You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 New York Medical College Application Thread
Started by JJMrK
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ok its been a like 5 days and still no update, i submitted mine on the 17th of july, what is taking so long.
edit: i wrote august the first time. lolz
edit: i wrote august the first time. lolz
Last edited:
ok its been a like 5 days and still no update, i submitted mine on the 17th of august, what is taking so long.
could be the fact that you submitted in the future..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
woops july
I only just got under review on 8/6 after submitting two weeks ago. Thanks, AMCAS letters, for not sending stuff that I told you to send back when I applied.
On a lighter note, I was visiting a friend in NY and decided to swing by since it was on the way. I sent lots of good vibes around the school, lol.
On a lighter note, I was visiting a friend in NY and decided to swing by since it was on the way. I sent lots of good vibes around the school, lol.
Finally complete!
Submitted 7/15
Complete 8/07
Submitted 7/15
Complete 8/07
Finally complete!
Submitted 7/15
Complete 8/07
Did you get an email or did you have to check the website to see your complete status?
And congrats!
Did you get an email or did you have to check the website to see your complete status?
And congrats!
Just check your status. I've been complete since 7/15...
Then don't send you emails when you're complete, just check the secondary application site.Did you get an email or did you have to check the website to see your complete status?
And congrats!
When I check, there is a blank after Letter Received, and it says "In order to view your received evaluations your secondary application must first be processed by the Admissions Office."
Secondary submitted 7/15
Primary verified 7/25
But thanks!
Secondary submitted 7/15
Primary verified 7/25
But thanks!
The complete secondary looks like this (in the middle of the page):When I check, there is a blank after Letter Received, and it says "In order to view your received evaluations your secondary application must first be processed by the Admissions Office."
Secondary submitted 7/15
Primary verified 7/25
But thanks!
Judging by the dates, they enter the letters manually as they process the secondaries.LETTER RECEIVED:
07/30/2013 from Dr. X
07/30/2013 from Dr. Y
07/30/2013 from Dr. Z
** Your Secondary Application was completed on 07/30/2013 and is currently under review. **
And it looks like it takes them 2 weeks and more to process an application.
Thanks! 🙂 Now I know what to keep my eyes open for when I check. Which I do compulsively, lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know the feeling 🙂 There are a couple of schools whose status pages I keep refreshing.Thanks! 🙂 Now I know what to keep my eyes open for when I check. Which I do compulsively, lol.
D
deleted530324
** Your Secondary Application was completed on 07/22/2013 and is currently under review. **
Any interview invites yet??
Any interview invites yet??
Did you get an email or did you have to check the website to see your complete status?
And congrats!
No email, just checking the status page!
My secondary was received on 7/15 and my verified primary app is also received. But none of my letters are being shown in the application status page and it's not saying that I'm complete..is anybody having similar issues? Is NYMC just slow at processing secondaries or is there a glitch with my app?
My secondary was received on 7/15 and my verified primary app is also received. But none of my letters are being shown in the application status page and it's not saying that I'm complete..is anybody having similar issues? Is NYMC just slow at processing secondaries or is there a glitch with my app?
I'm in the exact same boat. Secondary received 7/15. Primary verified. Still nothing on the status page.
** Your Secondary Application was completed on 07/22/2013 and is currently under review. **
Any interview invites yet??
last year, ii started aug 7, so hopefully some action this week. i imagine a lot of schools will send stuff out this week. or at least i hope.
Same problem here as well! Secondary submitted sometime in early-mid July and AMCAS verified August 1st.I'm in the exact same boat. Secondary received 7/15. Primary verified. Still nothing on the status page.
Same problem here as well! Secondary submitted sometime in early-mid July and AMCAS verified August 1st.
I'm in the exact same boat. Secondary received 7/15. Primary verified. Still nothing on the status page.
Mine has the secondary submission date, my LOR names, and something that says that I'm complete and under review. It's in very fine print under the "Letters Received" section.
Sent my secondary but AMCAS application is not even verified yet. This 8 weeks delay sucks!
Does anyone know if NYMC is receptive to an "in the area" email, and if so should it be sent to the admissions email address?
Considering that II's haven't gone out yet, probably a bad move.
Received and submitted. almost too easy...
Will receive this secondary soon. Are there no essays?
No essays.Will receive this secondary soon. Are there no essays?
If you have a letter from someone that taught you in more than one course, do you just pick one to enter in the course information? Should I just list how many credits that one course is, or the total with that instructor?
Also, did people on the quarter system convert their credits or list them exactly as they appear on transcripts? I've seen the question posed a few times on here, but no answer.
Also, did people on the quarter system convert their credits or list them exactly as they appear on transcripts? I've seen the question posed a few times on here, but no answer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent in my secondary about a month ago, and my primary was verified almost 2 weeks ago and it still says my secondary hasnt been processed yet. do they wait until the primary is received to process the secondary?
Yes
So I sent in my secondary on 7/16, my primary was verified on 7/23, and it STILL is blank after the "LETTER RECEIVED" heading. Should I call?
I'm in the same boat and turned in my stuff the same day you did
So I sent in my secondary on 7/16, my primary was verified on 7/23, and it STILL is blank after the "LETTER RECEIVED" heading. Should I call?
I think you should. I submitted on 8/2 and my status changed two days ago.
If you have a letter from someone that taught you in more than one course, do you just pick one to enter in the course information? Should I just list how many credits that one course is, or the total with that instructor?
Also, did people on the quarter system convert their credits or list them exactly as they appear on transcripts? I've seen the question posed a few times on here, but no answer.
I tried to squeeze in all the courses that I took with the prof, luckily it fits, and I totaled the credits of the courses, lol not sure how others did it.
Listed exactly on transcript, again not sure how others did.
I tried to squeeze in all the courses that I took with the prof, luckily it fits, and I totaled the credits of the courses, lol not sure how others did it.
Listed exactly on transcript, again not sure how others did.
I tried to squeeze them all in, but the course numbers wouldn't all fit. I finally ended up just picking one. Hopefully the prof mentions that I took his course for an entire year somewhere in the letter.
Submitted yesterday. Hooray!
I'm in the same boat and turned in my stuff the same day you did
I called and told the lady when I submitted and asked if it was normal to wait this long for the letters to be updated. She said yes, and that it takes 4-6 weeks because they manually go through them....and then the call dropped. So sitting at about 4 weeks now, I guess we just gotta sit tight for a bit.
I think you should. I submitted on 8/2 and my status changed two days ago.
Strange. Maybe they make IS applicants a priority when doing this...
So I sent in my secondary on 7/16, my primary was verified on 7/23, and it STILL is blank after the "LETTER RECEIVED" heading. Should I call?
I sent in the secondary 7/15, primary verified 7/26, letters received 8/05
so i dont know whats going on over at NYMC
I called and told the lady when I submitted and asked if it was normal to wait this long for the letters to be updated. She said yes, and that it takes 4-6 weeks because they manually go through them....and then the call dropped. So sitting at about 4 weeks now, I guess we just gotta sit tight for a bit.
Strange. Maybe they make IS applicants a priority when doing this...
Thanks for the update.. I was about to call too cause I was worried .. It's been a month for me since I submitted my sec
Interviews do not begin until October, so no sense in worrying about II's not coming in yet people.
I sent in the secondary 7/15, primary verified 7/26, letters received 8/05
so i dont know whats going on over at NYMC
Are you in-state?
Are you in-state?
nope OOS
Interviews do not begin until October, so no sense in worrying about II's not coming in yet people.
Thanks for the info. So start worrying at the end of October if I don't hear back.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I finished the secondary in July and was verified on August 1st or 2nd and I still am not complete. Im in-state
It seems like the ppl who are still waiting to be complete sent in their secondaries prior to being verified... Hmm...
Nah, I submitted before being verified and I am completeIt seems like the ppl who are still waiting to be complete sent in their secondaries prior to being verified... Hmm...
Nah, I submitted before being verified and I am complete
Me too.
ANybody get anything with <30 MCAT ?
ANybody get anything with <30 MCAT ?
Well, they don't screen secondaries and they haven't done interviews yet .. so there isn't anything to "get" yet.