-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Saint Louis University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Withdrew my app - hopefully the interview slot goes to another SDNer!
Interviewing on Tuesday and have started feeling the nerves - it's my first! Anyone have anything to say about interviewing with Ross Heller? I'd appreciate it.
Emergency medicine attending. Has an MBA. Big into teaching medical students the practice of medicine. Eminently easy to talk to. The rest you'll have to figure out on your own as I know him pretty well 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewing on Tuesday and have started feeling the nerves - it's my first! Anyone have anything to say about interviewing with Ross Heller? I'd appreciate it.
I did not interview him, and I didn't get to know him well, but he introduced himself to the entire group of interviewees on the day I interviewed, and hung out with us for a few minutes chatting mostly about college football. He was very friendly and very sociable, and he doesn't strike me as the type of person/interviewer to throw curve ball questions at you, or try to intimidate you in any way. Prepare for your interview like you would any other interview, but I hope this eases your nerves a bit 🙂
Accepted today!!!!!! This is my first acceptance, and I am a re-applicant from two cycles ago, who was already a non-traditional post-bacc applicant at that time. This has been SUCH a long process. I can't even begin to describe my elation!!! 


To all of you out there still waiting, just keep plugging away. It will all be worth it when you get that first acceptance somewhere. Amazing.
To those that will ask, I interviewed 12/3. I'm OOS, 3.6cgpa, 3.65sgpa, 33Q.



To all of you out there still waiting, just keep plugging away. It will all be worth it when you get that first acceptance somewhere. Amazing.
To those that will ask, I interviewed 12/3. I'm OOS, 3.6cgpa, 3.65sgpa, 33Q.
Sent in a combined update and LOI today 

Accepted today!!!!!! This is my first acceptance, and I am a re-applicant from two cycles ago, who was already a non-traditional post-bacc applicant at that time. This has been SUCH a long process. I can't even begin to describe my elation!!!
To all of you out there still waiting, just keep plugging away. It will all be worth it when you get that first acceptance somewhere. Amazing.
To those that will ask, I interviewed 12/3. I'm OOS, 3.6cgpa, 3.65sgpa, 33Q.
Congrats! I was there 12/3 as well and am still patiently waiting...
Accepted yesterday! 🙂 4.0, 34O, interviewed 10/22. I had a good experience with SLUSOM, and my interviewer there was the easiest to talk to of the ones I've had! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
Has anyone from the group who interviewed 12/4 heard anything yet?
This probably has already been addressed, but I can't find it anywhere. SLU states that they don't accept AP/IB credit. I have IB english credit and no writing intensive courses to substitute for this pre-req. Has anybody been accepted upon completing a certain requirement? Does anybody have any experience with this?
Interviewing soon...I was assigned Dr. Craig Lawson, then I checked a few weeks later and I was switched to Dr. Marilyn Maxwell. 😕 Has anyone had this happen to them?
I had no idea about the AP credits. I'm probably missing a heap ton of requirements then.
I had no idea about the AP credits. I'm probably missing a heap ton of requirements then.
Last edited:
If I were to send a letter to update the school and express interest, would I be using that "upload links" thing on the secondary site? I'm just kind of confused, would uploading a Word Document containing my letter do the trick?
Yes. That's actually what they prefer. However, I'd probably e-mail them a copy directly, just to be sure.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I don't get an ii by the end of this coming week I'm going to give up all hope.
I'm there with ya...
If I were to send a letter to update the school and express interest, would I be using that "upload links" thing on the secondary site? I'm just kind of confused, would uploading a Word Document containing my letter do the trick?
yeah there is a tab on the left-hand side to upload letters / transcripts, etc. for updates
This probably has already been addressed, but I can't find it anywhere. SLU states that they don't accept AP/IB credit. I have IB english credit and no writing intensive courses to substitute for this pre-req. Has anybody been accepted upon completing a certain requirement? Does anybody have any experience with this?
I had AP credit for calculus and was accepted, no questions asked. However, I did take an upper-level mathematical biology course that was listed as biology on my transcript, but was cross-listed as a math course at my school, so I'd be able to argue it if need be.
II this morning as well. Complete sometime in July!
Just received an II this morning!
II this morning as well. Complete sometime in July!
Congrats! Would you mind sharing when you were complete, how the II came, and your stats (don't worry if you're too bashful about stats), please? Thanks in advance and good luck at your interviews!
I had AP credit for calculus and was accepted, no questions asked. However, I did take an upper-level mathematical biology course that was listed as biology on my transcript, but was cross-listed as a math course at my school, so I'd be able to argue it if need be.
Calculus isn't a core pre-req for SLU. I think the OP was referring to the fact that the school doesn't take AP for core requirements (e.g., gen bio, gen chem, english, etc.):
" . . .
General Biology or Zoology 8*
Inorganic Chemistry 8*
Organic Chemistry 8*
Physics 8*
English 6
Other Humanities
and Behavioral Sciences 12
*A laboratory course is required in these sciences.
The Committee usually recognizes undergraduate credit given for courses on the basis of advanced placement when this is indicated on the college transcript. However, for the specific minimum requirements given above, advanced placement credits are not generally acceptable. Since contemporary medical studies include the study of health and disease at the sub-cellular and molecular level, the study of Biochemistry or Cellular Biology is highly recommended, though not required.
. . . " (source)
Thanks! And man, congrats again!Of course! I was complete mid Aug, OOS, 32/3.76-- Got the invite via e-mail
Dates avaliable from next week (on the 15th I believe) through Feb 11th
Got an II interview here as well today through email. Was complete in August, and I'm OOS 3.88 31P. Good luck everybody.
I should just relink my MD apps (check for that later!) I'm OOS, reapplicant. Complete late July. 32 MCAT, 3.62 gpa, similar sGPA. Only date left in January when I logged in was 1/29.
Much obliged and good luck!!I should just relink my MD apps (check for that later!) I'm OOS, reapplicant. Complete late July. 32 MCAT, 3.62 gpa, similar sGPA. Only date left in January when I logged in was 1/29.
Anyone interview with/have any input about Dr. Tina Kearney? I just read back through this entire thread and saw a Dr. Keaney, but no Dr. Kearney. Any input would be appreciated, PM me if you want to stay anonymous! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1no ii for me this morning. Jealous.
Sent from my sgh-t999 using sdn mobile
Question for those who have interviewed or may just know the answer
(I'm sorry if this has already been asked, don't yell at me
)
I have been scheduled for an afternoon interview from 2-245, does that mean that my day is done at 245? Or will it still go until 5? I have a feeling I know the obvious answer but I just want to confirm since I have to make my flight arrangements..
(I'm sorry if this has already been asked, don't yell at me
)I have been scheduled for an afternoon interview from 2-245, does that mean that my day is done at 245? Or will it still go until 5? I have a feeling I know the obvious answer but I just want to confirm since I have to make my flight arrangements..
Question for those who have interviewed or may just know the answer
(I'm sorry if this has already been asked, don't yell at me)
I have been scheduled for an afternoon interview from 2-245, does that mean that my day is done at 245? Or will it still go until 5? I have a feeling I know the obvious answer but I just want to confirm since I have to make my flight arrangements..
It's done after your last interview. Good luck!!

sorry, dupllicate post
Accepted! 🙂
Yes, I did send an update about Fall semester grades.
Yes, I did send an update about Fall semester grades.
It's done after your last interview. Good luck!!![]()
Do you know if your tour is before that interview? If not, the tour could be afterwards.
Accepted! 🙂
Yes, I did send an update about Fall semester grades.
Congrats! When did you interview?
Is there parking near the school where interviews take place? If so, is it expensive?
There is a parking garage on the north side of campus that is available for interviewing students. I unfortunately don't remember if they charged anything for parking, but if they did, it was pretty inexpensive overall - probably no more than $10 for half a day.
If I remember correctly, the entrance to the parking garage is off of Chouteau Avenue - make a turn onto S. Theresa Avenue and continue to the end. The visitor's parking garage is on the left.
If I remember correctly, the entrance to the parking garage is off of Chouteau Avenue - make a turn onto S. Theresa Avenue and continue to the end. The visitor's parking garage is on the left.
Last edited:
Accepted today!!!!!! This is my first acceptance, and I am a re-applicant from two cycles ago, who was already a non-traditional post-bacc applicant at that time. This has been SUCH a long process. I can't even begin to describe my elation!!!
To all of you out there still waiting, just keep plugging away. It will all be worth it when you get that first acceptance somewhere. Amazing.
To those that will ask, I interviewed 12/3. I'm OOS, 3.6cgpa, 3.65sgpa, 33Q.
Catching up on the thread...congrats MM!
There is a parking garage on the north side of campus that is available for interviewing students. I unfortunately don't remember if they charged anything for parking, but if they did, it was pretty inexpensive overall - probably no more than $10 for half a day.
If I remember correctly, the entrance to the parking garage is off of Chouteau Avenue - make a turn onto S. Theresa Avenue and continue to the end. The visitor's parking garage is on the left.
Easier to go on Grand now that it's open.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
Congrats! When did you interview?
Towards the end of October. Interview went well. I really liked the facilities, etc.
🙂
Easier to go on Grand now that it's open.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
They opened grand? When did hey do that? I've just been avoiding the area since they closed the overpass.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if being Catholic is a nudge? Does SLU give it any consideration? I know that SLU accepts students of all faiths.
is SLU a silent rejection school. Has their been any rejections or do all rejections come out in the spring?
From SLU website:
NOTIFICATION
Communications will be sent via e-mail. Every effort is made to be sure each applicant receives notification by May 15, 2013, whether that decision is accepted, not accepted, or placement on the alternate list.
So, it sounds like they don't reject until then.
Good luck. I know the waiting is awful. I'm still waiting to hear from some other schools that I've interviewed with. SLU is one of my top choices, though, so I'm very happy to have been accepted. 🙂
Do you know if your tour is before that interview? If not, the tour could be afterwards.
The tour for all applicants is at 11 a.m. Then lunch with students is at noon. If you have an interview in the morning, then you're done after lunch. If you have an interview in the afternoon, then you're done after your interview.
Does anyone know if being Catholic is a nudge? Does SLU give it any consideration? I know that SLU accepts students of all faiths.
No.
Interviewing the end of January here. Any idea if that's for strictly wait list spots, or is there still a chance I'll be accepted?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.