2012-2013 University of Texas Southwestern Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manticus, just shoot her an email she will reply. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I recently got accepted off the waitlist! Is there a good place to go check out what things we need to have completed before school starts?

Anybody know when we're going to be drug tested?

No info here. All i know is that the background check info was sent, so that is the latest development I'm aware of. No word on drug testing.

No info here. All i know is that the background check info was sent, so that is the latest development I'm aware of. No word on drug testing.

You didn't get the email about drug testing? I got it May 24th. I was just wondering if it was something we had to get done before school starts or after because I'll be out of the country for part of July. The email states, "Since the Colleges program at UT Southwestern can include visits to clinical sites, it is our intent to require this test shortly before the beginning of school in August....What is less clear is whether we can have the process completely in place before you start school. In any case, a drug test will be unavoidable."

Last edited:
Yes I did get an email about the drug testing thing, but they said they would be back and haven't been since.
My take is that they will send further information closer to the start date to have the most current possible test prior to matriculation. So late July or early August is probably when we will need to have the test done.

If they tell you so far in advance enough to prepare for the drug test, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of it?

Surprise test, friends

Can any current student tell me if we get a limited number of tickets for the white coat ceremony and if so how many we get? Thanks!

Can any current student tell me if we get a limited number of tickets for the white coat ceremony and if so how many we get? Thanks!

I can't say for sure but when I was a ms1 there were no tickets and you could bring an unlimited number of people (within reason).

Hey there everyone :)

So I'm an MS2 (well almost MS2 since classes start in 2 weeks). Since school is about to start, I'm sure a lot of you guys have a few questions about school (or life? or just about anything). And since I'm more or less bored during summer, I'd love to answer any questions that you future MS1s have :) So shoot me as many PMs as you want and I'll try to answer each and every question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.