Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally submitted (had to clear up a question about the MD/PhD program in health care ethics; decided not to apply)
I did research with an MD/PhD Surgeon at SLUSOM. He told me MD/PhD was a waste of time

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Finally submitted (had to clear up a question about the MD/PhD program in health care ethics; decided not to apply)

Really? Who gets the $20?
Mind if I ask what year you are? I know a bunch of M3s and a handful of M2s. Also, I think the count for that building fire is something like 16 students including residents.
The student host does; it's quite reasonable when you consider that they're interrupting their studying/social lives to host, often provide meals/have to clean/etc., often drive to get students from the airport (easily a 20-30 min. drive one-way from anywhere in STL), and usually feel obligated to take the student to sight see or to dinner.
I'm an M3 (just started rotations a couple weeks ago). It was 15 students and 6 residents that were affected by the fire (21 total).
Just a warning:
If you fill out the secondary essays using Safari, hard returns do not show up when you hit preview. I had to use Firefox for it to format correctly.
About to submit but ran into a problem when I hit the "preview" button. My optional "why SLU" essay which has a couple paragraphs shows up in just one big block of text with not spacing between paragraphs. Tried adding spaces, indenting, but it always shows up as just one monster paragraph. Anyone else have this issue?
see my post above. did you try it in firefox?
see my post above. did you try it in firefox?
Does the optional essay need to be "Why SLU?" I have an essay I'd like to use about some personal experiences (essentially a diversity essay) - do you guys think that'd be okay?
Also does the optional essay not have a word/character limit?
Does the optional essay need to be "Why SLU?" I have an essay I'd like to use about some personal experiences (essentially a diversity essay) - do you guys think that'd be okay?
Also does the optional essay not have a word/character limit?
Submitted! I may be a lifelong Cubs fan, but I wouldn't mind moving to St. Louis for you SLU
Submitted! I may be a lifelong Cubs fan, but I wouldn't mind moving to St. Louis for you SLU
Well, after a life of that you deserve to watch some winners play 🙂
I live in St. Louis and I've always heard that people in Chicago don't really care about cards vs cubs. They care more about cubs vs sox.. Is that true?
You are well informed but I grew up in central Illinois where its ALL about cubs vs cards.
And for all you cubs haters... There's always next year
Still other people out there who haven't gotten the secondary yet?
😎You are well informed but I grew up in central Illinois where its ALL about cubs vs cards.
And for all you cubs haters... There's always next year
I'm torn on whether or not I should apply to SLU...
I applied two years ago and interviewed, but withdrew due to personal/academic reasons, and now am prepared to get on with my medical school life.
I'd be concerned they'd reject me simply because I withdrew and wasted their time last time... 🙁
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
--Wayne Gretzky
Lol love it
Who played for the Saint Louis Blues. I think it's a sign.
I'm torn on whether or not I should apply to SLU...
I applied two years ago and interviewed, but withdrew due to personal/academic reasons, and now am prepared to get on with my medical school life.
I'd be concerned they'd reject me simply because I withdrew and wasted their time last time... 🙁
I'm torn on whether or not I should apply to SLU...
I applied two years ago and interviewed, but withdrew due to personal/academic reasons, and now am prepared to get on with my medical school life.
I'd be concerned they'd reject me simply because I withdrew and wasted their time last time... 🙁
Dear Sir or Madam,
Quit pouting, your application looks great. You would have a great shot here, and at 80%+ of the rest of US MD schools.
Sincerely,
Super Duper Neurotic Community
😍


Did anyone receive a "complete" email after submitting the secondary?
Did anyone receive a "complete" email after submitting the secondary?
Just curious...but are there differences between the students of SLUSOM vs WashU SOM? In terms of friendliness, helpfulness, etc etc? Is one group more social than the other? If anyone has experiences interacting with the 2 different groups, any input would be appreciated...
Just curious...but are there differences between the students of SLUSOM vs WashU SOM? In terms of friendliness, helpfulness, etc etc? Is one group more social than the other? If anyone has experiences interacting with the 2 different groups, any input would be appreciated...
SLUSOM has a student hosting program, but you have to pay $20 a night. It's odd I know, but the students take pretty good care of you (picking you up from airport if you need it, clean sheets, towels, driving to a fro school for interview).
do you know who we should contact for this? there's really no information on the site..
also same question as someone above, when does the interview day end? I want to fly back right after but I don't know what time to book the flight for
go to interview links
Cannot see it until I schedule a date but I don't want to schedule a date until I know I can make that date for sure. Can you let me know when the day ends if they tell you that in the interview links?
NVM I see there message about how if your interview is in the morning vs. afternoon. Haha...........
Did anyone that received an interview have lower stats? It seems like everyone on here had a very high MCAT.
Did anyone that received an interview have lower stats? It seems like everyone on here had a very high MCAT.
At this point I think most individuals getting interviews will have above matriculate level GPA and MCATs
Be patient.
This.
They are going to try to lock down the best applicants they can first. Many will possibly pick a different SOM to matriculate into. Don't fret that your spot will be taken by a 4.0 44T.
That's what I figured. I'm just trying to get a sense of this interview invitation group. It seems that they are the obvious shoe-ins for interviews.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.