2013-2014 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any OOS students gotten ii's or acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS applicant, interviewed 10/14 but haven't heard anything back since interview. I thought they said we would hear back with a week or two with at least an update with whether our application was accepted, on hold or rejected. anyone else who interviewed have an estimate on the time frame?

any IS completed secondary in Mid-Aug and haven't heard anything from MCG? 3.55cGPA/3.77sGPA from Georgia Tech, 33 MCAT (12,10,11), submitted Aug 12, silence since...

any IS completed secondary in Mid-Aug and haven't heard anything from MCG? 3.55cGPA/3.77sGPA from Georgia Tech, 33 MCAT (12,10,11), submitted Aug 12, silence since...

Me... -___-

OOS applicant, interviewed 10/14 but haven't heard anything back since interview. I thought they said we would hear back with a week or two with at least an update with whether our application was accepted, on hold or rejected. anyone else who interviewed have an estimate on the time frame?
I interviewed on October 4th, and they did say that they'd send something one way or the other every time they reviewed/sent out notifications. I haven't heard anything yet either, but I do know that acceptances were sent out on the 16th, which suggests to me somewhat of a delay between interview and consideration. I wonder how often they send these out; monthly perhaps?

Has anyone heard anything, because I know I'm not the only one here constantly refreshing this page.

Me too.

I feel like we'll hear something tomorrow. Judging by last year, they seem to give out decisions on Fridays o_O

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like we'll hear something tomorrow. Judging by last year, they seem to give out decisions on Fridays o_O
I surely hope so. Last year acceptances seemed to occur much more frequently (every Friday in October and November almost). Maybe the school consolidation has slowed down the process.

Another Friday of silence over here :confused:. Any souls brave enough to call the admissions department next week and inquire about their status?

Another Friday of silence over here :confused:. Any souls brave enough to call the admissions department next week and inquire about their status?

I called the admission office, they said that they were a little behind because there was a conference in Pittsburgh that many of the admission committee participated in. This resulted in at least one meetings being cancelled. Because there is only two meetings per month, this might have been a significant setback on admissions.

Be patient, they don't have to tell us anything till March!

I called the admission office, they said that they were a little behind because there was a conference in Pittsburgh that many of the admission committee participated in. This resulted in at least one meetings being cancelled. Because there is only two meetings per month, this might have been a significant setback on admissions.

Thanks for calling.

Thanks for calling.
Yes, thank you! This explains quite a bit. Much appreciation.

Accepted this morning through email! Interviewed Nov. 8th, OOS, 32 MCAT, 3.8 Postbac GPA

Accepted this morning through email! Interviewed Nov. 8th, OOS, 32 MCAT, 3.8 Postbac GPA

Well I'm officially nervous. I interviewed on the 6th and have similar stats to you while being IS. Congrats on the acceptance!

Congrats! Well, hopefully good news from others are coming soon!

Thanks everyone, I'll be hoping you all get good news soon as well! Keep your heads up!

Congrats! Well, hopefully good news from others are coming soon!
Thanks everyone, I'll be hoping you all get good news soon as well! Keep your heads up!
They're accepting early November interviewees so who knows.

Edited to preserve the sanity of fellow SDN members.

Last edited:
Although the ratio of acceptances to silence is quite weird this year... There have been what, about 5 people on here accepted so far? Last year it was many more by this time. Maybe they're taking more time to look over applications.

Has anyone who interviewed in October heard anything one way or the other?

I can totally see the admissions reading this thread and laughing a little that one person made a bunch of october interviewees panic. Congrats for those who are accepted and patience for those who aren't :)

I can totally see the admissions reading this thread and laughing a little that one person made a bunch of october interviewees panic. Congrats for those who are accepted and patience for those who aren't :)
Probably an overreaction, but isn't that a bit weird to you? November acceptances but none for late Sept/October!!!

Well I just came away with the impression that they said they'd notify us one way or the other any time they met/issued decisions; possibly I'm mistaken?

Well I just came away with the impression that they said they'd notify us one way or the other any time they met/issued decisions; possibly I'm mistaken?
You are correct. I'm assuming the lack of communication is because of the meeting that jpham notified us about and the school consolidation may be slowing things down.

Only one more Friday in this month left for notifications (certainly won't be anything on Thanksgiving) so let's hope to hear something then.

Looking at last years thread, there were sept/oct interviewees that weren't accepted until December. They got passed over the first couple meetings. We just gotta be patient. During the first couple meetings, they probably only accept people that completely rocked the interviews (and have really strong applications) while deferring the rest.

mk47, I interviewed on the same day as you and I remember you!!! Congratulations on getting in.

As for me, I haven't heard back yet either. IS.

mk47, I interviewed on the same day as you and I remember you!!! Congratulations on getting in.

As for me, I haven't heard back yet either. IS.

Thanks! I hope you hear some good news soon, I liked our group of interviewees :)

Still waiting for an ii. Finished the secondary back in august, but not complete until Oct. 21. Nervous!

IS RD, GPA:3.6 MCAT: 33

Hey guys! I interviewed late September and was accepted last Friday. Don't give up hope if you interviewed earlier - I don't think they go in chronological order. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I interviewed late September and was accepted last Friday. Don't give up hope if you interviewed earlier - I don't think they go in chronological order. Best of luck to everyone!
Congratulations!

Accepted this morning via email! My interview date was Nov 8th. Good luck to everyone :]

Accepted this morning via email! My interview date was Nov 8th. Good luck to everyone :]
Congrats, and thank you for keeping us updated.

If anyone from october interviews could speak up, because I know I didn't get anything. I'm going on the assumption they loved our month so much that they wanted it to keep it a surprise as long as possible, or I just got passed over. I prefer the former.

I interviewed early in October and still haven't heard anything