2013-2014 University of Arizona - Phoenix Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same. Been complete about 3 weeks though.

If it makes you feel better, I was complete 11 Sep and nothing.

Members don't see this ad.

If you have not received an update to your status, your file remains active and under review. The old adage "no news is good news" is true in our process.

We have begun releasing students that were not chosen for an interview. These decisions are now being sent as they are made by the committee, and will be communicated through the work week, M-F, 8-5.

Members don't see this ad :)
They must have just sent out a batch of these, and I got one too! :( Good luck to everyone this cycle!

So to be clear, everyone that states they received an email regarding their decision, that was an email that was sent to your actual email address, correct? Just wondering because I keep logging into the website to check my status, and it'd be nice to not have to do that if they are sending emails. Thanks!

Yes, I received an email from my actual email, not through the web site. Good luck!

Yes, I received an email from my actual email, not through the web site. Good luck!
Thanks! I wasn't complete until the beginning of October, so I expect I won't be hearing back about a rejection or anything else for at least a couple weeks. The odds are against me, but I still have some hope lol.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting for decisions. Hopefully there will be a lot more good news coming from the ADCOM tomorrow!

im +3 hours from phoenix.. already started waiting when it was 4am AZ time -__-

Happy Friday and Admission Offer Round 2!

Notifications will be delivered in the late afternoon. Our office will be involved in meetings during the day and unavailable to respond to messages and calls. We appreciate your understanding.

Make it a great day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Happy Friday and Admission Offer Round 2!

Notifications will be delivered in the late afternoon. Our office will be involved in meetings during the day and unavailable to respond to messages and calls. We appreciate your understanding.

Make it a great day.

Thank you for the time frame! I will try to put my heart at ease :scared:

Rejected pre-interview with 32 balanced MCAT, 3.8 overall gpa, CA resident and complete 8/8.

Out of curiosity, was anyone that was previously on the waiting list either accepted or rejected?

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything yet. Complete 3 weeks ago...hoping for an interview. One of my top choices!

My husband and I were both rejected. I was complete late August, he was complete late September. We'll try again next year if we need to. We love this school!

Received a rejection email this morning. Complete a long time ago. LizzyM of 73, OOS. Oh well.

Complete as of last night! Am anxious how soon it will take the committee to evaluate me.

Accepted on Friday! I could not be happier, this school is incredible :)

any II lately?? or any info regarding IIs? does anyone know how many invites are left?

I think the timing just depends. I was complete at the end of July too. I interviewed 8/5 and was accepted 10/15. Good luck to you guys!

Hello Everyone!!!

I was accepted on Oct 15th. Just put in a Facebook request for the group that was created a couple of pages back. So excited! Heading for a revisit day on November 4th. Maybe I'll see some of you there :0).

Applying super late, but hoping my alma mater will show me some love. Re-app with a MUCH more competitive app.

<3 my hometown

Accepted on 10/25 :) First acceptance!

LizzyM score 70+, OOS. Complete late August. Interview in October.

Interview in two days!! Im both excited about visiting the campus and nervous about the MMI...
Anyone else here doing their interview next monday ?

You will really enjoy your interview! Everyone on campus was so nice and made me feel relaxed. The MMI was actually pretty fun once you got going. The campus is absolutely beautiful too! I can't wait to go back for a revisit! Good luck!

I know others have said it but you'll love this school. Just relax during the MMI, be confident, show care and empathy, and communicate your ideas clearly. Good luck!

And, as cheesy as this is going to sound...BE YOURSELF. :)

Thanks a lot for the advices guys! I hope this will be a good opportunity for me to join you guys who were accepted !

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Dr. Cunningham, I'm relatively new to SDN so pardon my questions!

I received an II this morning and am so excited to be given this opportunity. My question is, can I mail in another clinical LOR to the Admissions Office? Or should I just bring it to my interview on the 25th? Thank you so much!

I received an II this morning and am so excited to be given this opportunity. My question is, can I mail in another clinical LOR to the Admissions Office? Or should I just bring it to my interview on the 25th? Thank you so much!

Congrats! Can you share when you were complete?

Looking forward to meeting you on the 25th.

Letters should be sent to AMCAS for uploading; otherwise, an additional letter (by mail, walk-in) will not be added to your file and considered when deliberating your final application outcome.