You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013 - 2014 University at Buffalo (SUNY) Wait List Thread
Started by Pathologist333
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I hope we hear (good news) about our tier positions in February. Best wishes everyone!
I'll just leave this here: (include interview date if you want!)
Accepted off the Wait List!!!!
Top Third
Middle Third
Bottom Third
I'll just leave this here: (include interview date if you want!)
Accepted off the Wait List!!!!
Top Third
Middle Third
Bottom Third
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh no, now we have to wait until April/May when there's movement. Did they tell you anything in terms of where you stand or anything else about the waitlist?
Th
Thanks for the info. Good luck, hope we'll make it!
No, they wouldn't tell me anything more than that.
Thanks for the info. Good luck, hope we'll make it!
During my interview they said we could inquire later about our position. Latroi did you talk to Mr. Rosso or someone else?
I spoke with Mr. Rosso. He just said that Dr. Severin made the decision to not divide the wait list into thirds and that we would hear back "in a few months or so".During my interview they said we could inquire later about our position. Latroi did you talk to Mr. Rosso or someone else?
I just called and he told me the same thing. On one hand, I'm relieved that I don't have to categorize myself into a third for the next few months, but on the other, I don't want to be holding onto false hope if my UB acceptance is never coming.
Mr. Rosso told me that if Dr. Severin changed his mind, it would be reflected on our status page.
If I hear anything, I'll post here. Good luck to the rest of you in the meantime!
Mr. Rosso told me that if Dr. Severin changed his mind, it would be reflected on our status page.
If I hear anything, I'll post here. Good luck to the rest of you in the meantime!
Last edited:
I just called and he told me the same thing. On one hand, I'm relieved that I don't have to categorize myself into a third for the next few months, but on the other, I don't want to holding onto false hope if my UB acceptance is never coming.
Mr. Rosso told me that if Dr. Severin changed his mind, it would be reflected on our status page.
If I hear anything, I'll post here. Good luck to the rest of you in the meantime!
Guess I'll be neurotically checking the status page ever day...
I cant say that im not dissapointed by this recent change. I really appreciated that SUNY buffalo was one of the only schools that seemed to be transparent during this already stressful and convoluted application process. But with this change, that is gone also. It would have really helped to know our tiers especially when trying to decide whether to actually spend the money to interview at OOS schools that i'd never pick over buffalo. But alas, I guess we all have to wait till spring now.
Guess I'll be neurotically checking the status page ever day...
I hear ya - definitely try to keep yourself busy with ECs, hobbies, movies, anything fun. That's my game plan. I love Buffalo and totally think it's worth the wait. Plus, in 6 months we could be starting classes there and any worrying will have been for nothing. Try to keep that in mind!
Stay positive!!
They have changed a lot this year including this and the computer scoring system. In the past they used to release the decision the day after your interview. I remember them saying that they were trying to make the wait list a little smaller this year so hopefully that will increase our chances. I don't like rushing life, but I can't wait for April/May.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you mean make the waitlist smaller? Does that mean they interview less, since I've never heard of any post-interview rejections so far?They have changed a lot this year including this and the computer scoring system. In the past they used to release the decision the day after your interview. I remember them saying that they were trying to make the wait list a little smaller this year so hopefully that will increase our chances. I don't like rushing life, but I can't wait for April/May.
They have changed a lot this year including this and the computer scoring system. In the past they used to release the decision the day after your interview. I remember them saying that they were trying to make the wait list a little smaller this year so hopefully that will increase our chances. I don't like rushing life, but I can't wait for April/May.
How has the computer scoring system changed?
I know a few friends who were rejected post-interview. It may just be that those who are rejected don't report it here on SDN. During my interview they said that they were trying to make the wait list smaller; by how much, I wouldn't know. I don't know the details on how they changed the system, but I was told "we used to let you know the day after your interview, but this year we are running the applicants through the computer system."
UB said they interview over or about 600 applicants. I'm really curious to know the number of students that get accepted, wait-listed, and post-interview rejected each year.
I'm an OOS applicant...I wish I knew what my chances were since this is a state school 🙁
I'm an OOS applicant...I wish I knew what my chances were since this is a state school 🙁
UB said they interview over or about 600 applicants. I'm really curious to know the number of students that get accepted, wait-listed, and post-interview rejected each year.
I'm an OOS applicant...I wish I knew what my chances were since this is a state school 🙁
I bet these are all good signs. Maybe the list is so much smaller that it doesn't make sense to break it up OR maybe there will be more/early movement with less people on the list.
Are you still pending at other schools? If so, there is still time! You can get an II today and be interviewing somewhere next week. I may sound perpetually optimistic, but this process is much more tolerable if you try to see the bright side.
These keep me going and hopefully help all of you, too:

Last edited:
I bet these are all good signs. Maybe the list is so much smaller that it doesn't make sense to break it up OR maybe there will be more/early movement with less people on the list.
Are you still pending at other schools? If so, there is still time! You can get an II today and be interviewing somewhere next week. I may sound perpetually optimistic, but this process is much more tolerable if you try to see the bright side.
These keep me going and hopefully help all of you, too:
View attachment 178209 View attachment 178210 View attachment 178211
Thanks for the kind words! Still waiting to hear back at some schools, but those are way out of reach so I'm not considering them by any means.
Let's hope the new method UB is using will benefit all of us currently on the wait-list 🙂
Hello fellow waitlisters. I'm annoyed that I have no idea where I am on the wait list as of right now because I am also on another wait list and have yet to have an acceptance. I still have two interviews, but not till March, so probably interviewing for wait list there as well. I hate how much waiting there is!
Hello fellow waitlisters. I'm annoyed that I have no idea where I am on the wait list as of right now because I am also on another wait list and have yet to have an acceptance. I still have two interviews, but not till March, so probably interviewing for wait list there as well. I hate how much waiting there is!
You're in a much better place than some of us with those 4 IIs - congratulations! As a fellow waitlistee, the best advice I have to pass this time is to stay as busy as possible. May as well make the most of it and have some fun/get work done, right?
Best of luck with your other interviews in the meantime!
Thanks! I know I shouldn't complain, I would really like to get that yes!You're in a much better place than some of us with those 4 IIs - congratulations! As a fellow waitlistee, the best advice I have to pass this time is to stay as busy as possible. May as well make the most of it and have some fun/get work done, right?
Best of luck with your other interviews in the meantime!
Hoping to see some movement starting this week. It seems that in the past few years a small handful of waitlisted applicants were accepted starting mid March.
Also hoping for wait-list movement.
>3.9 s/c GPA, 30 MCAT
Interviewed early Dec
Reapplicant w/ good ECs, published clinical research, lots of clinical exposure
>3.9 s/c GPA, 30 MCAT
Interviewed early Dec
Reapplicant w/ good ECs, published clinical research, lots of clinical exposure
Hmm let us hope indeed!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone knows when their last interview is scheduled for. I hope after that they would rank us in thirds, like they have been doing in the past. This way we have an idea.
April 30th
called and was told that the last interview date is April 23rd. That's when they start pulling from the waitlist.Looking at past threads, UB starting pulling from the the waitlist in late March. Doesn't seem to be the case this year.
called and was told that the last interview date is April 23rd. That's when they start pulling from the waitlist.
Thanks for calling and letting us know! Much appreciated.
The suspense is killing me!! But I hope this is true, and that we all made it past the first rejection cycle...
Good luck to you guys! I can't wait to find out where we all stand. Ahhhh!
Come on April!
likewise, been on the waitlist for a couple months now, and it's definitely super anxious. Good luck to everyone on the rest of the cycle!
Was also told that the only way for them to make the waitlist smaller would be to reject individuals that are at the very bottom of the waitlist. I swear the suspense never ends.
Is there a certain deadline they reject by or is it random timing?
Once the interviews are done, so after April 23rd.Is there a certain deadline they reject by or is it random timing?
Add one to the waitlist
So has anyone had luck asking about what their "final score" was and what the scoring was out of? I am also on the wait list, and although the email states that they can't reveal rankings as compared to others, I wonder if they will tell you your own score?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Add one to the waitlist
So has anyone had luck asking about what their "final score" was and what the scoring was out of? I am also on the wait list, and although the email states that they can't reveal rankings as compared to others, I wonder if they will tell you your own score?
Welcome, guys, and no, Demondog - UB doesn't provide any information on your final score. We've been told that if Dr. Severin changes his mind, it will be reflected on our online status page.
Best of luck to you both!
Two weeks?
called and was told that the last interview date is April 23rd. That's when they start pulling from the waitlist.
So it would be wise to send a letter of updates/interests/intent next week (a week before April 23rd)?
Thank you for sharing the info!
Probably wouldn't make a difference, your score is set in stone.
