You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 SUNY Upstate Application Thread
Started by JJMrK
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1
Same question. I have the CPR/AED certification, but not the BLS. I sent them an email earlier today.
Hear anything back?
As long as it is CPR/AED for healthcare providers, it should be fine.Hear anything back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They haven't even finished sending out responses to recent interviews yet. You have some more time to wait, I think.Has anyone on 'High Priority' waiting list heard anything from Upstate?
When did people on the last year's waiting list started getting acceptance email?
Thanks for any information for an impatient individual.
They haven't even finished sending out responses to recent interviews yet. You have some more time to wait, I think.Has anyone on 'High Priority' waiting list heard anything from Upstate?
When did people on the last year's waiting list started getting acceptance email?
Thanks for any information for an impatient individual.
who is matriculating to upstate medical university in 2014?
<------------------who is matriculating to upstate medical university in 2014?
This anticipation is killing me.
Placed on High Priority Alternate list just now, interviewed mid-January. 

Mid-January? I interviewed mid-Februrary and they said expect to hear back the first week of March. Gah.
class of 2018 yay! I am a graduate student here at Upstate currently. If you have any questions regarding the city and living situation, feel free.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!
When did you interview?
When did you interview?
Mine just went blank too.
Hoping get both get good newsMine just went blank too.
Me too. When did you interview?
Accepted this morning also.....
Rejected.
Damn Sry to hear that, mine is still blank.Rejected.
That's effectively a rejection. Sorry to hear that.
Unless it's a HPR waitlist.
You never know...I know the chances of getting off that list are looking pretty low, but you never know. Good luck, dude!
If we're planning on living on-campus (anyone living off-campus?), when do we fill out the housing form? Do we get an email about it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Honestly don't care even if I would have gotten in I would of chosen buffalo over itYou never know...I know the chances of getting off that list are looking pretty low, but you never know. Good luck, dude!
Why is that?
Idk liked buffalo more when I was there. Both Schools are pretty equal so can't go wrong either way. Just see myself more happy at buffaloWhy is that?
I had a friend who recently graduated from Buffalo and she loved it there...so, I understand. Enjoy!
I am planning to rent a bedroom out of campus. It's way cheaper...If we're planning on living on-campus (anyone living off-campus?), when do we fill out the housing form? Do we get an email about it?
I am planning to rent a bedroom out of campus. It's way cheaper...
Living with other students?
I'll be attending. I'm leaning towards off-campus housing, even though I can see the convenience of living at Geneva Tower. I think a 2br at nearby Madison Tower or Jefferson Tower may be a good alternative, if I can find another med student for a suite mate. If anyone is also leaning with off-campus living and looking for a roommate, please PM me. I'm a 25 yo male, if that matters to anyone.
Maybe. But I think houses near the school are pretty much dominated by students.Living with other students?
The latest email from Upstate just answered my previous question. 🙂
anyone planning on attending second look day? also, does anyone know how many students usually come to this?
Are you a student at Upstate? At my interview they made it seem like most of the people on the HPA were ultimately accepted but when I went through threads from previous years very few people posted that they were accepted off of the HPA. Can you or anyone else comment on this apparent disparity?HPA is not a bad place to be, it typically sees significant movement! You can call later in the cycle and admissions can give you a better idea of where you sit on that list. Many, many people get in off the HPA.
Yes I am current student at Upstate. Im not sure how much you can draw just from the SDN members considering they are likely a very small percentage of applicants (and HPA applicants more specifically). Each year varies with some years very few (or even no) people coming off the HPA to dozens and dozens--but typically Upstate applicants can expect to see a lot of movement of the HPA.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will attend. I need to visit anyway to find a house to rent during the school years.anyone planning on attending second look day? also, does anyone know how many students usually come to this?
Yeah same here although I'm probably going to go with geneva tower. Does anyone know when those of us who applied will get our housing assignments?I will attend. I need to visit anyway to find a house to rent during the school years.
If we're planning on living on-campus (anyone living off-campus?), when do we fill out the housing form? Do we get an email about it?
I am currently a student at upstate and I would like to say DO NOT live in geneva towers next year. The windows don't open so it can get very stuffy in the rooms. You have a thermostat but it doesn't really control your room. It is a green building so the heating is averaged by floor so if everyone on your floor likes it really hot and you don't you're SOL cuz it's gonna be hot. The walls are paper thin so you can hear everything that is going on in the apartments around yours. You can also hear people from other apartments through the vents. It is not THAT close to campus, definitely not worth paying for the location. It costs about DOUBLE as any other apartment you can find in the city. Lastly, there are RA's that patrol the building. So if you enjoyed living in dorms and being told what to do even though you are an adult then feel free to live in Geneva. Avoid unless you have no other option
Hey, I am also matriculating to Upstate... can I ask you what email this was and what your question was? They told me there was a problem sending me some emails so I'm trying to find out what I missed.The latest email from Upstate just answered my previous question. 🙂