2013-2014 Texas Tech - El Paso Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
+2

dont read too much into it.

I'd wager that the portal opened up so Foster could send out the interview invites and closed it back up when they were done.

I was wondering why they opened it back up, I guess that makes sense. Unfortunately no luck for me yet

I called the admissions office today to ask when oos applicants might be notified. The dean said some OOS acceptances have gone out but not all that they are planning on sending.

I called the admissions office today to ask when oos applicants might be notified. The dean said some OOS acceptances have gone out but not all that they are planning on sending.

Grrr. Did they say when more might be coming? That's depressing.

Received an interview invite yesterday for Nov. 21st!

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary was complete towards the end up June but due to a MCAT retake, I had to wait until mid August to get my main officially 'done.'

II yesterday.
29, 3.67
TMDSAS submitted aug 7th
Can't remember when the secondary was submitted, but it must have been around Aug 27th.
App wasn't entirely complete due to MCAT scores that came out Sept 24th.

Good luck everyone!

II yesterday.
29, 3.67
TMDSAS submitted aug 7th
Can't remember when the secondary was submitted, but it must have been around Aug 27th.
App wasn't entirely complete due to MCAT scores that came out Sept 24th.

Good luck everyone!

Wow, glad to see they're still going out. Congrats man, good luck

Any current students have insight into scholarships at Foster? Lots? Few? Awarded at admission or later? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a pre-match acceptance by e-mail, so they are sending them out already.

Just got a pre-match acceptance by e-mail, so they are sending them out already.
Exactly what I just got on here to check. Thanks for the information, and major congrats! I know for a fact the following schools are sending them out already, too, in case anyone is searching for the same information: A&M, UTMB, TCOM, UT Houston, and Lubbock. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Just got one as well a bit later so seems like they are staggering the emails.
congrats morgana, sounds like you are having a great prematch day! i guess I'll have to wait until match day at this point..not sure how much movement actually happens in terms of prematches at this point.

congrats morgana, sounds like you are having a great prematch day! i guess I'll have to wait until match day at this point..not sure how much movement actually happens in terms of prematches at this point.

Someone else mentioned hearing differently but I wrote down from the interview day presentation that El Paso is pretty conservative on prematches and most of the class comes from the match.

omg omg prematch just now. I'm going to be a doctor!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted 3:39pm today. Anyone get scholarship in their acceptance email?

Congrats Nick I'm happy for you buddy
Thanks Will! I'm sure our paths will cross again soon. And congrats to everyone who pre-matched!!! Been a hell of a ride haha

Reactions: 1 user
prematched at 3:13pm. turning down this offer. good luck!

Is there a fee to hold this pre-match offer?

>A non-refundable (after May 15) Placement Guarantee Fee of $100 is required from students accepting a place in the entering class. You will be notified in our February mailing regarding this fee. It is not necessary to include this fee with your letter of acceptance.

Does anyone know what the respond by letter mean? I've accepted through Merlin and email already. Thanks!

Anyone receive a letter in mail or offer of scholarship?

For anyone wondering, I went and checked last years thread and another batch of prematches went out on Dec 17 and included people who interviewed before and after Nov 15. So we might see another batch about a month from now.

I got my letter in the mail today - no scholarship info. Do they usually tell you if you'll get a scholarship during the pre-match period or does that happen in the spring?

Edit: Also did anyone get any scholarship information in the initial acceptance email? Thanks!
haven't gotten mine yet- hopefully will see it tmw!

Received my letter today. No scholarship info.

Received my letter today. No scholarship info.
not trying to be neurotic- but anyone prematch and not receive their letter? I'm waiting for mine and I dot want to miss the two week deadline. especially seeing that next week is thanksgiving...

not trying to be neurotic- but anyone prematch and not receive their letter? I'm waiting for mine and I dot want to miss the two week deadline. especially seeing that next week is thanksgiving...
I got mine Friday. Don't worry guys.. you'll have the ability to scan the document and email. That way you'll have it delivered instantaneously.