2020-2021 Medical College of Georgia at Augusta

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Probably will be rejections and waitlists tomorrow should it follow last years cycle; waitlist movement will be next towards the end of April

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
As far what I’ve heard, the admissions committee met for the last time last Thursday for acceptances

it was this week exactly pretty much last year that rejections and waitlists went out

I really doubt this. They are expecting 300 students for this year's class and the facebook group has only ~130 people. Just to put this into context, last year's facebook group has over 350 people for an even smaller class.
Wait, I thought there were only 260 slots? 🤔

Reactions: 1 user
those who have been accepted: can you guys see MCG on your choose your medical school tool?

Okay just to be sure I am good. MCG takes fafsa only and the fafsa # is the same for the general university?

Okay just to be sure I am good. MCG takes fafsa only and the fafsa # is the same for the general university?

Yep! The FAFSA code is the same as for Augusta University, no matter if you prefer the Athens campus or the Augusta campus.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does MCG send out any A’s in March?
I interviewed in September but still haven’t heard back yet.
If they’re going to reject or WL me would they at least let me know?

Just got the waitlist email :( best of luck to everybody else!

Reactions: 3 users
just recieved waitlist email as well. at least it's not an R!

Reactions: 2 users
Also got the waitlist email! Glad to know something haha best of luck to everyone!

Plus whatever on the WL. Did anyone get rejected? Or do they put everyone on the waitlist?

WL. They stopped accepting thank you letters/ letters of intent a while ago right?

Wow. Looks like everyone that didn't get accepted got waitlisted. I will see everyone in May I guess. 👋 👋 👋
You have said this twice now today, and you could be right, but it is really just unnecessary speculation. People who have been/ will be rejected are much less likely to post.

You have said this twice now today, and you could be right, but it is really just unnecessary speculation. People who have been/ will be rejected are much less likely to post.
I did find out that at least one rejection went out Friday because I heard about through a mutual friend. So you’re most likely correct in assuming that people that got rejected are much less likely to post about it.

For current students: I just visited Augusta this weekend and looked around campus. I found the Harrison Education Buiding, but I barely saw any parking for med students, even on the campus map. Where do you park?

I see a lot of people got waitlisted. I received an email about being on the alternate list. What is the difference between waitlist and alternate list for the Medical College of Georgia?

I see a lot of people got waitlisted. I received an email about being on the alternate list. What is the difference between waitlist and alternate list for the Medical College of Georgia?
same thing

same thing
I guess I am also just wondering if the alternate list is synonymous with the waitlist for MCG. I know it can be different for different universities but I haven't been able to find answer for MCG specifically.

I guess I am also just wondering if the alternate list is synonymous with the waitlist for MCG. I know it can be different for different universities but I haven't been able to find answer for MCG specifically.
it is the same

For current students: I just visited Augusta this weekend and looked around campus. I found the Harrison Education Buiding, but I barely saw any parking for med students, even on the campus map. Where do you park?
There are some spots in the Cancer parking deck close to the building. Otherwise, you can park by the gas station on 15th street and Laney Walker, across the train tracks, or at the nearby high school.

Waitlisted as well. GPA: 3.87, sGPA: 3.82, MCAT: 519 (128,128,132,131)
This sucks, I wonder what went wrong

• Care
current students, can you share about student health insurance offered by MCG?
also, how's the neighborhood in downtown augusta? I'm thinking about buying a house and am wondering if it'll be safe to live by myself

WL along with everyone else; will most likely withdraw by the end of the week. Hoping it helps with WL movement, even if just a tiny bit! Wishing y’all the best 😘

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
for those waitlisted, we are supposed to send final transcripts after we graduate? I graduate in the spring so I guess I dont send mine until it's final?

when will they release campus assignments.. that’s what I am wondering 🧐