You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just withdrew from my interview scheduled for 03/01. Hope it goes to one of you guys!
Yes. You'll be fine.
Flying into Wilkes Barre is so much more expensive compared to flying into Philly... 😕 at least where I am coming from. I guess b/c it's a smaller airport... anyone try flying to Philly and catching a bus to Scranton? I found one that does it for <$20 each way...
So i Interviewed here back in December and today i got an email from Certiphi about background checks.
"You have received this email because you have been waitlisted or conditionally accepted by one or more of the medical schools participating in the AAMC-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants and waiting list applicants. Please note that the requesting medical school will be notified if consent is not provided, and that failure to provide consent may result in failing to meet the requesting medical school's admissions requirements."
Anyone else got this that was wait listed here? I'm hoping for the best!!
Does commonwealth send this only if you are either wait listed or accepted? My date to hear back from them is at the end of February and i dont know what to think!
🙂
"You have received this email because you have been waitlisted or conditionally accepted by one or more of the medical schools participating in the AAMC-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants and waiting list applicants. Please note that the requesting medical school will be notified if consent is not provided, and that failure to provide consent may result in failing to meet the requesting medical school's admissions requirements."
Anyone else got this that was wait listed here? I'm hoping for the best!!
Does commonwealth send this only if you are either wait listed or accepted? My date to hear back from them is at the end of February and i dont know what to think!
🙂I got an AAMC email for a background check. I got deferred til Jan 22. Did anyone else get this e-mail at some point?
!!! Same time posting almost haha
I hope it is good news for us 🙂
!!! Same time posting almost haha
I hope it is good news for us 🙂
🙂 are you waiting to hear about interview outcomes from other schools also?
🙂 are you waiting to hear about interview outcomes from other schools also?
Yes! I'm still waiting and going crazy at the same time😀
Yes! I'm still waiting and going crazy at the same time😀
me too haha. We'll find out soon enough which school the background check corresponded to!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they release acceptances when they said they would, or can it come anytime? I interviewed a week ago. The wait is killing me.
Do they release acceptances when they said they would, or can it come anytime? I interviewed a week ago. The wait is killing me.
It's always on the date they say it will (maybe a few days before), sorry!
me too haha. We'll find out soon enough which school the background check corresponded to!
I also got the e-mail for a background check and I have only interviewed at TCMC thus far, so may be a good sign it was from them. I am also supposed to hear back the end of February.
I did not receive the Certiphi eMail, and have been deferred in October and December.
On the other dates, they called ahead of the date to notify acceptances. They also called on and after the date afaik.
On the other dates, they called ahead of the date to notify acceptances. They also called on and after the date afaik.
Got an email for a background check yesterday, got a call this morning from admissions saying I was accepted! Definitely can't officially believe it till I see the paper in front of me, since I wasn't supposed to hear back until the end of february (CA applicant, 3.5 cGPA, 31 mcat with decent amount of clinical)
I interviewed in December and recieved a certiphi email the other day as well. People who have been previously accepted/waitlisted have you received this email prior to notification?
Also, I thought we were supposed to find out on February 27, is it true there's a January 22 release date?
And lastly, is there any way we can check the status of our application online?
Thanks !!'
Also, I thought we were supposed to find out on February 27, is it true there's a January 22 release date?
And lastly, is there any way we can check the status of our application online?
Thanks !!'
Got an email for a background check yesterday, got a call this morning from admissions saying I was accepted! Definitely can't officially believe it till I see the paper in front of me, since I wasn't supposed to hear back until the end of february (CA applicant, 3.5 cGPA, 31 mcat with decent amount of clinical)
CONGRATULATIONS!
I also received the phone call this morning! and thanks to Sprint and its horrible service the call dropped 3 times before I could understand what on earth she was saying- but I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED!! I cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!!! That was the best phone call ever!😀
Finally I can now relax!! 🙂
Ps. I also got the e-mail yesterday from Certiphi background check, Interviewed in December and was supposed to wait until Feb to find out! This is amazing 😍
I interviewed in December and recieved a certiphi email the other day as well. People who have been previously accepted/waitlisted have you received this email prior to notification?
Also, I thought we were supposed to find out on February 27, is it true there's a January 22 release date?
And lastly, is there any way we can check the status of our application online?
Thanks !!'
Yes, I got deferred and the letter said I will hear something on Jan 22
There used to be a longer list of updates on the status check to see if your file has been reviewed but the checklist has been gone for a few months now
Yes, I got deferred and the letter said I will hear something on Jan 22
There used to be a longer list of updates on the status check to see if your file has been reviewed but the checklist has been gone for a few months now
Thanks for the answer! When you were deferred, did you receive the certiphi email still? Thanks!
Thanks for the answer! When you were deferred, did you receive the certiphi email still? Thanks!
Yes, I got the certiphi e-mail yesterday. I was deferred from the last date (sometime in December) to Jan 22.
Yes, I got the certiphi e-mail yesterday. I was deferred from the last date (sometime in December) to Jan 22.
It seems as if this certiphi email is only sent to those accepted and not deferred
Hey all -- interviewed on November 30th. Our group was told that we missed the December 19th notification by 2 days ... That being said ..
Can someone detail to me the differences between the January 22nd and February 27th notification dates?
At this point, it was my understanding (maybe this is just a poor assumption) that those individuals hearing back on January 22nd had ALREADY received notification of their status, in some capacity, for instance, a postponement of their decision.
Am I wrong in assuming this? After reading some of the above posts, it seems like some people who were supposed to hear on February 27th are hearing earlier now. Should I expect to hear on the 22nd .. Anyone?
Can someone detail to me the differences between the January 22nd and February 27th notification dates?
At this point, it was my understanding (maybe this is just a poor assumption) that those individuals hearing back on January 22nd had ALREADY received notification of their status, in some capacity, for instance, a postponement of their decision.
Am I wrong in assuming this? After reading some of the above posts, it seems like some people who were supposed to hear on February 27th are hearing earlier now. Should I expect to hear on the 22nd .. Anyone?
No, I interviewed on Dec 14th, received the criminal check email yesterday and the acceptance call today. Granted, yes, we were originally told that everyone in our interview group would be notified on Feb. 27th.Hey all -- interviewed on November 30th. Our group was told that we missed the December 19th notification by 2 days ... That being said ..
Can someone detail to me the differences between the January 22nd and February 27th notification dates?
At this point, it was my understanding (maybe this is just a poor assumption) that those individuals hearing back on January 22nd had ALREADY received notification of their status, in some capacity, for instance, a postponement of their decision.
Am I wrong in assuming this? After reading some of the above posts, it seems like some people who were supposed to hear on February 27th are hearing earlier now. Should I expect to hear on the 22nd .. Anyone?
P.S. Stressing just brings about disease, im sure you're a great candidate and will hear back from TCMC soon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed 1/11. Wishful thinking that I'll hear something soon.
Futureutdoc, thank you for the reply. I appreciate you sharing that with me. This is my second go-around, so I'm better this time at cooling off and just letting it ride. Congratulations on your acceptance!
I wonder if the individuals receiving early notifications are in part tied to higher stats, that the admissions committee deems so impressive that they circumvent the whole process. Do you mind me asking what yours were?
Sk8inpro91
MrMayo
lpava
... ?
Same for you guys. Since you all heard back early, what were your stats? I'm just curious
I wonder if the individuals receiving early notifications are in part tied to higher stats, that the admissions committee deems so impressive that they circumvent the whole process. Do you mind me asking what yours were?
Sk8inpro91
MrMayo
lpava
... ?
Same for you guys. Since you all heard back early, what were your stats? I'm just curious
Accepted today! Got the call!!! Interviewed in October!
Congratulations!
First time applicant. Almost didn't apply due to my mcat, but now I'm glad I did!
3.98c, 3.96s, 25 mcat, OOS (FL)
Heavy research with few publications- one of them is a 1st author
Lots of volunteer experience both medical and non-medical
Nice. Congrats. What happened with the mcat if you don't mind me asking? Clearly you have the GPA to prove you can do well on it.
edit: I ask because the word around here is that high gpa and low mcat is very rare, per LizzyM.
Thanks! CrookedCucumber 🙂
Seems like they're accepting a lot of OOS from this thread.
I'm bitter 🙂
Congratulations everyone receiving calls
I'm bitter 🙂
Congratulations everyone receiving calls
Last edited:
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
Could work out for IS on later dates though. Maybe they're just trying to grab OOS people before the snow 😛
I am OOS. I was deferred during the December review. I interviewed in October. I called and was told that they had added another date in January, the 22nd, and my application would be reviewed then. I was pleasantly surprised to have received a phone call days earlier. I was assuming that since I had been deffered I would most likely be waitlisted. I am glad I was wrong. TCMC is a wonderful institution
(I just wanted to use this smiley LOL).
(I just wanted to use this smiley LOL). Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Deferred again. -___-
Hatrick! Deferred until February. Received letter via snail mail.
I'm concerned that they filled IS spots already 🙁
I'm concerned that they filled IS spots already 🙁
Does anyone know how and when the regional campuses will be selected?
Did anyone who was deferred receive the background check email? Aside from a phone call how did you know if you were deferred or accepted? Email? Snail mail? Website? I interviewed in early December and received background check email on the 16th but have not heard anything else.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.