2020-2021 Medical College of Georgia at Augusta

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some advice for those getting off the WL. Look for housing quickly. Housing is going fast and if you’re in Athens it will go even faster with there being three colleges here.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know about how many people are waitlisted and how many people they pull? i have made arrangements for next year and am in the process of finalizing them so i just want to know some stats there especially because mcg is one of the few schools that does not post this data on amcas/msar. thanks and congratulations to you all getting off the waitlist or have already been accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know about how many people are waitlisted and how many people they pull? i have made arrangements for next year and am in the process of finalizing them so i just want to know some stats there especially because mcg is one of the few schools that does not post this data on amcas/msar. thanks and congratulations to you all getting off the waitlist or have already been accepted!
I'm not completely sure what the actual numbers are but from what I've heard from my friends that go to MCG, there is usually a lot more movement than other schools simply because of the size of the class. again, I'm not completely sure, but that's what I've heard.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not completely sure what the actual numbers are but from what I've heard from my friends that go to MCG, there is usually a lot more movement than other schools simply because of the size of the class. again, I'm not completely sure, but that's what I've heard.
thanks! yeah i just wish they had numbers 😭 i also wonder how the increase in apps overall this cycle might affect movement because i would imagine that it’ll be less than average given how many more people are probably waiting to get in!

Is the UGA campus less focused on primary care?
Also does anyone know mcgs soap rate for last year and 2020?

Got pulled off the waitlist this morning as well!!! Don't give up!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Yes! The commit to enroll option is the one that means you cannot stay on other waitlists, but ifU ha
Yes! The commit to enroll option is the one that means you cannot stay on other waitlists, but if you plan to enroll, no need to withdraw waitlists.
Does this also apply to holding other acceptances? If I was just offered an acceptance elsewhere but have only selected PTE to MCG, am I required to immediately withdraw my other acceptance?

Does this also apply to holding other acceptances? If I was just offered an acceptance elsewhere but have only selected PTE to MCG, am I required to immediately withdraw my other acceptance?
That's kind of the point of the plan to enroll and traffic day. You have to choose one school out of all your acceptances by May 1. You can remain on waitlists after may 1, but you can only stay on one accepted school list at a time after that day. Hope that helps!

If you were offered another acceptance after the April 30th PTE day, you usually have a few days (based on individual school policy) to make a final decision typically. MCG does not care about the PTE April 30th day -- I called them and they specified that July 6th is the Commit to Enroll deadline that matters, but they don't have a hard deadline for PTE. I would call up your recent acceptance to clarify their policy as well.

If you were offered another acceptance after the April 30th PTE day, you usually have a few days (based on individual school policy) to make a final decision typically. MCG does not care about the PTE April 30th day -- I called them and they specified that July 6th is the Commit to Enroll deadline that matters, but they don't have a hard deadline for PTE. I would call up your recent acceptance to clarify their policy as well.
Ya I wanted to call them today but I received the acceptance after business hours. Now I’m scared to hold onto this acceptance for too long lol

Ya I wanted to call them today but I received the acceptance after business hours. Now I’m scared to hold onto this acceptance for too long lol

I wouldn't worry about it since if they granted you the acceptance after business hours today then it's unreasonable of them to assume you'd have to release the acceptance immediately. I'd just call them on Monday morning to figure things out.

Accepted off the waitlist this morning! I’m so excited!!! Stats: 4.0 GPA, 506 MCAT.
Interviewed early November.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone off the WL gotten any info about pounce/ fin aid? Trying to figure out what the next steps are after accepting

has anyone off the WL gotten any info about pounce/ fin aid? Trying to figure out what the next steps are after accepting
I haven't yet; I'm planning to email today and see what the expected timeline to receive that info is

I got my pounce ID and email this morning, still nothing about fin aid tho

Also, if I'm on the WL for other schools, should I still go ahead and fill out the immunization forms for MCG? or wait until I commit to enroll?

I got my pounce ID and email this morning, still nothing about fin aid tho

Also, if I'm on the WL for other schools, should I still go ahead and fill out the immunization forms for MCG? or wait until I commit to enroll?

I would go ahead and do the immunization forms for now since you need to draw antibody titers and may need to redo some of your immunizations anyways which would come in handy for other schools should you get in off the waitlist.

Any idea about waitlist movement?
I think including godawgs10 that brings us to n=6 on this thread of people accepted off the waitlist since the beginning of May. Not sure if there are more who haven’t posted on this thread.

@ANY accepted people off the waitlist, if you post stats that would be really helpful!!

I received my acceptance off the waitlist yesterday morning!
Congrats!! That’s so exciting!

Just for everyone else’s information, It doesn’t seem like MCG sends out waitlist acceptances on a particular day. I received mine a week ago on a Tuesday, and @godawgs10 received theirs on a Monday.

Got off the WL this afternoon!!! so excited!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got off the WL on Tuesday, 3.92 GPA, 513 MCAT, wondering what email I need to send Transcript to?

is anyone else having a hard time logging into pounce - I keep getting an authentication error ??

hey y'all! I'm an accepted student at the Athens campus for MCG and I'm looking for a 4th roommate for this cute house! Message me if you're interested :)

Got off the waitlist this morning at 8:47!!! Stats 512, 3.88 GPA, 3.92 STEM, IS, ORM

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
for the past few days I have been unable to login to my portal. has this happened to anyone else?

for the past few days I have been unable to login to my portal. has this happened to anyone else?
Yep, I ran into the same problem so I called the admissions office this morning. Apparently, they're in the process of revamping their portal, so that is likely what's causing the technical errors.