-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Saint Louis University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Accepted today. Stoked. Interviewed 11/20.
🙂
Congrats!
Will you share your stats?
I was recently accepted as well. I have a 32 MCAT and a 4.0 BCMP GPA & a 3.9 cum.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted today! Interviewed 11/12. So excited!!
Congrats!
Do you care to reveal your stats?
It looks like those that interviewed around mid Oct - mid Nov have been hearing back within the last few weeks.
They opened grand? When did hey do that? I've just been avoiding the area since they closed the overpass.
A while ago. Maybe October?
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
🙂
Congrats!
Will you share your stats?
I was recently accepted as well. I have a 32 MCAT and a 4.0 BCMP GPA & a 3.9 cum.
35R. 3.99 BCMP and 3.77 cumulative. First Acceptance.
These acceptances seem to be from people with some impressive stats. Not sure how I even got an interview now!
These acceptances seem to be from people with some impressive stats. Not sure how I even got an interview now!
You've got a good score and an interesting resume--and you have an acceptance already. Just be confident (and be yourself) in your interview. I was stressed before my interview but it was actually really enjoyable. It helped that my interviewer was a pleasant person to talk to, though.
35R. 3.99 BCMP and 3.77 cumulative. First Acceptance.
34Q and 3.8
Good luck to you all still waiting!!
Great stats. congrats. 🙂
Does anyone know if SLU is receptive to letters of interest/update letters pre-interview? Thanks in advance.
Does anyone know if SLU is receptive to letters of interest/update letters pre-interview? Thanks in advance.
Yes, upload them on the secondary website.
I have seen other people post about a new/modified curriculum, but when I interviewed in September, they didn't mention anything about it. Can someone elaborate and provide details on what changes they are making? And are these changes going to be in effect for the upcoming class? Thanks!
I have seen other people post about a new/modified curriculum, but when I interviewed in September, they didn't mention anything about it. Can someone elaborate and provide details on what changes they are making? And are these changes going to be in effect for the upcoming class? Thanks!
http://www.scribd.com/doc/111450112/New-Curriculum-Plan
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been complete since Oct. 19 and still haven't heard anything. Do you think this is a bad sign?
I've been complete since 9/20, have sent in two updates, and have received nothing but acknowledgements of my updates. And dude, after seeing the curriculum changes? Yeah, man, I want some love. They only interview into February, though; so I'd say we have a pretty slim chance at this point. 🙁
Sorry to hear thatGot a rejection email yesterday, good luck everyone else! I was complete in July so maybe it's just taking them a long time.
Got a rejection email yesterday, good luck everyone else! I was complete in July so maybe it's just taking them a long time.
Sorry to hear that. Looks like you have 2 acceptances, so you're still in a good place!
What was your MCAT?
Got a rejection email yesterday, good luck everyone else! I was complete in July so maybe it's just taking them a long time.
Sorry to hear that.. Gives me a bit of hope though, I was complete in July too.
Let's face it MedPR, we're doomed. LoLSorry to hear that.. Gives me a bit of hope though, I was complete in July too.
Let's face it MedPR, we're doomed. LoL
🙁 Sadly you're probably right.
Sorry to hear that. Looks like you have 2 acceptances, so you're still in a good place!
What was your MCAT?
Yes, I am very happy with my acceptances! And it was below 30, which is why I'm not surprised at all.
I've been complete since 9/20, have sent in two updates, and have received nothing but acknowledgements of my updates. And dude, after seeing the curriculum changes? Yeah, man, I want some love. They only interview into February, though; so I'd say we have a pretty slim chance at this point. 🙁
When you sent the LOI, did you upload to your account or sent it to their email address?
I used the email address and received a reply in each case. But nothing regarding rejection/interview yet...When you sent the LOI, did you upload to your account or sent it to their email address?
I used the email address and received a reply in each case. But nothing regarding rejection/interview yet...
Ah ... I uploaded it, maybe that's why I haven't heard anything
interview invite today! So excited, didn't think I was going to get one...everyone keep up hope!
Ugh. Hope is the last thing I need right now. I wish SLU would just end it already. Do it quickly SLU!
Edit: Also, congrats 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
interview invite today! So excited, didn't think I was going to get one...everyone keep up hope!
congrats! When will it be?
Do you mind sharing your stats?
Last edited:
Anyone know when these interviews start being for the Waitlist vs. actual class seats? Or is this a school that only interviews when there are seats available?
Im interviewing February 12 (that was the earliest available ) stats 30 Q 3.7c 3.65scongrats! When will it be?
Do you mind sharing your stats?
Im interviewing February 12 (that was the earliest available ) stats 30 Q 3.7c 3.65s
Looks like you've got a very good shot. Good luck!
Im interviewing February 12 (that was the earliest available ) stats 30 Q 3.7c 3.65s
Eerily similar to mine! Congrats and blow them away!!
What time do classes end during 1st and 2nd year? I'm trying to get an idea of the day to day schedule. If anyone has a link to any sort of schedule breakdown(with daily times) it would be immensely appreciated.
What time do classes end during 1st and 2nd year? I'm trying to get an idea of the day to day schedule. If anyone has a link to any sort of schedule breakdown(with daily times) it would be immensely appreciated.
Curriculum is changing in the Fall, so the timing might not be the same as it is now.
What time do classes end during 1st and 2nd year? I'm trying to get an idea of the day to day schedule. If anyone has a link to any sort of schedule breakdown(with daily times) it would be immensely appreciated.
Lectures are typically 9am-noon.
Interview Invite GPA 3.7, MCAT 31M, OOS, No update. Kind of a shock because i received three interview invites in a couple of weeks after 3 months of silent. Interviewing on 2/25, anyone same time? Anyway, I believe we are interviewing for the wait list based on last year's thread.
i'm interviewing here next week with Dr. Perman... if anyone has advice they're willing to share, please PM 🙂 thanks!
i'm interviewing here next week with Dr. Perman... if anyone has advice they're willing to share, please PM 🙂 thanks!
PM'd you.
I know there are people at SLUSOM now who were accepted (post-interview acceptance, not accepted off the wait list) following a late January interview. Not sure if it's the same this year though.
Oooh, interesting. Good to know regardless. Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone please confirm if February or March interviews are for waitlist.
I will not attend if this is true.
this interviewing "for the waitlist" crap is garbage. Just go, you never know what will happen, and neither do any of us. You miss every shot you don't take.
+1 I use the exact same phrase.this interviewing "for the waitlist" crap is garbage. Just go, you never know what will happen, and neither do any of us. You miss every shot you don't take.
Don't they only interview through February? So if yours is set for the 25th (which I'm assuming is the earliest available for you) I'm guessing that if we haven't heard anything yet, we won't be getting an ii.Interview Invite GPA 3.7, MCAT 31M, OOS, No update. Kind of a shock because i received three interview invites in a couple of weeks after 3 months of silent. Interviewing on 2/25, anyone same time? Anyway, I believe we are interviewing for the wait list based on last year's thread.
this interviewing "for the waitlist" crap is garbage. Just go, you never know what will happen, and neither do any of us. You miss every shot you don't take.
We need more motivational posters like Geebeejay on SDN
- Status
- Not open for further replies.