2022-2023 UT Southwestern (UTSW)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It sounds like UTSW never announced a waitlist and it is surprising only one person is currently reporting one.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! I’m surprised nobody else has mentioned getting the WL… I assumed they put everyone who didn’t match on the WL?
No, it's a selective waitlist. It's so late in the cycle I highly doubt we'll see much movement.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Didn’t update here but I withdrew my UTSW A for one of my OOS options earlier this week! Still in the process of deciding but I received a scholarship that made it cheaper to go OOS!

Reactions: 3 users
Didn’t update here but I withdrew my UTSW A for one of my OOS options earlier this week! Still in the process of deciding but I received a scholarship that made it cheaper to go OOS!

Congrats! Case and point for those on the waitlist

Don’t give up hope if you got the email. I know several people with UTSW A’s and OOS A’s that are weighing their options
I did not get the email :) but am feeling pretty good about UTMB and excited to be attending there, so no major loss in the end!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
IS acceptance off of the WL this morning! SO excited! is there a GroupMe link/Facebook?

• Love
  • Care
Members don't see this ad :)
My partner @beansncheese and I will be withdrawing our A's here shortly. It's been a great ride Texas folks! Thanks for being awesome, loving, and caring people. Hope these A's go to two of you on the WL.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
My partner @beansncheese and I will be withdrawing our A's here shortly. It's been a great ride Texas folks! Thanks for being awesome, loving, and caring people. Hope these A's go to two of you on the WL.
Big news! Congratulations on narrowing things down further. I'm sure it hasn't been easy. All the best to you and beans! We've all got some serious work coming up.

• Love
Idk who’s sending A’s at midnight but just got off the WL 3 minutes ago!

• Love
  • Care
Same here, I just got an email at exactly midnight central time! Off the waitlist :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Same here, I just got an email at exactly midnight central time! Off the waitlist :)
Congrats!! I was totally shocked. Do you know how long we have to decide? I only saw the April 30th CTE deadline on the portal

Congrats!! I was totally shocked. Do you know how long we have to decide? I only saw the April 30th CTE deadline on the portal
This is what it said on the offer letter --> "Per TMDSAS traffic rules, an offer of acceptance received on or after April 30 will entitle you to up to 5 business days to respond to our offer. Failure to respond to our offer within 5 business days may result in the rescission of your Offer of Admission."

This is what it said on the offer letter --> "Per TMDSAS traffic rules, an offer of acceptance received on or after April 30 will entitle you to up to 5 business days to respond to our offer. Failure to respond to our offer within 5 business days may result in the rescission of your Offer of Admission."
Appreciate it! The adrenaline clearly doesn’t have me reading too well lol

Can anybody clarify how receiving financial aid work for those getting of the waitlist?

My situation is a bit weird but technically out of state now I think
UTSW's official position is that they give 1k scholarship for all OOS to accommodate instate tuition. @MCAThiccy posted a video for MPH a while ago where they mentioned this as a standard. So right off the bat you can assume you will owe IS as opposed to OOS which is a 10k scholarship per year if I remember correctly.

UTSW's official position is that they give 1k scholarship for all OOS to accommodate instate tuition. @MCAThiccy posted a video for MPH a while ago where they mentioned this as a standard. So right off the bat you can assume you will owe IS as opposed to OOS which is a 10k scholarship per year if I remember correctly.
Oh wow

I’m guessing you meant to say 10k both times, rather than 1k the first and 10k the second?

Just got off the waitlist, cannot believe it ! Deciding between UTMB and UTSW now 😊

• Love
  • Care
Idk who’s sending A’s at midnight but just got off the WL 3 minutes ago!
Will be turning down my A! McGovern countered yesterday with a full ride scholarship that I just can’t turn down. Good luck to fellow WLers! 🤗

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Will be turning down my A! McGovern countered yesterday with a full ride scholarship that I just can’t turn down. Good luck to fellow WLers! 🤗
Wow ! Congrats...so did you just call admissions and negotiate ?

Wow ! Congrats...so did you just call admissions and negotiate ?
I called them to let them know that I'd been accepted to Southwestern and just asked if there was any way I could get a tentative decision on my scholarship application any sooner since they had previously told us we'd have to wait until June. They did all the rest! Extremely grateful!!

• Haha
  • Love
Damn, that's amazing! Congrats on the full ride!!

Forgot to post because I’ve been super overwhelmed but got accepted off the WL tonight at 5:16 pm! So shocked and excited, have a big decision to make in the next few days

Forgot to post because I’ve been super overwhelmed but got accepted off the WL tonight at 5:16 pm! So shocked and excited, have a big decision to make in the next few days
Great, take your time to think & talk but of course we’ll be curious to know what you decide!

Congratulations. Very interesting situation!

Got an acceptance here at 6:48 pm yesterday! Honestly so shocked I still can’t believe it 🥹

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Lurker, adding a data point. A Tuesday afternoon! No WL email before that.

Reactions: 1 users