30 so you are well above. I applied with a 32 sGPA3.76. You have a great shot.
+8
And good to hear they aren't all about numbers.
And good to hear they aren't all about numbers.
So as an OOSer, is it worth applying? They only interviewed 170 applicants out of 5,000. That's crazy! I'm 3.7, 34, so I think I'm competitive.
When I applied two years ago I got an interview- my stats were a sorry 3.1 and 28 OOS, so I'm sure you're fine! 👍
If I am presenting a poster for my summer research in the winter, do you think that would allow me to mark "poster presentation" in the research section of the secondary? The research is complete by I haven't physically presented it yet.
For the dates of activities, what do you do if the activity is ongoing? Do you put a date or leave it blank?
Also, I took a break from secondaries and now I am worried that I haven't submitted Rush's yet. 🙁 I will submit it within a few days but I fear it already a little too late.
Also, I took a break from secondaries and now I am worried that I haven't submitted Rush's yet. 🙁 I will submit it within a few days but I fear it already a little too late.
For the dates of activities, what do you do if the activity is ongoing? Do you put a date or leave it blank?
Also, I took a break from secondaries and now I am worried that I haven't submitted Rush's yet. 🙁 I will submit it within a few days but I fear it already a little too late.
I just sent in the secondary and mailed the materials yesterday. It's still mid-August so I think it's fine.
For the dates of activities, what do you do if the activity is ongoing? Do you put a date or leave it blank?
Also, I took a break from secondaries and now I am worried that I haven't submitted Rush's yet. 🙁 I will submit it within a few days but I fear it already a little too late.
They haven't even started interviewing yet, and I do not believe II have been sent (but I could be wrong on II).
Last year, I was complete mid-September, got a II in December, interviewed in January and was accepted early February. I'm sure you're fine.
If I am presenting a poster for my summer research in the winter, do you think that would allow me to mark "poster presentation" in the research section of the secondary? The research is complete by I haven't physically presented it yet.
I'd choose no. You can always update after, or if you get a II talk about it in the interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How bad would it be if I don't have any community service done, essentially skipping 2a-2c...
Honestly, 99% (aka virtually all) of Rush students volunteer throughout medical school and it is definitely something they focus on.
Kinda a weird question: I'm about to send in the physical form of my signature, passport, and application fee, but I don't have a checkbook and my bank charges money for checks. Would it be OK to just use one of my girlfriend's checks (don't worry I'm paying her back) even though it has her name and everything on it? Thoughts? Really want to send it out ASAP
Kinda a weird question: I'm about to send in the physical form of my signature, passport, and application fee, but I don't have a checkbook and my bank charges money for checks. Would it be OK to just use one of my girlfriend's checks (don't worry I'm paying her back) even though it has her name and everything on it? Thoughts? Really want to send it out ASAP
I sent a check from my Mom and everything was fine. I think all they care about is getting paid, they could care less about whose money it is.
Hope not many other schools require us to send in our money/ signatures through the mail
I've only seen one other school require snail mailing forms, but that's only after receiving an interview invitation. There are probably other schools but I don't think too many.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K