You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Weill Cornell Medical College Application Thread
Started by JJMrK
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I find myself checking this thread way too often.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can subscribe to it, in which case you'll only have to check your email too often😀I find myself checking this thread way too often.
I'm usually a very very patient person... BUT.................................... THIS IS TORTURE.![]()
I find myself checking this thread way too often.
I feel you... every day this week between 9-10AM I've been refreshing SDN and my email constantly. And then also throughout the day.
You can subscribe to it, in which case you'll only have to check your email too often😀
The last thing I think I need at this point are extra emails bumping up by Inbox number. Every time my heart rate increases thinking its Cornell.
47% according to ZuluHotel's graph 😛so what are the chances we will know tomorrow?
so what are the chances we will know tomorrow?
47% according to ZuluHotel's graph 😛
haha I stand by those odds. My gut (and my graph) say more likely Monday, but I'm holding out hope that we will be celebrating this weekend. Hell, even I don't get in I'll be celebrating the end of the suspense.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope that today is the day! Although it probably won't be 🙁 ...
Either way, we'll know a week from today. That's a pretty wild thought
And what's a few more says compared to the last few months anyway?Either way, it's been an honor waiting with y'all. 🙂
I've been actively ignoring my inbox this morning. Once I start checking it, I'll be glued to it all day.
I have never been so excited for it to be Monday before in my life.
So true.I have never been so excited for it to be Monday before in my life.
Good luck everyone! Hoping to hear some good news tomorrow with you all.
Good luck everyone! Hoping to hear some good news tomorrow with you all.
This is such an A+ thread. So friendly compared to the typical SDN dickishness. Best of luck to everyone here waiting!
This is such an A+ thread. So friendly compared to the typical SDN dickishness. Best of luck to everyone here waiting!
School-specific and Class threads >> all other pre-allo threads. Though I can probably make an exception for waitlist kitteh and the reaction to acceptances threads among a few select others 😛 Last week (or day!) of waiting guys!!
I'm alternating between being incredibly excited / ridiculously stressed / trying not to think about it. Eek!
Does anyone know how many will be initially accepted, wait listed, and rejected?
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone interview with TP and is feeling nervous as well?
Yes! I definitely couldn't read how my interview with TP went - feel almost like it was too casual. Super nervous for (maybe) tomorrow.
Anyone interview with RS feel the same? Not that it matters at this point...
Yes! I definitely couldn't read how my interview with TP went - feel almost like it was too casual. Super nervous for (maybe) tomorrow.
RS was one of my interviewers, and that interview didn't stand out from my other interviews in any particular way. I'm not sure if this helps 🙂
Guys, interview is only one of the factors; the rest of your application still plays a major role in the final decision, not to mention all the demographic/diversity etc. considerations (and by diversity I don't mean URM/non-URM, but rather different backgrounds, interests, paths to medicine etc.). Not to mention that it's hard, if not impossible, to evaluate your interview performance and/or your interviewer's reactions. I really don't think you can predict the final decision based on how you *feel* your interview went.
Guys, interview is only one of the factors; the rest of your application still plays a major role in the final decision, not to mention all the demographic/diversity etc. considerations (and by diversity I don't mean URM/non-URM, but rather different backgrounds, interests, paths to medicine etc.). Not to mention that it's hard, if not impossible, to evaluate your interview performance and/or your interviewer's reactions. I really don't think you can predict the final decision based on how you *feel* your interview went.
Are emails an all day ordeal, or do all acceptances /WLs/rejections go out at once?
Are emails an all day ordeal, or do all acceptances /WLs/rejections go out at once?
From past years it seems like they each go out at same time (i.e. all acceptances at the same time, but not the same time as WL or rejections). I think last year the bad news came out same day shortly after good news, but some previous years bad news came out the next day or so.
Thanks!From past years it seems like they each go out at same time (i.e. all acceptances at the same time, but not the same time as WL or rejections). I think last year the bad news came out same day shortly after good news, but some previous years bad news came out the next day or so.
.
Last edited:
Did all good news come out early in the day (morning time)? Or was it kinda random as to whether it was morning versus afternoon/night?
Past couple years it was pretty regular, between 9 and 10 AM. If you go back more than a couple years it seemed more random.
Checking out of the thread for the night. Crossing my fingers for all of you guys tomorrow!
.
Last edited:
I strongly believe that:No matter what happens tomorrow (or the rest of the days this week), we are all beautiful, amazing winners. 🙂
1) people who interviewed at Cornell and the like are all strong applicants who deserve to be accepted to a school like Cornell;
However,
2) there are so many strong applicants that which ones become accepted/wait listed/rejected by which school becomes utterly unpredictable (if not random).
I guess by saying this I'm trying to keep my chin up and my expectations down 😀
Preparing for the worst but hoping for the best. Best of luck everyone! (Even though, at this point it isn't luck that got us this far)
Thanks to daylight savings, we get decisions 1 hour earlier than normal! Almost makes up for 1 hour less of sleep this weekend.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Today hopefully. Can't bear any more waiting.
Heyo! I'm here for the anticiparty.
I understand this is irrational, but every time there is a new message in this thread I completely freak out.
I just finished my hour-long commute (with no internet access). Didn't see any email in my inbox when I got to work and was afraid to see that this thread had new messages.
Too much.