2021-2022 UT Southwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone give me insight on why I didn’t get an automatic II? IS 3.91/518. I even live here in Dallas. Primary submitted 6/7. Secondary submitted 7/11. Completed 7/20 (waited on LORs).
I wouldn't worry. I'm an IS 3.86/526 complete 6/2 and I didn't get mine until they had already released a few rounds of IIs

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry. I'm an IS 3.86/526 complete 6/2 and I didn't get mine until they had already released a few rounds of IIs
I hope that is the case! I definitely don’t have your stats, but I’ll try to be patient. I’m not sure why there’s so much inconsistency in this app process.

II this morning! IS reapplicant, complete end of August

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed over the weekend. If you interview in September is it usually the case that you hear back around October 15th? From what I understand from last years thread the majority of acceptances go out then and trickle out over the next few months. By "hear back" I mean both rejection/acceptance. Or do TMDSAS schools not sent out rejection emails?

Last edited:
II this morning! IS reapplicant, complete end of August
Congrats on your upcoming interview, I wish u the best. I am also a reapplicant. I am currently working as a scribe in the ER. Just curious, what did u do to improve your application from last time applying?

Congrats on your upcoming interview, I wish u the best. I am also a reapplicant. I am currently working as a scribe in the ER. Just curious, what did u do to improve your application from last time applying?
Thanks! I think I was lacking in clinical experience last cycle (the schools I interviewed at didn't do application review so not 100% sure), so I mainly did clinical stuff. Worked full time as a scribe, now doing clinical research. Also submitting my applications a lot earlier. The schools I somehow got interviews from I was complete late October/November 1... yikes lol

IS II this morning! Complete mid-June

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Does UTSW not have a pre-II social? I'm interviewing tomorrow and haven't received any link of the sort

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard UTSW has done midnight emails before, not sure if they still do???

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if UTSW said they'll start sending offers today?

Someone I’m in a groupchat with got an A 30 minutes ago

Does anyone know if UTSW is also releasing scholsrships with acceptances?

Prematched with a full CoA scholarship!! A very welcome surprise after 2 Rs today before this.

Reactions: 6 users
Prematch earlier! Just a question: If I accept on the portal, is it binding?

Reactions: 1 users
Do you need to submit the FAFSA in order to see any potential scholarships or are merit scholarships automatic prior to submitting? (Assuming you have an acceptance)

Do you need to submit the FAFSA in order to see any potential scholarships or are merit scholarships automatic prior to submitting? (Assuming you have an acceptance)
I have not filled out FAFSA, so I think this is merit that was automatic.

hi y'all!! would you be able to say when you interviewed if you feel comfortable?

If we didn’t prematch this wave probably means waitlist right? From prior threads at least

A earlier today!!! I interviewed the last week of August, ORM, LM 77.

In the email they mentioned an OOS scholarship that is accompanied by "a minimum of $1000 in additional scholarship support each year." Does anybody know when we will find out how much the "additional scholarship" will be for UTSW?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
OOS A earlier today!!! I interviewed the last week of August, ORM, LM 77.

In the email they mentioned an OOS scholarship that is accompanied by "a minimum of $1000 in additional scholarship support each year." Does anybody know when we will find out how much the "additional scholarship" will be for UTSW?
What that usually means in Tx is that if a school awards you 1000 or more in scholarship $, the added benefit is that you get to pay in- state tuition instead of OOS, a good discount on your tuition.

What that usually means in Tx is that if a school awards you 1000 or more in scholarship $, the added benefit is that you get to pay in- state tuition instead of OOS, a good discount on your tuition.

You pay same as an instate resident and you also have a $1000 in addition. Essentially texas state law says any student receiving a $1000 scholarship gets to pay instate tuition and this is used by most graduate students to entice OOS and international students.

You pay same as an instate resident and you also have a $1000 in addition. Essentially texas state law says any student receiving a $1000 scholarship gets to pay instate tuition and this is used by most graduate students to entice OOS and international students.
I don't believe the bolded statement is correct - not all med schools make this offer of 1K and ability to pay in-state tuition.

Hello, I didn’t prematch yesterday and interviewed early September. Does anyone know if there’s still a chance here? This was my top choice but I don’t want to hold out hope if there is none lol
Not getting a pre-match is not indicative of not getting an acceptance ever. They may give a pre-match later in the cycle or save it for match day. They probably won't give a pre-match to everyone they end up accepting. So, there's still hope! Praying for you

Reactions: 2 users
I don't believe the bolded statement is correct - not all med schools make this offer of 1K and ability to pay in-state tuition.
I didnt say that all medical schools do that, only the law states that if they give you 1k scholarship, you are eligible for instate. It depends on whether the school wants to do that or not. I had a typo - i meant graduate school instead of student. This is same offer lot of international students get at regular graduate programs so they get to pay instate and this deal is not specific to med schools.

Is there a fee to pay while accepting the prematch offer?

On another note, I read on this website (What You Need to Know About Pre-Match Offers) that other schools can know which schools gave you a prematch offer. Has that always been the case?
Most TX MD schools don’t require a deposit to accept a prematch offer- a few do.
I don’t know about the answer to your second question but that site is official word from TMDSAS.