2013-2014 Weill Cornell Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have people been receiving regular emails whenever new documents are uploaded to the LEARN website/have y'all been receiving regular email updates lately? I haven't received any new emails from admissions, financial aid, etc., in quite a while and, unfortunately, my primary email address with Cornell is a forwarding email client, so I'm super paranoid that messages aren't coming through.

Members don't see this ad.

Have people been receiving regular emails whenever new documents are uploaded to the LEARN website/have y'all been receiving regular email updates lately? I haven't received any new emails from admissions, financial aid, etc., in quite a while and, unfortunately, my primary email address with Cornell is a forwarding email client, so I'm super paranoid that messages aren't coming through.

I haven't really gotten much besides an email or two from the dean saying some things have been uploaded.

The last communication from Cornell I received (besides email confirmations of the forms they received from me) was an email from Admissions about orientation and health forms on June 9th.
You can probably change your email address with Cornell.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an email reminder about the forms from Rachel.

@Mather2012 I got the mass reminder from Rachel as well and one from the Office of Admissions confirming receipt of my transcript. I didn't receive an email but I check the site daily and today they uploaded info about life on the UES.

Just turned down my offer of admission from the waitlist. It was an agonizing decision since WCMC was my top choice but it's too late for me to change plans now. If there is anyone here waiting, good luck. Maybe you'll get my spot!

Just turned down my offer of admission from the waitlist. It was an agonizing decision since WCMC was my top choice but it's too late for me to change plans now. If there is anyone here waiting, good luck. Maybe you'll get my spot!
Oh man, sorry to hear that, you were so enthusiastic about Cornell!
Well, best of luck at the school you're matriculating at!

Reactions: 1 user
Oh man, sorry to hear that, you were so enthusiastic about Cornell!
Well, best of luck at the school you're matriculating at!

Thanks! I'll be at UW in Seattle which was my second choice and it's near family so I can't complain :) Good luck at Cornell!

Thanks! I'll be at UW in Seattle which was my second choice and it's near family so I can't complain :) Good luck at Cornell!
UW is a fantastic school as well!

I'm looking to buy a new laptop. Anyone know if there are any specific requirements that our laptops need?

They say often that we don't really need a laptop since there we get iPads and there are computers available.

But here's a link about buying a computer on the IT site.

EDIT: Found this embedded on the site. It lists the minimum requirements.

Last edited:
Thanks snowflakes!! That makes a lot of sense and seems rather easy to do since we're only two-thirds their size.

Hey, if they want some students to go to the other NY-Pres or Bellevue...

tumblr_inline_mjimacIm851qz4rgp.gif

Frankly, this will be a bit of a mess for both 2017 & 2018. No one is happy about it (especially clerkship directors), but it had to happen at some point during the curriculum transfer. Lots of people are working on it now, so everyone's fingers are crossed.

On the plus side, the classrooms/PBL rooms are currently being renovated and will be shiny and new for you all!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know when we are allowed to move in, do we need to sign up for a time slot?

Also has the white coat ceremony date been officially set?

AHHH!!! We just got the Orientation schedule!!!

Reactions: 1 users